• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Time to go for a Safari!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The old Safari Zone that's stuck with us since the first game still lives on in Gen IV. In D/P/Pt and HG/SS, did you like how the Safari Zone worked? Did you prefer,Pokemon being able to running away to give you a real challenge or was it plain frustrating?Did you like the 500 step feature?

Did you dislike the fact that you couldn't use your Pokemon to fight the Safari Pokemon or did it not bother you? Most importantly, do you love or hate the good ol Safari game?

What did you think of the Safari Zone? In my opinion, it was a great addition although I disliked the 500 step feature. I wish we could explore endlessly until we ran out of Safari Balls or gave up...

The Safari Zone was one of the best places to catch unique and powerful Pokemon from all regions and is one of my favourite spots ever :3.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I quite enjoyed both safari zones. You could catch some pretty unique pokemon there such as Skorupi and Croagunk in DPPt, and Metang, Larvitar, Vibrava, Draognair, Arbok, Muk, Breloom, Electabuzz, Misdreavus, Bronzong, Lombre, Lapras, Gible, Manetric, Lairon, Rhydon, Zangoose and Masquerain and many more! The variety of great pokemon available is a great interest-keeper, and it a great way of filling up some of one's national dex easily, without having to trade. I loved the fact that in HGSS, you could customise aspects of your safari zone, and decorate it with benches, lights bushes, logs, twigs etc, which impacted on the types of Pokemon one could encounter. It really made things a little more interesting when one has to not only think about what looks great, but what sorts of pokemon might appear due to their arrangements, when decorating.

The only thing that really irritated me, was the sticky mud in DPPt - that stuff was so annoying to get out of, and since it covered nearly every bit of terrain in the facility it annoyed the crap out of me at certain times. In HGSS, I didn't understand how you still had to pay, even after becoming the owner of the Safari Zone - PokeLogic there for you eh.

All in all I really enjoyed the features, and would love to see them re-appear sometime in the future in future games!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked both Safari Zones, but I liked the Johto one more because there's no limit in the steps I can take there.

Back