• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokérus

Have your Pokémon ever been infected with Pokérus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
For those who don't know when a Pokémon has the Pokérus, it gains double the effort values from battling and the infected Pokémon can infect other Pokémon.It can be caught when battling or catching wild Pokémon with a chance of 3 in 65,536.

My Pokémon got infected in my Ruby after battling a wild Electrike.At the time i didn't even know what is was.I realized later that i was really lucky to get infected.So, my question is were you lucky enough to get the Pokérus in any game?If so what was your reaction to it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The first time I came across Pokérus was in Ruby, but I never fully understood what it was. The next time I caught it was in Platinum and I spread it over to HG/SS.

Years
I have had this happen; in fact I know there's a Tyrogue somewhere in one of my Pokemon games still with Pokerus. I attempted to pass it on, but for whatever reason it didn't work so I decided to box it until I knew what to do with it. I should probably now find it and use it to infect my team. I didn't realise how rare Pokerus was either, wow!

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, it was in Platinum when I was healing my Pokemon so I had to look it up and thought it was pretty cool.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes omg. It was in my Japanese Black 2 and I noticed it too late for it to be passed on. :( And the first time I had it was in gen III when someone traded me a Pokemon with it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Sadly, never. That said, I've only ever encounterred two shinies in a bunch of years as well, one on leaf green and the other on an essentials game.

Years
My first unfortunate encounter with Pokerus was in HeartGold. I bought the game used, and it never occurred to me that I couldn't save over the old file with the new one (even though it tells you that when starting), so I went along my merry way. Only about 45 minutes in, I was training at the bottom of Route 46, when I faced a wild Geodude. I decided I wanted to catch it just so I didn't only have one Pokemon, and sure enough, I was told at the Pokemon Center that it had Pokerus. After finding out that I couldn't save, and that Pokerus was 267% rarer than finding a shiny, I was pretty angry.

Fast forward to last month when I started White 2, and I was lucky enough to find a Magnemite that had Pokerus in Virbank Complex. I was lucky enough to get my entire party infected, yet get it to the box before everyone was cured.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I had my first case of Pokerus in Emerald. Really, I went all crazy and was super happy. But- I never decided on using my Marill (The one with Pokerus), so it just stayed in my PC forever. I think I might have gotten worried that if Marill fainted, I'd lose it, so I never used him.

Besides, doesn't the Macho Brace do exactly what Pokerus does? Pokerus doubles EV gained from Pokemon battles, and so does the Macho Brace, right?

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
My buddy got it and sent it to me right away. Ahaha we made a deal that when one of us gets the Pokerus, we'd spread it across our games and send it to each other. It's really convenient! I love it!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I've never even heard of Pokerus until I got my Heart Gold game. I also highly doubt my Pokemon were infected with it.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
My first PKRS (in game initials) was in emerald. about a dozen of my pokemon have the smiley near their name due to it. I have since learned what it is and recently one of my pokemon contracted it. I spread it to most of my pokemon and have about 260 pokemon with the virus active in the PC. It helps SOO much in EV training. If anyone wants some, hmu.

Regards, Chris

I found my first shiney recently too. Its been a good couple weeks.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
about a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of this happening but i've got a shhiny pokerus but unfortunitly its a pidgey from white forest

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I felt that Pokerus is so easy to get cos I always get it on every game. Still can't believe that its actually rarer than Shiny Pokemon, cos I only found one legit random encounter one.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've had this happen to me several times , though most of the time it was cause someone trade me a Pokemon with it. Though I think the only it happened legitly to one of my Pokemon was in Heartgold, but it never got the chance to infect other Pokemon.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I don't really remember my first encounter. The first time I was aware of it was Pokemon White.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I got the first Pokerus in Ruby when catching a certain Solrock in Meteor Falls, but since I don't understand how it works back then, I restart the game. The next time I got Pokerus was when I'm battling on my way to Undella Town in my Pokemon White play-through.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
heartgold.
was happy but it wasn't much of a big deal since i already knew about it way before ever getting the virus.
from there on i always offered ppl the chance to get my pokemon infected before trading. didn't hurt to do it (especially when breeding) and it came in handy for many of them =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back