• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Puzzle(I'm creating a fangame! Finally!)

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Pokemon Puzzle

Title: Pokemon Puzzle

Intro: Some of you may know me, I have been mapping on Pokemon Fangames and Hacks for a long time, and all that time, in the back of my head, I was thinking: "Why can't I make a fangame on my own? Why can't I?" The reason was, I simply wasn't prepared. I didn't know anything about scripting, and I couldn't think up a plot I liked. Then, one day, when I was checking out Hiroshi Sotomura's thread, Pokemon: rijjon adventures, an idea popped in my head. "Why don't I make a fangame that has tons of puzzles and minigames that you need to solve to continue on your journey? Then I could entertain everyone!" This idea I liked a lot, and I started building a plot around it. Which is why I'd like to introduce...

Pokemon Puzzle!

The only problem was...

Should I make it a hack or a game?

After a lot of thinking, I decided to go with "game". It would be possible to make lots of maps that were the perfect size I wanted. And there wouldn't be a lot of bugs and glitches in it either. So I'm going with game and I'm using Poccil's Essentials. I found out how to do most of the scripting with Poccil's Essentials too! :p

Made with: Poccil's Essentials(Go Poccil! :D) and RPGXP.

Plot:
Spoiler:

Team: Also Known as Pokedude™ Project Leader, Head Mapper, Scripter
pieCakeyy Head Spriter
clear.gif

KuroDragoon3 Spriter
Pokehero22 Idealist, Beta Tester
Kyuubi12 Mapper

I really need team members!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Features:
:t025:8 Gyms, the Elite Four, and THEN one gym for each and every one of the other
types!
:t025:New FR/LG Trainer Sprites!
:t025:All new region, the Menlo Region, which is divided into 4 parts!
:t025:You will be able to travel in some areas from other regions!
:t025:I'm putting in some cities and routes from other fangames!
:t025:More minigames, and puzzles every step of the way!
:t025:Pokemon Tournaments and Contests!
:t025:See some cities and areas from the Anime!(Like that island that Pokemon 4ever took place on)

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Videos:
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/gregoryjerian/?action=view&current=clip0018.flv
^Begining Event part 1^
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/gregoryjerian/?action=view&current=clip0022.flv
^Begining Event part 2^

If you want to join the team, PM me, Also Known as Pokedude™!

Credits:
Blizzy- for making a Pokemon Starter Kit
Flameguru- for editing Blizzy's Starter Kit and making the features a whole lot easier to use... plus making things possible like the battle system.
Poccil- for editing Flameguru's Starter Kit and writing usage notes... All hail the usage notes! XD
Pokehero22: Some Music
WAH: Custom Tileset!
Don Patch/Allistar: Custom Tilesets!
Kyledove: His D/P Tiles
Fangking Omega: Character Sets
Fangking Omega(again :P), Mateo, Kyledove(again :P), Remy and Cuddles: Their "Johto" tileset
Here goes the websites!:
VG Music Music!
Pokemon Elite 2000 FR/LG Trainer Sprites
Spriters Resource A lot of things...
Support Pokemon Puzzle:

Take these banners and userbars and place them in your signature to support us!

Spoiler:
New support club!:
If you want to know when this thread gets an update, PM me, send me a visitor message, or post here, and you will get a PM every time Pokemon Puzzle gets an update!!

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Oh. It must've glitched up. I PM'd avatar. Thanks for telling me!

Here's a random update! :knockedou

ScreenshotShane.png

That's Shane talking to you in the Pokemon School.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
looks good! Just change the floor tiles and add some shadows in front of the walls.
I like how the screenshots ask you if you renember his name. It's like mystery dungeon where you get to make your own choices.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
@Red Gyrados: WHAT? I don't see my posts at all. Stupid glitchy server...

Here's the screen again. In case you can't see it.

ScreenshotShane.png

@shinylugia249: Thanks, I'll do the shading now and change the floor tiles... -_-; I completely forgot the shading. I'll post another screen later.

This look better?
ScreenshotSchool.png

Just wondering. I can't seem to find the tile used for the Viridian City Pokemon School's ground on the chipset. I'm wondering.

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Hey, I finished a event all the way from one you start out in pokemon school to when you finish up battling the team rocket grunt. I'll post a video once I get HyperCam to work.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
The new screen looks a lot better (in my opinion). Can't wait to see the video.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
SUPPORT POKEMON PUZZLE!
(Yeah, it's a new userbar. :D)

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3833689][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1260/ubd8139sm5.png[/img][/url]

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Pokehero22: Thanks for supporting my game! Oh, I use this website for making userbars! http://www.ubdesigner.com

puzzlebanner.gif

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3833689][img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/CheesePl0x/puzzlebanner.gif[/img][/url]
^That's a new bar made by my friend pieCakeyy! Thanks, pieCakeyy!^

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
New video!!!

It shows the event with Shane in the first town. Part 1. Yes, there's another part. I'll upload that once I get the scripting done. ^_^"

Click on the video to watch it!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
The vid is ok but maybe you could add something that looks different in it

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
The video looks great!. Just make sure to make outside maps bigger so you can't see the black sorrounding the map.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
The video looks great!. Just make sure to make outside maps bigger so you can't see the black sorrounding the map.
Yes that too and I looked at some of your other pics and Cinderash Town looks good maybe you should show some of that town off.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Cinderash Town I mapped for shinylugia's game, Pokemon Ryen. I use one account to store all the screenshots I have...

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
oh ok sorry lol, but anyway the vid looks good.

Thanks. :D I'm gonna upload part 2 soon.

Wait a second, this game has 1 screenshot and a video! I think it can be moved to the Games Showcase! I wonder if it should be moved...

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Hey guys, this was my first time revamping, and I decided to try for the heck of it. I made this revamp of Gold from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, anyways here he is.
I think I might include him as your rival!

gsctrainer03revamped.gif

Post your comments please!

Back