• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Make sure you've actually done the Lighthouse and have spoken to Jasmine.

I've looked all over Olivine and Cianwood City for her; where is she supposed to meet the player first? There are some walled-off parts of the lighthouse that I can't reach when I take the stairs/ladders; would she be in one of them (at the risk of asking a foolish question)?

Years
I've looked all over Olivine and Cianwood City for her; where is she supposed to meet the player first? There are some walled-off parts of the lighthouse that I can't reach when I take the stairs/ladders; would she be in one of them (at the risk of asking a foolish question)?
She should be at the top of the lighthouse. Make sure that when you get to some of the upper floors, pay close attention to the walls. There should be one or two areas that may look like windows at first glance, but are actually doors to the outside of the lighthouse (it took me a little while to figure this out on my first playthrough). After that, you shouldn't have much trouble making it to the top.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've made it to Mahpgany Gym now, and cleared the first two rooms with no major problems. The third room, though, is frustrating me badly: I can't reach the last "regular" tralner. let alone Pryce. Could somebody please look at the screenshot and tell me where to go? Thanks so much!

Years
I've made it to Mahpgany Gym now, and cleared the first two rooms with no major problems. The third room, though, is frustrating me badly: I can't reach the last "regular" tralner. let alone Pryce. Could somebody please look at the screenshot and tell me where to go? Thanks so much!

Try watching this video, it should show you the directions:

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've come to another standstill in SoulSilver: while solving the boulder puzzle in the Ice Path, I was able to get three boulders into their holes but still having trouble with the fourth (lower left). No matter how I push the remaining boulder, I can't get it to line up with the hole. (See the attached screenshot.)

If any of you could help me solve the last part (YouTube links are OK!), I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you again!

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
How to prepare for Elite four?

I have a team consisting of pokemon from lvl 30-38 and i need them to get stronger for the elite four.i would appreciate some help and also what level is appropriate for battling them?

Years
In my case, when I played pokemon platinum to beat the elite 4 I level up my pokes in a range of 55-63, because the most powerful pokemon of the elite four have level 62.

So I try to level my best pokemon 1 or 2 until level 62 or 63, other with level 58, and the last until 55 or 57.

Usually i enter in the elite four with 5 pokes for battle and one my HMslave ( after all, he help me all the way XD). And I use my HM salve when some of my other pokes dies, and i need one turn to revive or heal them.

And last, in the most cases, i train in the victory road, because i have near the pokemon center to heal over and over XD.

I heard a lot of people enter with levels more below, but for me, i prefer high level for more security.

By the way, meanwhile i train, i bring with me a pokemon with pick up to obtain some random items between battles.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Do you have any items that double you pokemon's experience? If so I'd recommend training your pokemon one by one with it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I usually stay in Victory Road when I'm in need of training - I just grind there until my levels are adequate enough. Using a Lucky Egg or EXP Share while training can help too, especially if you have another weak Pokemon in need of levels.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Training for the Elite four starts with the first pokemon you choose. Depending on your game you should take at most 3 Pokes with you. Bump them up to at least lv58 each and should have at least one ice, fire/water, maybe electric move. Not pokemon. If all else fails just Earthquake the crap outta everyone . lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Well that won't work seeing as this is tagged as [HGSS] will it? No offence. The Champions pokémon range up to level 50, with the Elite Four starting out as low as level 40.

So um...get them to at least lv.45, mainly through battling in Victory Road, but also if you have any re-matches on the Pokégear: This link shows you who to call when in order to get re-matches

Definitely go for pokémon using these types: Fire, Ice, Rock. But don't just stick to them, obviously. Just 18 out of the 25 pokémon you're about to face are weak to at least one of these types, so having them is definitely useful.
I would definitely advise doing as many re-matches as possible alongside the wild pokémon in order to stock up on Hyper Potions, Revives and Full Heals. (I wouldn't advise Full Restores tbh. Maybe about 20 for use in-battle, but stick to the Hyper Potion + Full Heal combo out of battle, its cheaper).

Hope this helps!

EDIT: If you have a pokémon that resists Dragon, Electric and Ice, level that up to be one of your highest - Lance's Dragonite(s) can be *****es if you're unprepared. Not to play down the rest of his team though, which is bad-ass.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
As the others have said, there is no other technique for this other than to grind, grids and grind. Then again, if your Pokemon have solid moves and you have a great strategy, study the elite four carefully and you could scrape past with super effective attacks. Moves like perish song help massively, if you have a Pokemon that can use that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Well that won't work seeing as this is tagged as [HGSS] will it? No offence. The Champions pokémon range up to level 50, with the Elite Four starting out as low as level 40.

So um...get them to at least lv.45, mainly through battling in Victory Road, but also if you have any re-matches on the Pokégear: This link shows you who to call when in order to get re-matches

Definitely go for pokémon using these types: Fire, Ice, Rock. But don't just stick to them, obviously. Just 18 out of the 25 pokémon you're about to face are weak to at least one of these types, so having them is definitely useful.
I would definitely advise doing as many re-matches as possible alongside the wild pokémon in order to stock up on Hyper Potions, Revives and Full Heals. (I wouldn't advise Full Restores tbh. Maybe about 20 for use in-battle, but stick to the Hyper Potion + Full Heal combo out of battle, its cheaper).

Hope this helps!

EDIT: If you have a pokémon that resists Dragon, Electric and Ice, level that up to be one of your highest - Lance's Dragonite(s) can be *****es if you're unprepared. Not to play down the rest of his team though, which is bad-ass.
Thanks alot,i really needed help for heartgold specifically....My team is:
1.feraligator 38
2.ampharos 37
3.Gengar 38
4.Mamoswine 34
5.dragonair 30
6.Growlithe 37
As you can see training 15 level would be impossible with wild pokemons :( ....but i guess i should try atleast

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've finally gotten my eighth badge, passed the Dragon's Den test, and defeated the Kimono Sisters...but after I reached the Whirl Islands, a new problem came up. The only "down"ladder I could find on the top level of the cave, leads to this area (see the attached screenshot). So far, every path I've tried (except the ladder I climbed to get in) is a dead end; have I been overlooking a different entance to this level? Please help if you can!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've finally gotten my eighth badge, passed the Dragon's Den test, and defeated the Kimono Sisters...but after I reached the Whirl Islands, a new problem came up. The only "down"ladder I could find on the top level of the cave, leads to this area (see the attached screenshot). So far, every path I've tried (except the ladder I climbed to get in) is a dead end; have I been overlooking a different entance to this level? Please help if you can!

Spoiler:

These helped me when I was at this point.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ummm, there's nothing behind the spoiler tags...could you please edit and resend?

There are four different entrances to the interior of Whirl Islands, one from each of the islands as seen on the overworld: Island A in the northwest, Island B in the northeast, Island C in the southwest and Island D in the southeast, and each one starts you in a different area of the interior. The easiest way to get to Lugia is to enter through Island B, which is found by Surfing immediately south from the coast of Route 40. While walking, you can encounter two new Pokemon here: Seel, which evolves into this author's favorite Pokemon, and Krabby, which is an excellent HM slave and decent Physical Water-type. You can also find Horsea, which can evolve into moderately powerful Water/Dragon-type Kingdra, while Surfing or Fishing.

To get to Lugia, head right from the starting point of Island B's entrance. Jump across the first ledge and keep to the upper path; there are two adjacent ledges coming up and you want to jump across the upper one, finding a ladder located on regular ground to the north. If you find a ladder near an Ultra Ball on a higher platform, you jumped across the wrong ledge and will have to start over. Once you ascend the right ladder, follow the raised path and you'll see the next ladder you need to take on the southwestern end.

You'll emerge in an area where Flash is not required, near a Max Revive; walk south and you'll find a monk blocking the path. Speak to him and you'll produce the Silver Wing, which demonstrates that you're a pure-hearted Trainer and ready to encounter Lugia. The monk will move out of your way.

Pop into the cave nearby for a free Rare Candy, and then continue all the way down into this cavern. When you reach the entrance to Lugia's lair at the foot of the path, your Pokemon will return to its Pokeball as you head inside. The Kimono Girls will be waiting for you and, using the Tidal Bell, they will perform a dance that summons Lugia from the water below. Lugia emerges from a waterfall, flapping its wings and roaring ferociously. After the cutscene, save your progress, Surf out to Lugia and speak to it to begin the battle. This is your only chance to capture SoulSilver's mascot, so hopefully you brought some Ultra Balls and a Pokemon that knows a sleep-inducing move.

That's from Psypoke, hope it helps.

kingfor6

Pkmn Trainer SS Goku
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2015
EV training

Is EV training worth it or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back