• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHOM EVER KEEPS RAGE QUITTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
ON THE POKEMON WIFI WHEN I KILL YOU, DONT FREAKING BATTLE ONLINE IF YOUR NOT GONNA TAKE A LOSS...IWANNA RANT MORE BUT I KNOW BETTER...how many of you rage quit because your going to lose? >:(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm going to go ahead and move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central where you can discuss what you think about the rage quits people go through in all games, since this isn't really Black and White specific.

I do however find it immature when people disconnect when they are at loss in a battle. The luck in a battle and the winning person at the moment of it can change very quickly, so it's always best to see what happens in the end. That's what makes the match better imo, but others like to lead the winning progress. It's unfortunate that they would disconnect if they are not however. :\

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
lmao my friend used to disconnect the cord back in the GBA days. And my sister would run. :/ It's really annoying. I can't help that I'm better than them. -hair flip-

Years
  • Age 35
  • AL
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
I have not battled online yet, as I still haven't beaten white and my A team is sitting in another game. But I shake my head in shame at the rage quitters.
Win! but if you must lose, then lose with dignity and grace! Your greatest victory means nothing if you can't handle a single defeat.

But that's just my humble opinion. Now I'm off to train for my next Gym battle, five down and three to go.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Very annoying even if you waited a while just to find someone to battle

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
This is why Gamefreak should have implemented a system that would give those who disconnected a loss and the "disconnect victims" a win. If this were to happen, I'd be willing to bet that the amount of people who disconnect would sharply decline. Interestingly though, I've never had anyone disconnect on me in PBR Online

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I hate it when people do that. If you're gonna battle online, be fair about it. The only one who has to know or care about your win/loss ratio is yourself. I lose all the time when battling online, but I'd never even consider disconnecting like that just to pretend it never happened. It's a video game for god's sake.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I hate it when people do that, seriously. I learned to accept that a loss is a loss and you'll win someday. If you hate to lose, don't play then. ;)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Note to myself: Should I ever play online Pokemon (and lose, of course), rage quit. Successfully trolling the enemy is at least some kind of victory.

How would you know you're trolling the "enemy?" Perhaps you'd be rage quitting against someone who does not disconnect (and would therefore be very ticked off at you). Quitting "just because everyone else is doing it" only makes the problem worse. Regardless of your reasons, it is a very immature thing to do. Don't do it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I find playing Pokemon with other people is incredibly annoying, because everyone is always switching Pokemon to gain the type advantage over the other, and noone ends up winning or losing. I've never played online, but that was the case back in the Link Cable days.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Heh, here's the reason I don't ragequit. Once I was in battle with one of my best friends. It was our last Pokemon on both sides, my Dragonite against his Kyogre (yeah, we don't care much for metagaming:nervous:) and I was considering ragequit to tick him off. I didn't, and I ending up coming back and WINNING!

In conclusion, don't ragequit. It's simply an immature thing to do and you might end up winning because of sheer dumb luck.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I don't battle online a lot I Mostly battle my friends via Wireless connection on our DS
My Friends Usually quits on me when they all have like one pokemon left, only time i quite was the time one of them used an Uber after we specifically said no ubers... i got mad and quit... I also thought of quiting when I was in a tag battle with them and my Partner already lost all of his pokemon... and I was battling a Swellow and a Typhlosion with only a Sceptile... I didn't quit and I ended up winning

Years
How would you know you're trolling the "enemy?" Perhaps you'd be rage quitting against someone who does not disconnect (and would therefore be very ticked off at you). Quitting "just because everyone else is doing it" only makes the problem worse. Regardless of your reasons, it is a very immature thing to do. Don't do it.
And being butthurt about hypothetical bad and obvious trolling is less immature than executing it would be? I don't think it's like a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life, but apparently... it does, considering some of the rage seen in this thread. And this fact is something I, a person that does not play PvP Pokemon and thus has a somewhat neutral perspective, do in fact find funny.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
For one's opponent to concede defeat when they perceive no chance at winning is fair enough. Quitting when angered is just common sense, I think; games are played for fun, so staying would be like keeping one's hand on a hot stove when they know it hurts. The mind does not reward hardship, only the moment it ceases.

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Mar 31, 2011
I never have rage quit and I will never do so. Why? It's immature and it shows your one of those people who want to be perfect, which no one in this world is.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

And being butthurt about hypothetical bad and obvious trolling is less immature than executing it would be? I don't think it's like a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life, but apparently... it does, considering some of the rage seen in this thread. And this fact is something I, a person that does not play PvP Pokemon and thus has a somewhat neutral perspective, do in fact find funny.

You're exaggerating quite a bit here. The fact that some people (immaturely) whine about "rage quitting" does not change the fact that it is a very immature action. Besides, everyone has the right to get at least a little ticked off when someone "rage quits" on them. It simply ruins the experience of battling. The person could have easily selected "run" and forfeited, but they didn't. It's like someone flipping over the chess board when they make a mistake and get their queen taken away. They could have easily just tipped their king over and given in. And I don't think that anyone here is even implying that "a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life." That is a huge exaggeration on your part.

Bottom line: Rage quitting in anything, not just Pokémon is immature. It would not be tolerated in a competition and therefore should not be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back