• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HGSS Battle Tower/Arcade rmt.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
After a year or two of not playing at all, I picked HG up again and tried my hand at the Frontier. Most of my Pokemon are still in Diamond, so I just threw a team together from the IV-bred and EV-trained ones I had transferred to HG. Then I found out this team worked surprisingly well. :D

Unfortunately I have forgotten the exact IVs and EV spreads... But, feel free to suggest some spreads, 'cause they can still be re-trained. :)
(IVs can't be changed, but i recall them being high in the right stats. ;) )
(Brackets on items because this will also be used at the Arcade)

THA TEEM:

Spr_4h_212_m.png
380_latias_1_f.png
Spr_4d_373.png

Leading off with...

Spr_b_4d_212_m.png

Scizor@(Leftovers)
Adamant|Technician
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Aerial Ace
-U-Turn

If the opposing lead is something non-threatening, I just Swords Dance up and usually sweep the rest of the team with Bullet Punch. If it's something somewhat threatening (or a special attacker Latias laughs at) I take a hit and U-Turn away. If I expect a strong Fire-type hit, I switch to either Latias or Salamence (duh). Latias if it's a special hit and Salamence if the hit is physical. And considering we're talking about the Battle Frontier, Aerial Ace should be self-explanatory. :P
it smashes Double Teamers to bits and It also gets a nice boost from Technician.

Next off...

Spr_b_4d_380.png

Latias@(Leftovers)
Levitate|Modest
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Recover

Latias comes in on something it has no trouble taking hits from and Calm Minds one or two times. Then it's sweeping time with near-perfect neutral coverage from Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt. Recover can be used after setting up, if the opponent gets a lucky crit or something.

And last off...

Spr_b_4d_373.png

Salamence@(Life Orb)
Rash|Intimidate
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Outrage

Mixmence. This feels like a filler. :D
If I feel like both Scizor and Latias would have trouble setting up, or I'm not sure with which one I should set up, I try to get this thing in and try to deal massive damage without setting up. I usually start with Draco Meteor and then Outrage away, depending on the defences and typing of the opponent of course. (Steels get a special treatment from either Fire Blast or Earthquake, and if the defences of the opponent differ greatly from each other, I pick a physical or special move accordingly.)

Yeah, that's it. Feel free to suggest anything and also ask for any sort of extra info. =)

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Very Good Team. You can replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower because Fire Blast dont Have good accuracy

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
Very Good Team. You can replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower because Fire Blast dont Have good accuracy

True, accuracy is everything in the BF... The amount of hax is just...too much. But, going mixed means it needs high-powered moves to make up for balancing between two attacking stats. And I'm sure I would miss some OHKOs or 2HKOs, but I have no idea which ones... :D
But, still a good idea, might consider it if Fire Blast decides to troll me someday.

Back