• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
The last movie I watched was Mulan, my favorite Disney movie :) I think I had just finished midterms and wanted to relax and watch it since I hadn't in a while. It never fails to cheer me up....or make me tear up >___> I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I can seriously watch this movie 1000 times and it doesn't get old. If I remember correctly, it was one of the very first movies I saw in theatres too.

BE A MANNNNNNNNNNNNN.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Moon. It's very difficult to describe without revealing a bunch of spoilers but I'll try my best anyway. One guy is out working on the moon to extract a new energy source only to discover that there is much more happening on the base than he initially believes. One major theme that this movie tackles is what really makes you human. 8/10.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I watched Strange Wilderness out of the corner of my eye sometime earlier this week. Seen it a dozen times before because my brother has it on DVD so it was nothing new. I still hate most of the characters and I think the plot's really dumb, but the shark laughing scene gets me every time.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I watched the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie yesterday which was released last August I believe. It was pretty good, I liked it. Even if you've never seen the anime or read the manga, I recommend it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2015
I watched Arbitrage with Richard Gere yesterday, good film I really recommend it! A kind of thriller but not an action film. Its more drama like. Check out the trailer :)

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
220px-Himizu_film_poster.jpg

Himizu (2011), by Sion Sono. It's hard to think about what to write for a film like Himizu, where everything seems so alien to me. The theme of madness and mental illness, the excessive violence, the over-dependence, the submission… it's quite a difficult film to digest. Regardless, I loved the performances (old man in the fisherman attire was so MVP). I may need a rewatch, but alas.

Crux

Evermore
Years
National Security

Oh Martin Lawrence, how you make me laugh.
This movie's pretty good, I liked Blue Streak more, but i'd still give this a 7/10.

Years
Last night I watched The Wolfman, the one from 2010 with Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving, etc. Visually it was pretty cool, I love movies who've mastered that dark, gothic style, especially in a 1890's England, but it wasn't that amazing. I'd rather watch it on DVD without interruptions or edits. It was pretty good though, maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I needed a comedy after Evil Dead to calm my nerves.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I don't really watch movies, but the last movie I watched was August Rush (I think that was the title?). I watched it because, well, our school forced us too. I didn't really understand it well, but I think it's about a boy with gifted conducting skills whose parents were separated from him, and they were also separated from each other, I guess. It would have been good if I understood it, since the plot seems interesting. The last movie I watched from home was Tangled, but that's not really the question.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Devil's Rejects.

A very good sick & twisted movie with a lot of disturbing elements such as gore, torture, physical and sexual abuse.

It's one of the very few very well done horror movies of the 2000's and easily the best movie of Rob Zombie alongside the Halloween remake.

10/10

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Picnic, an excellent film by Shunji Iwai about a girl committed to a stereotypical asylum and her partners in escape.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I just watched Princess Mononoke for the first time tonight. It was really beautiful and a joy to watch.

It reminds me I need to try and watch more Studio Ghibli films. The film that introduced me to Studio Ghibli was Spirited Away. (Then after that I watched Kiki's Delivery Service and The Cat Returns....so Princess Mononoke is my fourth studio ghibli film)

I think I'll check out My Neighbour Totoro next.

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Last movie I watched was Ame and Yuki, Wolf Children.

It is a very adorable movie. C: Later today I am going to re-watch Mononoke or Cat Returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back