• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I've got a few questions to ask: what place has the highest level wild pokemon? Is it better to fight the elite four to level up or should I go with hunting audino for exp. I am already done with the elite four and champion. Can you get a dream world litwick yet if not, why? Thanks.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I've got a few questions to ask: what place has the highest level wild pokemon? Is it better to fight the elite four to level up or should I go with hunting audino for exp. I am already done with the elite four and champion. Can you get a dream world litwick yet if not, why? Thanks.

Most places post-game cap at wild L60, I believe. Some places cap around 50 (like the Dreamyard) and 55 (I think Challenger's Cave). You can fight L70 Pokemon while surfing, but this is inconsistent because they cap on the lower end at L35. Audino is still good EXP, just because EXP yields grow with level. It's up to you. Where you get your EXP doesn't make a difference if you've EV trained, after all.

Dream World Litwick is not released yet.
Why? Because it hasn't.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Shiny Chances

What is the chance of a shiny random encounter?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Because you can't breed a metagross ( can you? ) and you cant really find it in the wild how would you get a shiny one?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Because you can't breed a metagross ( can you? ) and you cant really find it in the wild how would you get a shiny one?

Metagross can breed with Ditto, but you can also find it and its pre-evolutions in the wild. Metang and Metagross are wild in the Giant Chasm.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Okay, I have a question on the Global Link, and I don't know if it's been anwered before.

Whenever I try to go to the promotion page to get my eeveelution, it says that I have to be qualified. I have tried it with both of my accounts now, and I KNOW for a fact that I've beaten the game and got an Espeon for a reward on both accounts. At first I thought it might have been some sort of bug on the PGL, but if it was it would have been fixed by now... (right?)

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
Years
should i train a sawk or throh? i'm leaning towards throh simply because judo is better than karate, but sawk has a higher attack. what do you think?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
should i train a sawk or throh? i'm leaning towards throh simply because judo is better than karate, but sawk has a higher attack. what do you think?
Sawk is faster and hits harder than Throh does. Throh, on the other hand, is slow, but has good defenses.

IMO, I'd use Sawk because one of its abilities, Sturdy, ensures it gets an attack in before going down.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As Toujours said you can get Beldum and Metang in the wild so just catch shiny Beldum or Metang and evolve it =)

IMO, I'd use Sawk because one of its abilities, Sturdy, ensures it gets an attack in before going down.
I agree with this statement. Sturdy is the thing that makes Sawk usable. =)

Years
There's always a problem with my team on random wi-fi matchup?

Okay, So I've never done a random wi-fi matchup battle as it always tells me there was a problem with my pokemon and I couldn't participate. I'm not a hacker, but I am a trader. I've looked up banned moves or combinations and haven't found anything that applies to me. This is my team:

PALADIN/Lucario
Lv 100
HP 268
Atk 264
Def 158
SpAtk 361
SpDef 147
Spd 215

Steadfast
Fist Plate

Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Protect

Sinnoh
Apparently arrived at lv 100

Paladin is kinda like my mascot, I bred and raised him myself in diamond. Absolutely no idea why he wouldn't be allowed.

ARCANINE/Arcanine (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 309
Atk 288
Def 184
SpAtk 250
SpDef 199
Spd 252

Flash Fire
Sitrus Berry

Fire Blast
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Iron Head

Kanto
Apparently Arrived at lv100 after a long travel through time.

He's not the strongest Pokemon but certainly one of my favourites. I got him at level 60 something I think from the Diamond GTS and I trained him up from there. Never had any problems using him on wifi, I've used him in Pokemon Battle Revolution wifi matchup with no problems at all.

LUXRAY/Luxray (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 308
Atk 372
Def 196
SpAtk 216
SpDef 201
Spd 207

Rivalry
Zap Plate

Spark
Iron Tail
Crunch
Facade

Sinnoh

I got luxray from the Diamond GTS as a low level shinx and then I trained him up from there. Just like Arcanine, used on wifi like PBR with no problems at all.

SWAMPERT/Swampert
Lv 100
HP 404
Atk 319
Def 309
SpAtk 269
SpDef 279
Spd 197

Torrent
Splash Plate

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Muddy Water

Hoenn
Apparently arrived at lv 100 after a long travel through time.

I traded for swampert at lv 100 a few months ago on the serebii wifi chat and have been pleased with him ever since. He's the tank of my team backing everyone else up. He's never seen the light of wifi apart from when he was traded to me.

Kojondo/Mienshao (shiny)
Lv 100
Hp 271
Atk 349
Def 156
SpAtk 196
SpDef 156
Spd 339

Regenerator
Life orb

Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fake Out

Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.

I traded for her at lv 100 with a random wifi trade partner on a Japanese copy of Pokemon white. I had my suspicions of whether she was hacked or not, but apparently she hatched at rt 3. She worked with a random wifi matchup on my Jap game but not my english one.

Renda/Togekiss
Lv 100
Hp 321
Atk 120
Def 226
SpAtk 339
SpDef 266
Spd 273

Serene Grace
Sharp Beak

Flame thrower
Shadow ball
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Hoenn

After battling so many annoying togekisses in my time, I thought if you can't beat them join them. Same situation with how I got my mienshao.

So that's the team I'm trying to get through with on wifi. Why they no enter? Is there something I'm not seeing?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Okay, So I've never done a random wi-fi matchup battle as it always tells me there was a problem with my pokemon and I couldn't participate. I'm not a hacker, but I am a trader. I've looked up banned moves or combinations and haven't found anything that applies to me. This is my team:

PALADIN/Lucario
Lv 100
HP 268
Atk 264
Def 158
SpAtk 361
SpDef 147
Spd 215

Steadfast
Fist Plate

Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Protect

Sinnoh

Paladin is kinda like my mascot, I bred and raised him myself in diamond. Absolutely no idea why he wouldn't be allowed.

Lv 100
HP 309
Atk 288
Def 184
SpAtk 250
SpDef 199
Spd 252

Flash Fire
Sitrus Berry

Fire Blast
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Iron Head

Kanto

He's not the strongest Pokemon but certainly one of my favourites. I got him at level 60 something I think from the Diamond GTS and I trained him up from there. Never had any problems using him on wifi, I've used him in Pokemon Battle Revolution wifi matchup with no problems at all.

LUXRAY/Luxray (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 308
Atk 372
Def 196
SpAtk 216
SpDef 201
Spd 207

Rivalry
Zap Plate

Spark
Iron Tail
Crunch
Facade

Sinnoh

I got luxray from the Diamond GTS as a low level shinx and then I trained him up from there. Just like Arcanine, used on wifi like PBR with no problems at all.

SWAMPERT/Swampert
Lv 100
HP 404
Atk 319
Def 309
SpAtk 269
SpDef 279
Spd 197

Torrent
Splash Plate

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Muddy Water

Hoenn

I traded for swampert at lv 100 a few months ago on the serebii wifi chat and have been pleased with him ever since. He's the tank of my team backing everyone else up. He's never seen the light of wifi apart from when he was traded to me.

Kojondo/Mienshao (shiny)
Lv 100
Hp 271
Atk 349
Def 156
SpAtk 196
SpDef 156
Spd 339

Regenerator
Life orb

Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fake Out

Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.

I traded for her at lv 100 with a random wifi trade partner on a Japanese copy of Pokemon white. I had my suspicions of whether she was hacked or not, but apparently she hatched at rt 3. She worked with a random wifi matchup on my Jap game but not my english one.

Renda/Togekiss
Lv 100
Hp 321
Atk 120
Def 226
SpAtk 339
SpDef 266
Spd 273

Serene Grace
Sharp Beak

Flame thrower
Shadow ball
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Hoenn

After battling so many annoying togekisses in my time, I thought if you can't beat them join them. Same situation with how I got my mienshao.

So that's the team I'm trying to get through with on wifi. Why they no enter? Is there something I'm not seeing?

Are all of the Pokemon your's? Because some of them may have hacked EV's which my be your problem (if someone traded you a hacked Pokemon and you weren't aware, per say). I'm not familiar with what Pokemon are banned with random matchup, but if you say that they are all okay then that probably isn't your problem. I'd suggest hack checking them in the Trade Corner.

Also, just to help your team out so you can do better, I highly suggest going to the Competitive Battle Center, check out their guides (in the in-game team help subforum where it says 'A Whole New World'), and go from there to help build your team to be the best it can be. While you are at it, you should also sign up here.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

PALADIN/Lucario
Lv 100
HP 268
Atk 264
Def 158
SpAtk 361
SpDef 147
Spd 215

Steadfast
Fist Plate

Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Psychic
Protect

Sinnoh

Lv 100
HP 309
Atk 288
Def 184
SpAtk 250
SpDef 199
Spd 252

Flash Fire
Sitrus Berry

Fire Blast
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
Iron Head

Kanto

LUXRAY/Luxray (shiny)
Lv 100
HP 308
Atk 372
Def 196
SpAtk 216
SpDef 201
Spd 207

Rivalry
Zap Plate

Spark
Iron Tail
Crunch
Facade

Sinnoh

SWAMPERT/Swampert
Lv 100
HP 404
Atk 319
Def 309
SpAtk 269
SpDef 279
Spd 197

Torrent
Splash Plate

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Muddy Water

Hoenn

Kojondo/Mienshao (shiny)
Lv 100
Hp 271
Atk 349
Def 156
SpAtk 196
SpDef 156
Spd 339

Regenerator
Life orb

Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Stone Edge
Fake Out

Route 3
Egg apparently hatched.

Renda/Togekiss
Lv 100
Hp 321
Atk 120
Def 226
SpAtk 339
SpDef 266
Spd 273

Serene Grace
Sharp Beak

Flame thrower
Shadow ball
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Hoenn

Iron Head, Iron Tail, Stealth Rock, and Avalanche are incompatible with Random WiFi Battle because they are moves exclusive to Generation IV; they can be used with Pal Pad battles only, but not Random WiFi.

A second problem might be that some of your Pokemon have invalid PIDs (but this is only the case if they were hacked incorrectly).

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2019
Is it possible to trade for pokemon from games previous to white and black before I have the National Pokedex? I know I've done it before in Diamond, or at least I think I did.

Basically, I want to get a female Piplup into my game so I can have the foundation for my team of all Steel types.

To kill two birds with one stone here, if anyone does have a female Piplup they would be willing to part with, please pm me. I don't have much to trade, but I will trade away my starter (Servine) or whatever you would want. I appreciate it, thanks!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is it possible to trade for pokemon from games previous to white and black before I have the National Pokedex? I know I've done it before in Diamond, or at least I think I did.

Basically, I want to get a female Piplup into my game so I can have the foundation for my team of all Steel types.

To kill two birds with one stone here, if anyone does have a female Piplup they would be willing to part with, please pm me. I don't have much to trade, but I will trade away my starter (Servine) or whatever you would want. I appreciate it, thanks!

You can't transfer until you have the National Dex. :/ It's the same in Diamond actually, as I'm currently going through my Pearl trying to get the national dex to transfer from other games. xD;

All you can do is trade on the GTS, but you have to have seen a Piplup first, or try the Quick Trade thread in the Trade Corner for one.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
You should be able to. Just like how Dream World Pokemon work, it shouldn't appear numbered (or have any data except the picture) until you get the NatDex.

You can't transfer until you have the National Dex. :/ It's the same in Diamond actually, as I'm currently going through my Pearl trying to get the national dex to transfer from other games. xD;

All you can do is trade on the GTS, but you have to have seen a Piplup first, or try the Quick Trade thread in the Trade Corner for one.

You've got it wrong. The idea is that you're supposed to transfer it to another Diamond / Pearl game with the NatDex already and then trade it into the Diamond game you're playing. Or, if you can capture it in-game after the NatDex, you can actually just skip to the trade (e.g. with Rotom, who you can only get post NatDex in DP).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You should be able to. Just like how Dream World Pokemon work, it shouldn't appear numbered (or have any data except the picture) until you get the NatDex.

You've got it wrong. The idea is that you're supposed to transfer it to another Diamond / Pearl game with the NatDex already and then trade it into the Diamond game you're playing. Or, if you can capture it in-game after the NatDex, you can actually just skip to the trade (e.g. with Rotom, who you can only get post NatDex in DP).

I misread "trade for pokemon from games previous" as "trade pokemon from games previous" I guess. My bad.

Years
A weird Bug during Training

So I am EV training a Combusken for Speed and Power and it went to Level 28 but the weirdest thing happened with it's stat growth. It went like this:

Max. HP +3
Attack +2
Defense +1
Special Attack +7
Special Defense +?2
Speed +2

Is there something wrong with my game or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back