• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man of Steel (2013)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yep, Lex Luthor appeared around the first few issues of the Superman comic books, where General Zod came around issue # 200.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
Hey guys...check this out...FAKE...yet awesome!!

6090484647_ae28f88f77.jpg

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea, It's pretty well done tho :P

I like how his eyes are also red like if he's just about to use his heat vision :)

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
hey lils maybe you can help me out with this question.....im sure you've seen the intro video for the Dc universe online game? and also earth one superman from the comics......I know his eyes glow red when he is about to use heat vision but in those comics and in that video his eyes seem to be constantly glowing red....why is that?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That's because he's totally pissed off by what's happened. If you saw the little clues in the cinematic, the fight took place in Metropolis where no one has survived, meaning Lois Lane died also. And during the cinematic Diana (Wonder Woman) died also. So that being said, Metropolis gone, Lois Lane and Diana, dead. Superman has lost everything and is in a furious state of rage where he goes to extreme length to even kill the villains such as Black Adam and saying to Lex Luthor that he doesn't deserve to live.

So his eyes goes red when he's extremely pissed.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
Wow ok thanks!...I never looked at it that way!...you're the only person whose ever been able to answer that question thanks man!

I noticed he wasn't acting like himself...I didn't realize that he could just lose it.....wicked!!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yep, Superman is a rather calm and very nice person. But when he's mad, he turns into this completely different kind of monster D:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I don't really read any Superman, he's never really hooked me. I totally respect him as a character, though.

As for the movie, I wasn't at all that interested, until I saw the new trailer. I honestly think it looks 100% fantastic!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't really read any Superman, he's never really hooked me. I totally respect him as a character, though.

As for the movie, I wasn't at all that interested, until I saw the new trailer. I honestly think it looks 100% fantastic!

Yay! I honestly hope this movie will bring new Superman fans just like how the first featured film with Christopher Reeves did :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Superman's my favorite superhero, as much as I love the Dark Knight trilogy, this will definitely force me to go to the midnight showing! I cannot wait! Kevin Costner, big fan of his, but not as much as I am toward Johnathan Schneider (Since he played Mr Kent in Smallville).

Going to be a little strange after watching Smallville after all these years with different faces, but I am ready for something new! Hope its as great as the Batman ones, for sure. Because the older Superman & Superman Return never really appealed to me at all.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'm cautiously optimistic about this film, though Jonathan Kent's line about how Clark should have let the children die rankles me, just no. Honestly, I think Superman is one of the most human and relatable of all superheroes, despite his powers he is, at heart, just a man trying to help people, and I think most people who consider him to be boring are those who are more familiar with the "Super Friends" version of Superman rather than the character as he has been since the 80s.

Honest

Hi!
Years
In all honesty, I've never seen a Superman movie. So yes, I am pumped for this movie, maybe it'll be the catalyst for me to watch it. I always like superhero movies =D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm cautiously optimistic about this film, though Jonathan Kent's line about how Clark should have let the children die rankles me, just no. Honestly, I think Superman is one of the most human and relatable of all superheroes, despite his powers he is, at heart, just a man trying to help people, and I think most people who consider him to be boring are those who are more familiar with the "Super Friends" version of Superman rather than the character as he has been since the 80s.

You sir, deserve props for this. I agree with the Costner's version of Kent here. That line caught my ears at first as well, which is why I'm a little worried that Costner's might mess this up as the role of being Clark's adoptive father. I don't think he'll match up to par with Johnathan Schneider's Kent though.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
To be honest I loved the way Schneider played Pa Kent on smallville, but when I heard Costner suggest that MAYBE CLark should have let that boy die.....I was hooked....let me explain why..

Since his inception, superman was pushed as having a superhuman body, but a human heart.....basically he is a common man with uncommon physical abilities....

The thing is, MOST comics and movies got it wrong by pushing superman as someone who was just as indestructible emotionally as he was physically and THAT was why he became boring to so many people.....Every hero needs something in their lives that challenges them and gives them a run for their money....in MOST cases, it's some supervillain that keeps a hero honest...but when you have an overpowered hero, you are going to have to play up his emotional side as his weakness......We humans can be loving and helpful creatures, but we can also be resentful, spiteful and angry creatures who act on impulse and regret it later on.....

Superman wasn't raised by JEsus, he was raised by a pair of humans...meaning he is farrr from perfect...yet time after time we see him making the right choice and always being in control....SCREW THAT ****!!...What stops him from getting angry and on impulse shoving a guy through a concrete wall?...what stops him from resenting the world that rejects him and destroying the military vehicles that are shooting at him?....

He will ,of course, learn to cope with these emotions and make the right choice in the end...just LIKE US...and thus superman will have a huge following of fans WHO CAN FINALLY relate to him....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm not really into superhero films, but I will check this out because Christopher Nolan is a part of it, and he did a fantastic job with the Batman trilogy. Besides that, the trailer actually sparked my interest. I think this is going to be a good one.

Years
So evidently from what I've been reading on IMDB, the Man of Steel will evidently play into the Justice League movie in 2015 - Henry Cavill's Superman will be the Superman in that movie. So this movie is essentially DC's set up film to launch the armada of DC hero movies in the next five years or so.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
First The Avengers and all of its necessary prequels, and now a Justice League movie... maybe this will be the pinnacle, the climax, the end of superhero movies? I think nearly all of the bases have been/will soon be covered.

Last edited:
Back