• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
thank you!

and i forgot the gender ooopsssssss it's male...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
4 HOURS PEOPLE.

524.png

31/31/31/x/31/31
Sturdy / Adamant
Headbutt / Sand Attack / Tackle / Harden
Ot: Finn / Id: 51384
Not for you go away

I think you need more practice... ;) Just kidding, very nice abuse!

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

I don't need more practice. ;_________;

Wait, what the hell happened to TC. UNEXPECTED.

Also, do posts count now?

Unexpected to you guys, expected to us. Well, actually I didn't think it was gonna happen.

And yes, posts count now. At least in the main forum. Posts in the sub-forum don't count.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
This sub-forum thingy looks too familiar to serebii forum --------> Do not know if I am going to like it >.<

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I don't have a clue what Serebii looks like and I plan to keep it that way. :P This will work out ^^

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Sub-forum is nice. I still don't get what the main forum is for though. It's so empty.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Difference between us and Serebii is we're not a mess and we're classy.
tumblr_m3mrf0Ah7g1rqmmq4o1_400.gif

tumblr_lec0148NAi1qa8vpro1_400.gif

kitty got claws

Also, I'm finding wild Pokemon RNG or whatever the technical term is, easier than breeding and stationary. And I'm missing my newly bred babies but I can't get enough of my caught honey's.

what am i even saying its 1am

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wondercard is the easiest, followed by stationary capture, and wild capture. Following that is breeding, then roamer abuse, and finally the hell known as Entralink. ;; So yeah, I see what you mean at least about easier than breeding :P

Years
Well, I don't really know what I'm doing here.... But, I RNGed my first pokemon today. I RNGed the WC Darkrai.... Sooo excited! :D I'm on the quest of RNGing bunches of more pokemon....

491.gif

31|1|31|31|31|31

Bad Dreams|Timid

Dark Void|Ominous Wind|Faint Attack|Nightmare

OT: Chazz|Trainer ID: 60211

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, I don't really know what I'm doing here.... But, I RNGed my first pokemon today. I RNGed the WC Darkrai.... Sooo excited! :D I'm on the quest of RNGing bunches of more pokemon....

491.gif

31|1|31|31|31|31

Bad Dreams|Timid

Dark Void|Ominous Wind|Faint Attack|Nightmare

OT: Chazz|Trainer ID: 60211

Nice job, Blitz, I know getting that was rather... painful to say the least ;) But you got it!!

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Is this where all the cool kids hang? Wheeee!

I have also recently gotten my Darkrai. Quint flawless Timid, etc etc.

What projects to you peeps have going on right now?

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I would normally put this in BW QQ, but I think I'll get a better response here.
I would like to change the nicknames of some of my own migrated Gen 3 and 4 Pokémon. If I RNGed my ID/SID combo to match the combo on my Pokémon, would I be able to have the name rater change the name?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Wait, what, no. Your pokemon's nicknames can only be changed by the original trainer, meaning the game where they came from. You're stuck with the names, sorry to say. You can TRY, but I doubt it'll be possible. The pokemon's caught/hatched thing is still there and other stuff as well.

I keep forgetting that our DCC is over here now.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Wait, what, no. Your pokemon's nicknames can only be changed by the original trainer, meaning the game where they came from. You're stuck with the names, sorry to say. You can TRY, but I doubt it'll be possible. The pokemon's caught/hatched thing is still there and other stuff as well.

Well, I'd be essentially "tricking" the game into thinking I am the original trainer. I've always assumed that the game only checks the ID/SID combo since there is only about a 1 in 4 billion chance that they will be the same from game to game. This article on Bulbapedia (which I found while looking up the above statistic :P ) also supports that notion. I know it works in games within a generation, but I want to know if it works on migrated Pokémon as well.

If you do that, it likely won't pass for legality checks.
Why not?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, I'd be essentially "tricking" the game into thinking I am the original trainer. I've always assumed that the game only checks the ID/SID combo since there is only about a 1 in 4 billion chance that they will be the same from game to game. This article on Bulbapedia (which I found while looking up the above statistic :P ) also supports that notion. I know it works in games within a generation, but I want to know if it works on migrated Pokémon as well.

Why not?

It might pass them, it'd be interesting to see what happened. It's like RNGing your IDs to match an events... as far as I know, only the TID needs to match to be able to rename.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
According to the great Bulbapedia, all generations up to gen V, the tid and sid need to match, and in Generation V so does name and Gender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back