• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: 4 months before you can change your username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
I have one minor question to ask. Why do we have to wait a total of four months before we can change our username?.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Because you have to live with your username, you made the choice to have it, you're going to stay with it until the time is up. It's also because if name changes were lowered for everyone, then the admins would be swamped with name change requests every day and eventually get piled. It's a considerate thing, really.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
To stop people from constantly changing their usernames over and over again just because they get bored of them too quickly.

Beaten.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Being able to change your username anytime would make staff tear their hair out.
Plus some people don't stay active and a username change would be a waste of time.
Basically, If you can survive four months, your being active enough for a name change.

Beaten to the punch.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Think of us as lucky. Some forums you can't change them, some you have to wait a whole year, and others you have to pay. Doesn't four months sound good now?

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
Years
Think of us as lucky. Some forums you can't change them, some you have to wait a whole year, and others you have to pay. Doesn't four months sound good now?

Yes. Yes it does. I'm quite happy with my username.. maybe next year I'll change it.
Lol, I don't care that we have to wait 4 months. It's not that long.

Code

Stealcase
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
No, it's not that long. I'm happy with my username. I fing it somewhat unique. I like unique. XD
It doesn't bother me we have to wait that long. XD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Althouh everyones posted their answers already, higher staff already have many duties already, including changing everyones name. :\ Look at the name change thread, and see how many names they have to change daily.:\ And as I said, they have many other things to do as well, which is why you have to endure (I say this because quite often members change their username, and after 1 day/week/month/whenever members get bored and want a new one) your new username, as they cant always be ready and waiting at the Name change requesting thread. :(

And if 4 months is such an issue, why not become a tier 4 supporter or above? :\ Then you only have to wait 3 months instead of 4. Hope I helped. :D (Yes, I know, my post is a tl;dr post xD)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Because admins don't want to change names all day every day is the short and sweet answer to OP.

Now, to almost everyone in this thread, if you have nothing productive to add (ie, you're repeating everyone else), DON'T POST BECAUSE YOU ARE SPAMMING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back