• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It would be kind of interesting if the legends were outside of the villain's goal. They could have their own plot where they start to awaken due to the villains actions much like the muskeeters in Gen 5. They test us sort of like Suicune, only we battle it multiple times along the way, and it flees after only to show up somewhere else. The last battle can be before we face the villain too, only we can decide to skip their capture like with Rayquaza in E and the muskeeters.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The idea of giving the main legendary a less major role is asking for a barebones plot from the first two generations.
As it stands, I actually feel like the first two gens have the most original storytelling. Gen III started something new in involving the legendary mascots with the team's larger plot, which was fine, until every generation afterward started following the same step. I wouldn't mind if they did something similar to HG/SS where the mascots had some sort of role, but nothing extremely major.

In a world of Pokémon games, there are countless of other plot ideas that GameFreak could pull out from under the rug without having to focus too much on the mascots themselves and tying it in to whatever the evil team is doing.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I dunno, personally I feel if they're going for genetics, give us the main legendaries being creations of the evil team. I know it sounds crazy, but unlike Mewtwo and Genesect, these are completely original Lab Pokemon, no previous Pokemon DNA to make them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I wouldn't mind it if we had something like HGSS in terms of legendaries having things to do with the plot. I really don't want the villainous team to want to create a new world with the legendary Pokémon. What happen to just wanting to get lots of money like Team Rocket and taking over major corporations?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I wrote about a tl;dr on how I wish the new villainous team would be like Team Rocket, but, you know -- I feel as though legendaries that are powerful and rare, but not almighty and one-of-a-kind, should certainly not in charge of vital functions of the universe. They can just be really strong, rare and revered creature that according to local lore appears from time to time.

So yeah, I hope X&Y will return for this regard as they did with the Gen I and Gen II games, but don't get me wrong -- the gens after that had amazing plots, but, I'm just hoping that they'd take an easy with the whole "obsessed with the legendary's power" approach.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's true, the whole "We need this legend to rule the world!" story is getting rather old. Team Rocket's story was honestly the most original to me, straying away from needing the legendaries to fuel the story and their quest. Nowadays it just feels like a crutch the the story leans on.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, I would like a change from that. =(

By the way, how exactly would you guys play to complete the games? Like, would you generally take your time, or.. rush through it as quickly as possible, or... just go on your own pace?

I tend to take my sweet time when it comes to new games in general, so, X&Y would not be so different! Of course, then again, I do wonder how much game time is plugged in the main story of X&Y. If its much, then, maybe I'd start going on a faster pace.

I'm only asking because I see that it might be tough to try and get used to this whole new gameplay feel, so... I just wonder how this might effect a person's desire to take on a new challenge (if that makes sense / if I worded it correctly).

Years
For some reason, the first trailer just gave me the vibe that Xerneas seemed like some of protector, while Yveltal=Yvel=Evil. I really think it's probably going to be something like, Yveltal is a destructive pokemon and Xerneas is some kind of savior pokemon. They'll end up constantly feuding (Maybe Yveltal is attacking whatever Xerneas is trying to defend, if that's the case), and the feud will somehow affect whatever plans the villain team have.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
As it stands, I actually feel like the first two gens have the most original storytelling. Gen III started something new in involving the legendary mascots with the team's larger plot, which was fine, until every generation afterward started following the same step. I wouldn't mind if they did something similar to HG/SS where the mascots had some sort of role, but nothing extremely major.

In a world of Pokémon games, there are countless of other plot ideas that GameFreak could pull out from under the rug without having to focus too much on the mascots themselves and tying it in to whatever the evil team is doing.

But wasn't the original plot of Pokemon about the main character defeating the main villain to save the world, according to one of their interviews? It seems as though the later gens are going for the plot GF originally intended. Besides, there's a lot of fans who want Pokemon's storyline to have a plot in the ranks of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lugia and Ho-oh didn't play any major part in the games. They had more of a role in the remakes with the Kimono girls addition, but it still wasn't a major role. Suicune played a better role than Ho-oh and Lugia.

Buuut they didn't have a specific DNA pattern on the logo matched by the legendaries designs! (aka Y/X)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Isn't that missing the point though? Some of us want to stray away from the legendaries being the focus of the entire game, instead of being the focus. If the designs of the logos for the games are based on the legendaries that almost the opposite of what people are hoping for =P

Years
Isn't that missing the point though? Some of us want to stray away from the legendaries being the focus of the entire game, instead of being the focus. If the designs of the logos for the games are based on the legendaries that almost the opposite of what people are hoping for =P

If you look at the HeartGold and SoulSilver logos, you'll notice there's an icon that's a gold heart resembling Ho-Oh (HeartGold) and a soul shaped like Lugia (SoulSilver). Black 2 and White 2's logos have blue on black and red/orange on white respectively, referring to Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Black and White's logos even match their respective mascot Legendary, with Black's logo being white with black text and vice versa for White. In fact, Reshiram and Zekrom are the opposite color of their version, as part of the yin-yang theme seen with the games.

Pokemon X's logo resembles Xerneas, while Pokemon Y's logo resembles Yveltal. They have had the pattern of game logos referencing their mascot Legendary since HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I understand what the symbols are, but it seems like it's kind of foreshadowing for another game centered around the legendaries, which I personally would like to shy away from

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Buuut they didn't have a specific DNA pattern on the logo matched by the legendaries designs! (aka Y/X)

As far as we know right now, neither Xerneas nor Yveltal have anything to do with Genetics either outside of pure speculation. That still doesn't change the fact that Ho-oh and Lugia were the box art Pokemon and played absolutely no specified role in the major plot. Gen 2/Remake's plot ends before the 7th Badge when you beat Team Rocket and the legends are available afterwards, but the legends themselves weren't part of the main focus.

Yveltal and Xerneas can take the Musketdeer role in B2W2 and woke up due to trouble. Attempts to stop trouble as a minor instance and is a reoccuring boss battle similar to spotting Suicune in Crystal. While still involved in the story, it doesn't play a major role and you are given the choice to deviate from the main story to catch it or contimue on and catch it later.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
As far as we know right now, neither Xerneas nor Yveltal have anything to do with Genetics either outside of pure speculation. That still doesn't change the fact that Ho-oh and Lugia were the box art Pokemon and played absolutely no specified role in the major plot. Gen 2/Remake's plot ends before the 7th Badge when you beat Team Rocket and the legends are available afterwards, but the legends themselves weren't part of the main focus.

Yveltal and Xerneas can take the Musketdeer role in B2W2 and woke up due to trouble. Attempts to stop trouble as a minor instance and is a reoccuring boss battle similar to spotting Suicune in Crystal. While still involved in the story, it doesn't play a major role and you are given the choice to deviate from the main story to catch it or contimue on and catch it later.

Actually I think Xerneas and Yveltal are opposites in the meaning that Yveltal is the result of genetic manipulation or corruption, while Xerneas represents the purity of standard genes.

The crystals in Xerneas' horns are colored after the DNA nitrobases, though.

Years
I couldn't really care less one way or the other. Join avenue was a cool concept but I haven't even used it simply because I don't connect with many other people on my games. If it didn't require other people I'd love it I guess.

Tbh, I'd rather have the secret base feature back like in the Hoenn games, but to a greater extent.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Secret bases needs to come back only in the case of Gamefreak tying it to streetpass/spotpass.

Anyway, I was thinking about the trading discussion, and the migration thread brought an idea to my head. Cheap XY trading through multiple games on a handheld. How? If they give us Digital Download copies of X/Y, then I kinda hope they allow for trading between a download and retail copy, for us anti-social people. Sure random online could alleviate dex completion, but it would be nice to trade with yourself in one fell swoop to get them all. Would also be a nice thing to allow for some funky X/Y feature swapping, like the keys.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That would be nice. I'm sick of seeing the same shadow blob thingy instead of an actual sprite. Now that the game is 3D I think it'd be way easier to do it. Only problem is a lot of the smaller Pokémon that learn it, it might look awkward with the size of your character on it =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back