• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Gates to Infinity

blue

gucci
Years
Interesting that it's only one game now rather than two, I wonder if they plan to do something different this time? Either way, it makes having a 3DS worth buying.

532170_483611291657636_958830144_n.jpg

Loving the Japanese logo.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
As long as I can play as a Treecko I'm okay with this.

That might be harder to do this time around. Serebii is reporting that the whole choosing of your Pokemon involves the 3DS camera.

Not sure if I like this new method.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Trailer was awesome! :D
Another plus to this game :D

Awesome we dont have to be pikachu apparently. I'd say more but i already said everything i had to say in my last post :D
Apparently we do...
There was something like selection but I don't think it actually was that... :/
It would be good if it was...

As long as I can play as a Treecko I'm okay with this.
That's probably not gonna happen :/

As much as I hate to play only as Pikachu, I can understand that... Character Pok?mon always had more OWs needed than the regular Pok?mon so maybe it isn't that easy to do all for all OWs for more Pok?mon...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Hey, it actually looks kinda cool! The partner/starter thing is a little disappointing, but I guess the game is supercool anyway. Plus, I mean being Snivy wouldn't be so bad. I'm wondering how the scanning will work though?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I won't watch the whole video. I want the most maximum surprise factor I can possibly get. But yeah I flipped my flippin' lid when I heard there was going to be a new Mystery Dungeon, like seriously I've been checking Serebii for about 2 years and it FINALLY popped up I'm just so happy sdjfsdfjflsjdfljsfjsdlfjmelts

blue

gucci
Years
I won't watch the whole video. I want the most maximum surprise factor I can possibly get. But yeah I flipped my flippin' lid when I heard there was going to be a new Mystery Dungeon, like seriously I've been checking Serebii for about 2 years and it FINALLY popped up I'm just so happy sdjfsdfjflsjdfljsfjsdlfjmelts

Not all that much was revealed in the trailers, just a couple of dungeons and a few Pokemon really but yeah, I know how you feel. Mystery Dungeon is one of those spin offs I really enjoyed and after waiting two years with no news of a new game I kinda thought it had come to an end but then they came out with this which made my day.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
I AM HYPED

I doubt their will only be 5 starters.
There will be the 3 from each region, Meowth, Axew, Pikachu, and 2 Hoenn Pokemon to hint at the remakes.

I hope they bring back the Statues and show a Gen 6 pokemon, like they did in PMD1.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I AM HYPED

I doubt their will only be 5 starters.
There will be the 3 from each region, Meowth, Axew, Pikachu, and 2 Hoenn Pokemon to hint at the remakes.

I hope they bring back the Statues and show a Gen 6 pokemon, like they did in PMD1.

Remake hints wouldn't be in a spin off title seeing as they aren't made by the same company.

Also no, its Pikachu, Axew, Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig as choosable starter choices based on what was shown. The announcer said something about choosing one of them as your playable choice.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Finally. .___. Gotta say, I empathize with people's excitement here, I've been waiting a long time for this, myself!

The only problem here is picking who I'd start off as! I'm a pretty picky person, and I'm not the biggest fan of starting off anything with Pikachu, so it'd definitely be between Snivy and Axew. I mean, how cool would it be to wreck stuff as a Haxorus?

And of course, I like Snivy because of Coil, and the fact that I could abuse that to my heart's content to pretty much be unstoppable. xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, it actually looks kinda cool! The partner/starter thing is a little disappointing, but I guess the game is supercool anyway. Plus, I mean being Snivy wouldn't be so bad. I'm wondering how the scanning will work though?
Well we have seen it in video... it seems that there will be special scan-able things that allow us to go to special dungeons...

Remake hints wouldn't be in a spin off title seeing as they aren't made by the same company.

Also no, its Pikachu, Axew, Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig as choosable starter choices based on what was shown. The announcer said something about choosing one of them as your playable choice.
If we get to choose then there will be at least 80% of MC Kibagos xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Obviously everyone's going to pick Axew :P I mean, it's a dragon type and it's a newish Pokemon that was hard to get in the main games. (not a starter).

Okay, now I'm excited!

blue

gucci
Years
Soooo, what's the current line-up of starters that we've gathered? I'd like to choose a Unova Starter for a change.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Soooo, what's the current line-up of starters that we've gathered? I'd like to choose a Unova Starter for a change.

Currently, the ones we know of are Pikachu, the Unova starters and Axew.

Since Virizion was seen a fair few times in the trailer and the magazine, I think that it could play an important role in the storyline.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
Am I the only one who thought of Chocobo's Dungeon upon seeing the trailer?

I'm incredibly excited for this and Snivy's my player of choice...given we have a choice ._. The 3D Camera Sensor thing may be trickier to get past than the quiz....

I wonder what the story relates to~

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I would kind of like to be Oshawott. Possibly Snivy.

Partner will more than likely be Axew. I wonder how genders will go? In the previous games some partners were preset as male or female, I wonder if it's the same here.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I really wanna be Piplup. Doesn't look like its gonna happen tho. D: I'm still excited, but it looks like they're just making another Pokepark 2 for 3DS. Like with hardly any Pokemon outside of Unova in the game at all, which really sucks because honestly Unova only has a few good Pokemon.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
The other regions' Pokemon will more than likely become available in the post game. Though, if that is the case, then why have Pikachu as a starter -___-?

I'm curious to see if Genesect and Meloetta will be fought/recruitable in the game.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
The other regions' Pokemon will more than likely become available in the post game. Though, if that is the case, then why have Pikachu as a starter -___-?

I'm curious to see if Genesect and Meloetta will be fought/recruitable in the game.

Genesect and Meloetta probably will be in because both of them has been officially released, unlike Arceus and Sky, Sky was released in April in Japan, while Arceus was first offically released in July(in Japan of course). But, maybe they won't be in and just make cameos or something.

Anyways, I really hope Genesect will be in, I also wonder how Arceus will be put in the game.

Back