• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Hey,
I love your hack, its quite fun, but after getting to the 6th or 7th gym, it has started to get a little boring, would be better if it had some side quests to get extra items which aren't required for the main quest, also, i noticed that this hack doesnt have any large cities with a bunch of buildings like a giant store (the one that you can buy tons of stuff from with multiple floors), it also doesnt have all of charizards and some other pokemons original moves, its kinda fun actually like that, but i think a couple of them could have been kept. I also noticed this pokemon hack is kinda hard to train your pokemon since alot of the pokemon in the grass give barely any exp. i was only able to train my weaker pokemon in that one lava cave, it actually had pokemon that gave a bit more xp than others. But otherwise this is an awesome hack!
Would recommend to add some more extra things like i mentioned above if you got the time, unless of course its too much work or would mess with the script.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I just have a complain, any of the three legendary beast(commonly known as dogs but the correct is beast) that they're power is uncontrollable, that's why they shouldn't stop running, meaning that you can't find them in a specific place, if in a route, much better, that's why in original game like leaf green and fire red, they will jump to you when when stepping on tall grass and much better if keeping going in and out of a route, and in heart gold or soul silver,this three beast are just orinary pokemons, but one day, this pokemons died because they are trapped inside a tower, they were revived by Ho-oh, after putting off the fire on the burning pokemon building, and now called as the Burned tower. My classmate is a die hard fan of pokemon, one proof is he recognize all the 700+ pokemons, after I show Pokemon light platinum, he was amazed on the design of the places, but very disapointed on the map, maybe next time try to avoid clutters, but all I can say is, I'm amazed. I wish the game hacker can see this to improve his self ...

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
HELP NEEDED

For some reason, the rom is glitching with regards to repeating events. For example, when I reach the Lauren League Champion, its Kaori from Zhery, and if I beat him I'm inducted into the Zhery Hall of Fame AGAIN...and this also means that Ash isn't by the Arceus statue to give me the world pass, so I can't advance any further in the game. There's also the in game events of the Alakazam and the Enigma Berry, the gym leader being at the mines, and the Team Steam blocking the path where I have to use dig...so what's going on? Any way around it?

ALSO

Some people like Lance and Prof. Ellie are in spots that they would have normally been in for in-game events, but you can't interact with them. They don't move and if you click A when facing them, they don't respond.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just have a complain, any of the three legendary beast(commonly known as dogs but the correct is beast) that they're power is uncontrollable, that's why they shouldn't stop running, meaning that you can't find them in a specific place, if in a route, much better, that's why in original game like leaf green and fire red, they will jump to you when when stepping on tall grass and much better if keeping going in and out of a route, and in heart gold or soul silver,this three beast are just orinary pokemons, but one day, this pokemons died because they are trapped inside a tower, they were revived by Ho-oh, after putting off the fire on the burning pokemon building, and now called as the Burned tower. My classmate is a die hard fan of pokemon, one proof is he recognize all the 700+ pokemons, after I show Pokemon light platinum, he was amazed on the design of the places, but very disapointed on the map, maybe next time try to avoid clutters, but all I can say is, I'm amazed. I wish the game hacker can see this to improve his self ...
What...?

HELP NEEDED

For some reason, the rom is glitching with regards to repeating events. For example, when I reach the Lauren League Champion, its Kaori from Zhery, and if I beat him I'm inducted into the Zhery Hall of Fame AGAIN...and this also means that Ash isn't by the Arceus statue to give me the world pass, so I can't advance any further in the game. There's also the in game events of the Alakazam and the Enigma Berry, the gym leader being at the mines, and the Team Steam blocking the path where I have to use dig...so what's going on? Any way around it?

ALSO

Some people like Lance and Prof. Ellie are in spots that they would have normally been in for in-game events, but you can't interact with them. They don't move and if you click A when facing them, they don't respond.
Um... yes, events being randomly reset is a very serious bug...
Can you repatch the ROM to see whether it fixes itself?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2022
this was awesome bt lol i completed 90% game with only charizard thats mean a fire n flying pokemon can cmplt full game alone hehe thnx 4 making a gr8 hack :-)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
inb4Ash493blowsagasket:

Spoiler:
Before anyone asks, I will NOT be distributing this version of LP, now called LP+.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Added or replaced...?
I added the new moves to the game, not replaced

And... yea, so cool, you used old animation for attacks... and?
I used old animations for the attacks because I'm still trying to figure out how to create new ones, since people are more focus on adding new moves in Fire Red than games like Ruby and Emerald.

Back