• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Cry Editor

Years
I've inserted a cry over Qwilfish, after converting it to the proper type of wav file through r8brain, however ingame the cry is still Qwilfish's. The programme gave me no errors, and it seemed to work well. And I was assuming that Pokémon ROM Number means the decimal number you'd use (D3 in hex, 211 in Dec). I tried D3 but it didn't accept it so I went with 211. I suspect that is not what Qwilfish's ROM number actually is. :/

NDogg45

Skrillexmon is best Pokemon
Years
I am trying to edit Spinda's cry to Rainbow Dash's laugh. It said it went through and everything, but it doesn't play when I send her out. I put in 308 for the ROM number.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
when i tried to write to rom, it says error:could not find C\temp.wav
help!

pipdeath

My Name Is Shadow Wolf
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
____________you sir are a genius :)

ive got a bug for ya . when i hit write to rom it say cant find tempfile.gba

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I get the same common error as well. I even used Pokemon ID 1 since it's the first Pokemon, but Bulbasaur still plays its original cry.

Last edited:

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
I'm getting the same problem of the error message "Access to the path C:/temp.wav is denied." Any particular reason why that message keeps popping up every time I attempt to write my WAV to my test-rom? In the same message it's also telling me to make sure my cry is an 8bit, 11khz WAV file, which I'm almost positive it is since I ran it through r8brain.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Cry replacing on Emerald just doesn't work for me :/ Every time I try to replace a cry, it is not played.

Hey, is anybody still around on this thread? I have the same problem as above - when I replace a cry on Emerald, the original is still played in the game with the new one nowhere to be heard. It simply doesn't work. What could I be doing wrong?

tbuggy10

Scarlet Weavile
Years
It says i have to put a decimal number in the Pokemon's ROM number. What does decimal mean? I want to change Mudkip's cry, but I don't know the number... help?

D3StR0Y4mike

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
When I try to change a cry that I know is 8bit 11khz, it says "Error Message: access to C:\temp.wav denied" or something like that. Any ideas on how to fix?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Problem officer, when I tried inserting my Zorua cry over a Poocheyena it works, but I can't save my game and tells me that there is a problem

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Why is it impossible to put new cries on the 25 pokémon after Celebi? That's the only way to insert new Pokémon! Is there another way of doing this?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Why is it impossible to put new cries on the 25 pokémon after Celebi? That's the only way to insert new Pokémon! Is there another way of doing this?

Those 25 pokemon don't have entries in the cry table due to the fact that the ASM that retrieves the cries redirects their cries all to unown. You could theoretically make a table for those 25 cries using ASM, but I'm currently unwilling to do that ATM.

Back