• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Do rappers/pop artists qualify? hehe

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to all the new members! Sorry I havent said anything but I was away from the internet for a while!

I must admit I am very interested to see a collab be put together by you club members! I think it would be really cool, even just an audio clip without a video if a video is to hard!

If it's musical its acceptable! (Pretty much..) So yes rappers/pop artists qualify indeed!

What programs are you guys planning on using to record with?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I was thinking that, once all of us record the video, someone who's good with video editing could put them all together and in sync. I haven't really thought that through since the individual videos aren't done yet xD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Here is a video that my best friend (Syd Coopz) and I did for her song "PHRESH". I'm on the hook but my voice is altered. I didn't wanna be featured and I chose to have my voice altered. My music is really different than this, but I do like myself in the video. I'm the hater guy! Haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnY3nj7aWRw

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
Years
Username: Chaval
Instrument(s) played: Guitar
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Sure! no problemo man!

Have you ever made an original song? If so have you recorded it and can we listen to it PLEASEEEEEEE. If not do you plan/want to?

I really want to but I don't have anyone to help me, even online!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Username:♣Gawain♣
Instrument(s) played: (If a producer say what kind of, if singer say singer.)Drums. Practicing double peds and e-bass.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: I'll do my best.

I usually play for ordinary rock and emo, but then switched to power metal.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Wellllllccccccccccoooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee Neeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Another guitarist and drummer. AWESOME! Have you guys been playing long?

So theres a few people who have done original work! Thats so cool. Personally I've (kinda) written the guitar and bass to a song or two, Im not a drummer so didnt even bother with that stuff. I've also come up with a few riffs but I don't really know how to arrange them so they just chill bang out waiting for me to use if I get the feeling.

BUT THE SEASON IS MERRY! So I was thinking the club could do a collab on a christmas carrol or a christmas song, something like that? Anyone up for that?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Wellllllccccccccccoooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee Neeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Another guitarist and drummer. AWESOME! Have you guys been playing long?

I've been playing for like 5 years in a row and stopped for a while. But my skills are still awesome :P But I still not that good in double pedals. I can't afford it right now and I'm just practicing that using my uncle's.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey guys, I would like to welcome the new members as well. I haven't posted here in a while, but I had some exams which I had to take care off.

Anyway, as far as the PC band project goes, all we have to do is agree on a song. I'm a rock/metal guitarist, and I probably could play something that doesn't fit into those 2 genres, but it'd take a while until I learn it. However, I think the best solution is to make a list of extremely popular/well known songs, and we could agree on one of them. Here's a list I had in mind:

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water
Joan Jett - I Love Rock & Roll
Queen - We Will Rock You
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
AC/DC - Back in Black
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - T.N.T.
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Guns n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
Guns n Roses - Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Metallica - Fade to Black
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Europe - The Final Countdown

I think if we agree to one song out of this list, and record it, it'd be awesome!

And last, but not least, I made a cover, and I'd really like to get some critiques on my playing. If anyone wants, you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4xtFowQ9MY

It's Stargazer by Rainbow. Unfortunately, the backing track I used doesn't have any vocals.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I'm back... after a very, very, very long absence.. >.< I've just been very busy moving & whatnot.... anyway I'm now studying for Grade 6 Clarinet.. and I got an A in my grade 4 earlier this year.
Oh and I have now been playing Alto Saxophone for nearly a year :)

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
*gasp* I forgot I was a member here!! Sorry I haven't posted in so long.

About those strained vocal chords- in order to avoid that, I sing only every other day, and I take 3 spoonfuls of honey before practicing. Before a performance, I take a Mucinex. No lie, it works wonders, you should try it.

PS: WetPaint, I noticed my name isn't on the member list, which could be due to my inactivity but I don't think my name ever made it to the list to begin with. I'm not mad or anything, just addressing it to find out whether or not I'm still an official member

Crux

Evermore
Years
Okay!
Thank you Outfox and Synerjee,I feel/sound much better now! :D

So,I just got a Bass Guitar and was wondering,do any of you more experienced bassists have any good advice for somebody who's just starting out?
I know the basics and can play a couple rifts and a song (Avenged Sevenfold - Buried Alive) without qualm.

Years
Got an actual keyboard for Christmas, so starting to learn to play the piano! Thank god our conductor at school made it a point to teach us how a piano is set up, so I'm not completely lost. Now playing more than one note at a time, now there's the issue.

Back