• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Discussion

Which new Electric-type is your favorite? Have you used them yet, assuming you have X and/or Y?

Helioptile, a dual Electric/Normal type and is known as the Regenerator Pokemon
1bb0e8a01ab48ab7b9c3bafb401f5d23.jpg

Heliolisk, Helioptile's evolved form, and is also Electric/Normal and known as the Regenerator Pokemon
695Heliolisk.png

Dedenne, a dual Electric/Fairy type and is known as the Antenna Pokemon
Dedenne.png

Ampharos and Manectric also have Mega forms now
500px-600px-181Ampharos-Mega-1-.png
mega_manectric_by_tomycase-d6s5qh6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
To get this place going, how about we start a new topic?

The Rotom family are some of the best housekeepers in town. With washing machines, microwaves, plugs and fans, you'd never need to worry about appliances again. Out of all of them, which one did you like the most? How about least favourite? And most importantly, why! What makes bungee-jumping out of a TV better than cooling you down on a hot summer day?

How did you feel about their signature moves as well? Would you of liked them to get their own 'special' ones or not? Basically, discuss anything under the sun about these electrical appliances. Concept, design, anything. Go crazy. :]

479.gif

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

The Rotom family are some of the best housekeepers in town. With washing machines, microwaves, plugs and fans, you'd never need to worry about appliances again. Out of all of them, which one did you like the most? How about least favourite? And most importantly, why! What makes bungee-jumping out of a TV better than cooling you down on a hot summer day?

How did you feel about their signature moves as well? Would you of liked them to get their own 'special' ones or not? Basically, discuss anything under the sun about these electrical appliances. Concept, design, anything. Go crazy. :]

479.gif

I like Frost Rotom the most, as I am an Ice-type fanatic. I don't think I have a least favorite. It would be nice if they each had their own signature move like some of the legendaries have, but not sure what those would be.

Rotom_All.png

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
Preferred username: Kamikaze or Anderson
Partner Pokémon: Electivire
Favorite Electric-type move:ThunderPunch for me when i catch a Elekid the only move i save is thunder punch because is so cool... i like it very much sometimes i only use ThunderPunch for all the game :P
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: because i like the type of moves they are moves that paralyze and the other pokemon takes the hit and because my first Electric pokemon was Elekid and i was amazed by that pokemon he did beat the elite 4 :P and helped me trough the game so thats why by then i loved Mareep that evolved to ampharos i ****ing destroy everyone in my way :P thats why i love electric pokemon

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Kamikaze or Anderson
Partner Pokémon: Electivire
Favorite Electric-type move:ThunderPunch for me when i catch a Elekid the only move i save is thunder punch because is so cool... i like it very much sometimes i only use ThunderPunch for all the game :P
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon: because i like the type of moves they are moves that paralyze and the other pokemon takes the hit and because my first Electric pokemon was Elekid and i was amazed by that pokemon he did beat the elite 4 :P and helped me trough the game so thats why by then i loved Mareep that evolved to ampharos i ****ing destroy everyone in my way :P thats why i love electric pokemon

Welcome to the club. Great partner you have there. He's kinda ugly but I better watch what I say, he could kill me. :P ThunderPunch is probably my second favorite Electric move, any bipedal Pokemon that is Electric should have it. You used only an Elekid to beat the Elite Four? What level was/is he? I love Ampharos too, loved using him in Pokemon Stadium 2. I think I had one in Silver or Gold but I can't remember. Couldn't capture Mareep in Crystal. :/

Years
GOOD GOSH I'm sorry for falling inactive. :( I guess that's what happens when you have school and three of your own clubs to manage. But here I am!

479.gif

I was never a fan of Rotom until very recently. His cuteness started growing on me, especially since I've started watching competitive battling videos and have been seeing him around so often. As far as design goes I like Heat as it appeals to me most.. but they all are pretty great, admittedly, so it's hard to pick a favorite.

Rotom's mansion was the first area in all of Pokemon to really scare me so that probably contributed to my love for it, aha. I remember being super excited to catch the little guy for the first time as well as how much trouble I went through to finally get it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Rotom was probably the reason that drove me to go in there in the first place. The Old Chateau was never one of my favourite places because of the ghosts, music and general design. Not my type of thing honestly. Although as soon as I heard about an electrifying ghost, I had to get my hands on one. Even if that meant waiting till the clock struck eight. I could of just changed the DS clock but hey, I didn't think of that. XD

KamikazeSSoH

Years
You used only an Elekid to beat the Elite Four? What level was/is he?
no bro i used 6 Elekid's but only one survive the elite four :P level 80/89/85x2/90/100

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
You've got to admit that's pretty impressive, Kamikaze! I wouldn't of had the guts to do it. Although I'm kind of inspired from your experience. How did you find it overall though? Fun? Challenging? I'm never doing it again? I'd love to hear some more, if that's okay. XD

KamikazeSSoH

Years
You've got to admit that's pretty impressive, Kamikaze! I wouldn't of had the guts to do it. Although I'm kind of inspired from your experience. How did you find it overall though? Fun? Challenging? I'm never doing it again? I'd love to hear some more, if that's okay. XD

its fun when you beat them in the 3 try :P i did that whit mareep and i did it in the 30 try i think :) its challenging but if you have the right moves you can beat easily but if you doing whit like a water pokemon or a fire pokemon its more easy.... i try :P but i did only use elekid because he is easy to catch and level up and its fun when you go the the grass type gym and beat everyone whit Elekid :)
Spr_2g_Elekid_credits.png

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Preferred username: Synerjee

Partner Pokémon: Lanturn

Answer the current topic: Rotom!

Ah, Rotom. That one Pokemon I literally stayed up till the early hours of the morning just to capture. I haven't used it in any of the games before so I do not know its true battling capabilities, but during those few times I've used it during competitive battles at the server, I've found it to be quite a battler, especially Wash Rotom and Fan Rotom.

Design-wise, I prefer Fan Rotom over all the others. It has a sleek design which I like, plus it also has that great Electric/Flying typing which protects it against the dreaded Ground-type, although I prefer Electric/Water coupled with its Levitate ability in terms of battling.

Typhon

'sup
Years
Preferred username [required] atif, but call me Zeratul!

Partner Pokémon [required] Mai little Rotom. :>

Answer the current topic (New topics are currently not available, but feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one) [optional]

Are you upset with the lack of Electric-types in the new generation? What kind of Electric-type do you want to see be made?

I'm not too disappointed, but I definitely think they could of have introduced some more Electric-Type Pokémon. They only did include around 80 Pokémon in X/Y that were new though, so It was kinda expected, especially when there's 18-19 types or so. They could of have surely introduced some lovely new Electric Types like Ampharos, etc. The only reason why they didn't include this is probably because they did include Ampharos in-game!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Synerjee

Partner Pokémon: Lanturn

Answer the current topic: Rotom!

Ah, Rotom. That one Pokemon I literally stayed up till the early hours of the morning just to capture. I haven't used it in any of the games before so I do not know its true battling capabilities, but during those few times I've used it during competitive battles at the server, I've found it to be quite a battler, especially Wash Rotom and Fan Rotom.

Design-wise, I prefer Fan Rotom over all the others. It has a sleek design which I like, plus it also has that great Electric/Flying typing which protects it against the dreaded Ground-type, although I prefer Electric/Water coupled with its Levitate ability in terms of battling.

Welcome to the club. Great choice with Lanturn, one of the few Pokemon I ever was able to have but still loved it due to its unique typing. I have never used Rotom either but it is a very unique Pokemon because it can change its secondary type to 5 other types and cause quite a problem for your opponent. I love Rotom because with Levitate, it can be immune to so many types.

Preferred username [required] atif, but call me Zeratul!

Partner Pokémon [required] Mai little Rotom. :>

Answer the current topic (New topics are currently not available, but feel free to answer any of the old ones or come up with a new one) [optional]

Are you upset with the lack of Electric-types in the new generation? What kind of Electric-type do you want to see be made?

I'm not too disappointed, but I definitely think they could of have introduced some more Electric-Type Pokémon. They only did include around 80 Pokémon in X/Y that were new though, so It was kinda expected, especially when there's 18-19 types or so. They could of have surely introduced some lovely new Electric Types like Ampharos, etc. The only reason why they didn't include this is probably because they did include Ampharos in-game!

Welcome to the club. Another lover of Rotom. :) They did make a Mega evolution for Ampharos, and it's Electric/Dragon this time. I have never used it though but it sounds awesome, just not Zekrom awesome. :P

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Welcome to all of the new members! Look forward to seeing you guys around. :]

@ Cloyster: Unless I've misread it completely, Kamikaze wants to try an E4 run with Electrode. It's a shame how the Elekid one turned out but hopefully this one will go better, yeah? :)

Kokocat

Burning Young Heart
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
Hello! :3

Preferred Username: Kokocat
Partner Pokemon: Heliolisk

Heliolisk's Moveset

Surf
Volt Switch
Dark Pulse
Thunderbolt

Current Discussion Question:

I'm not that bothered by the lack of pokemon... I'm more bothered by not having more bulky pokemon or some more interesting type combinations. (I really wanted a electric/ghost, electric/fighting or electric/dark)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back