• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
I've been doing this all day, and I've decided to save myself some time and just record my encounters, rather than record the pokemon I find, to get the job done faster.
doing this, 2587 encounters in (exc. the encounters in kanto) I encountered a shiny murkrow in the lost cave outside of five island! woo! :D
198.gif

PROOF:
Spoiler:

naughty nature... not brilliant for competitive battling, but ah well.
*Throws DS out of the house*

Nice one :D

How do you take pictures like that?
He's using a ROM probably.....

Alright, I'm participating on the new event. (Is there any emblem for that as well?)

Gen IV
gew.png

Route 23
91249882.png

Edit: Oops... Route 23 ain't in HGSS.... =___= I'll do this again (I'll post pic as soon as I feel like using random generator)

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Wow, it's been busy here. Congrats to all the new shiny Pokémon and contest winners, and welcome all new members!

I didn't get past route 1 before the previous contest ended, lol. I will enter the new contest. I got gen 5 route 17, which means that if I get a shiny it will be Frillish. Of course I get stuck with a route that has nothing but water when I don't like surfing, lol. Can I alternate between surfing and fishing, or do I have to choose one? If I can only do one, then I'll just surf.

random.png
random1.png

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
I was really bored... so I "improved" some of the terrible shinies to look "better" (IMO) - Some might like it more, some might not.

Spoiler:

Of course it's just opinion (Who knows, some might find shiny garchomp attractive), but I just wanted to change it the way I wanted to :P

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Wow, the other contest is over already? o.o guess I'll be joining the new one, lol.
Screenshot2011-07-11at70348PM.png
Screenshot2011-07-11at70955PM.png

So, based on my results, I'll be hunting at Route 37 on Heart Gold. The shinies I can possibly get are:

Spr_4h_234_s.png
Spr_4h_058_s.png
Spr_4h_016_s.png
Spr_4h_017_s.png
Spr_4h_163_s.png
Spr_4h_167_s.png

They're all yellow or green except for Spinarak xD but I really like these~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So, I found an old notebook of mine and I saw that I recorded Beldum SRs from Pokemon Ruby on it. I had a total of 711 SRs for it. I was like.."What the hell, might as well do it."

So, I picked up my Ruby..and of course it didn't work. So I downloaded a ROM and after just 874 soft resets..a shiny Beldum has appeared!

Hm..I hope you can Pal Park Pokemon on emulators..O_O

3BWVD.png

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2012
I'd quite like to join this club. I don't have any shiny Pokémon currently, but I have caught a few before. Since then, most of my games have been victims to fatal accidents or accidental deletions. The last shiny Pokémon I caught was a Shelmet.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
My new route is...

verp.png

....Oh God... As far as I know this route has some of the worst-colored shinies >.> (Yes, I'm talking to you, Tauros & Miltank :tired:)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
But I had 23... There's no grass... (and I had Gen IV - Yes, I used to have FireRed but I lost it couple weeks ago) does that mean I can't participate in the event? :()

Oh I didn't know that. O:

Then you're fine.

-----

So, I just went though hours of trying to get VBA to connect to Desmume so I can use Pal Park between emulators, I eventually did get it to work with a Diamond game. So, I put that on my R4, traded it to Platinum, and then transferred it to White. afihasifjajis! Can't believe it! <3

These are from VBA when I first found it.
This is from Desmume when I used Palpark.
Trading it to Platinum.
Transfering it to White.
White Profile (1)
White Profile (2)
Box
In battle (way over its head I may add)

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Last edited:
Years
Oh my god, I am thrilled to say I want to enter, and I just did the random thing, and I got Unova and the EXACT same route I'm ALREADY doing a hunt on! YES!

unovaxd.jpg

yesk.jpg

I'm RE'ing on my new DSi on Soul Silver for a Grimer, I'll alternate hunts, good luck to everyone!

Right now I am inside Pinwheel Forest. I have a total of 1100 encounters. No shinies.

If I do get a shiny there I'd prefer..

541.gif

It looks like an Emonga with a leaf blanket.

Took me like 9500+ to get that thing. :disappoin

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
So, I found an old notebook of mine and I saw that I recorded Beldum SRs from Pokemon Ruby on it. I had a total of 711 SRs for it. I was like.."What the hell, might as well do it."

So, I picked up my Ruby..and of course it didn't work. So I downloaded a ROM and after just 874 soft resets..a shiny Beldum has appeared!

Hm..I hope you can Pal Park Pokemon on emulators..O_O

3BWVD.png

you can get the .pkm file out of the .sav, and then put the .pkm file on something like pokécheck. btw gratz!

o___0 Wow, this is getting insane. I now hatched 1355 eggs (Really close to the odds) And haven't gotten anything. Not even a 6x 0 IVd Modest Taillow. I really hope I get it soon cos I'm loosing my patience, cos I also have a 2 month drought... GL to all! I hope you get awesome shinies ^^

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
ROM shinys have never counted in here.It just ruins it you can speed up the roms and everything to speed up encounters and resets. don't make emulator ones count please :)

Kanto
Route 13

Going to join the new contest. Will be fun to do :) random encountering is fun.

ust looked at my route. Its horrible haha. Not even got any shines I really want. I think I will RE in water rather than grass.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Too bad emulator shinies don't count... or am I missing something?

Also you know how much I love random target hunts.
ROM shinys have never counted in here.It just ruins it you can speed up the roms and everything to speed up encounters and resets. don't make emulator ones count please :)

Uh, why would emulator shinies not count? They're still 1/8192, if speeding it up is a reason to disqualify them then so should using more than one system at a time to hunt, or the Masuda Method, or using the double encounter grass.

Also, where is "here"? In this club, I've always allowed it. In the past club there are no rules disallowing it.

I don't make rules that would contradict one another. On top of that, finding a shiny is completely luck based. It is not dependent on how many encounters or soft resets you do, therefore how fast you do those encounters and soft resets is completely irrelevant.

If you find a reason, just one, that does not contradict with something that is perfectly allowable, I will add it to the rules.

And my Beldum wasn't for a contest, it was just because I wanted to hunt for it, and I did so at completely normal speed (although I can't prove that, but playing with toggle gives me a headache.)

Last edited:
Years
what the hell..? if they're still shinies and they're still legitimate then that should be all that matters. besides even if you do speed it up, the encounter rate remains the same, so there's no reason for it to be banned. >.>

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
Oh I didn't know that. O:

Then you're fine.

-----

So, I just went though hours of trying to get VBA to connect to Desmume so I can use Pal Park between emulators, I eventually did get it to work with a Diamond game. So, I put that on my R4, traded it to Platinum, and then transferred it to White. afihasifjajis! Can't believe it! <3

These are from VBA when I first found it.
This is from Desmume when I used Palpark.
Trading it to Platinum.
Transfering it to White.
White Profile (1)
White Profile (2)
Box
In battle (way over its head I may add)

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
Lucky you didn't find that beldum in safari zone... It has a catch rate of 3. (0.4 percent chance of catching it with regular pokeball and full health with no status, which means if you find shiny beldum in safari zone then it's pretty much a shiny gone down the drain)

Also I hit 2000 encounters for the new event. I'm really hoping not to get Tauros or Miltank. -____-

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I think I am going to soft reset for a Shiny Torchic. I saw Mirage Island yesterday, but I didn't stay at it after I found it and it went away. :(
Lucky you didn't find that beldum in safari zone... It has a catch rate of 3. (0.4 percent chance of catching it with regular pokeball and full health with no status, which means if you find shiny beldum in safari zone then it's pretty much a shiny gone down the drain)

Also I hit 2000 encounters for the new event. I'm really hoping not to get Tauros or Miltank. -____-

Yeah lol. I've seen a few videos of them on Youtube, sucks for them!

Last edited:
Back