• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
School was evil last week, but now I'm on half term and it's saturday anyway. That means I've been working on the project.

limeburgforest4ea.png

This is Limeburg Forest. The forest lies on Route 48 between Elderwood and Pinefall cities.

alderfordcity2is.png

Alderford City, north of Pinefall. To the right is the entrance to Larix Cave.

Finally today, I've updated Olbranch Town. New rocks above the Myrica Pass and new houses. I'd completely forgotten that the player's house required 2 floors, so I fixed that.
http://img239.exs.cx/img239/3473/olbranch21wy.png

Till next time, good bye and good night!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice mapping as usual. But the house on the bottom left hand side in the second screen can be only got to by one way. Did you use the trees to block the other way on purpose?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yeah, on purpose. What I didn't do on purpose though is evident on one of the houses up top. An incorrect tile OMG NO :(

It r t3h fix'd now though

Mezereon City is not fun to make X.x

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I love this game. I've been following it for a while, but have just started to post, and stuff. XD The maps are simply amazing. To me, this game so far rivals Hidden Depths, C.O.L and Liquid IMO. And with the power of RMXP, you should be able to do lots of great things for the game. Keep up the good work ^_^

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Whoa, HIGH praise indeed! Thank you very much!

I don't get why it's only been rated 4 stars then :P

*shot*

What have I done today? OK, I've been a bit rushed because I went to a rugby match (w00t for Super League!) but I got what I wanted. At last, I'm going to present to you all some in game shots of interaction with NPCs and such. A bit of insight into the story of Merto, though you're not going to dig too much out of it.

merto10wl.png

Hmmm... I wonder what you need to get to take the Myrica Pass...

merto25vg.png

Prof Willow's lab.

merto35ey.png

Sister

merto41lq.png

In pursuit of Team Rocket

merto51xw.png

They went that way.

Still no battle shots because they don't exist -_-

OK, I'm doing a bit of the more tedious aspect of mapping; the routes. Just to link up the towns I've already done and such. Johto routes have all been done to a most satisfactory standard, but Merto routes are a pain in the sense that you have to design them yourself.

Route 47

The last bit of route 48 at the other side of the Limeburg Forest.

EDIT: The font looks a bit screwy because it's at 50 percent size. Done to save space of course.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice new screens! I was hoping for some screens on the plot.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
OK, not a huge amount of awesomeness today, but 2 very nice cities have been made.

Mezereon City, nice place.

That's what the big place is.

Pecanside City, my favourite town so far.

I believe it could be time to write up the plot outline. Expect that by Wednesday, along with some more... er... probably maps :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm still loving this game. The screenshots look great as always, and if the storyline is as good as the screenshots, then you'll have one extremely good game with you ^_^

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Wow, just wow. This stuff is incredible! I love the new cities and stuff! You are of a high rank among the others that are Excellent! As for a 4 out of 5, I gave you a 5.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I wouldn't say that you rival the other 3 games here just yet. But you are right up there, you have the potential indeed! I have no doubt that you won't end up being one of the best games PC has ever seen, just as long as you don't give up. That's one thing the 3 highly ranked games here have, they have been in the making since day one and have not discontinued. I would love to see more features, and I love your mapping skills. You should see my Agate Village, holy .... was that a load of work!!!

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice layout of the towns, and very nice mapping.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Reet, we've got the storyline just about finalised. Here is the outline

3 years after Team Rocket?s supposed demise at the hands of a young boy, they are stirring again. Enticed by the thought of regaining their stronghold over Kanto, and eventually the whole world, the Rockets have been gathering as much information about their lost leader Giovanni as they can. At long last, under a temporary leader, they finally instigate their plans in Johto, hoping to bring back Giovanni.

GSC told us this much.

But the full story is about to be told.

When Team Rocket were defeated 3 years ago, everybody believed that they had disbanded for good. In fact, they had continued their activities in secret without the influence or instruction of their old leader. They spent a long time plotting their return to power. In the end, they decided that they were completely reliant on an old project begun a few months before their defeat, which itself was dependant on Giovanni?s return. Before he had left them, Giovanni hid away the plans and files on this mysterious ?PROJECT GEMININE?.

Giovanni had been moving from place to place to keep out of Team Rocket?s way. He finally settled in Olbranch Town, a quaint little settlement at the foot of a mountain range in North Merto. He believed that Team Rocket wouldn?t think to look for him there. He had absolutely no wish to return to them, wanting to shed all criminal identity from himself. He had spies in Team Rocket who kept him informed on their current movements, and was horrified to learn about their desire to resurrect ?PROJECT GEMININE?. He realised that he should have destroyed all traces of the project, and sees that his only option is to go into hiding. He sent envoys to Team Rocket who gave them false information that he was currently in Johto. He also asked his son Kamon to go to Johto and keep tabs on the Rockets. He took him to New Bark Town, and there Kamon also began his quest to become a Pok?mon Master.

On his journey through Johto, as well as working his way toward taking on the Pok?mon League, Kamon kept in contact with his father as he had been asked to do. Unfortunately, Team Rocket use this to their advantage. Tracing Kamon?s calls, they learn that Giovanni is in Merto after all and immediately set out on his trail. Kamon follows, and teams up with his sister Kiren to find their father, before Team Rocket gets to him first.

However, things take a turn for the worst when they become caught up in a fierce conflict between two tribes fighting for ownership of the Sword of GEMININE? Stopping Team Rocket becomes more crucial than ever as they join forces with the Shuyo Clan and begin to solve the puzzle of GEMININE for themselves?

Additional story elements courtesy of SlickSlicer

bambottacity2sm.png

Here is Bambotta City's initial design plan. It'll look a lot cooler when you see the Shuyo and Koki clans battling it out in the streets ;)

This place was SlickSlicer's idea. It's a town with warring factions.

The Koki and the Shuyo clans (made those up) would be fighting some kind of epic Pokemon battle. The two clans would get in your way a lot during your stay in the town. Each clan would think you were a member of the other clan and they would fight with you.

Koki: A ninja looking clan. The members look like masked ninjas and they come out from the shadows. Their color is blue.

Shuyo: A samurai looking clan. These members look like samurai in traditional kimono. They have a katana in hand and approach like normal Pokemon trainers. Color is red.

The reason they are fighting is because of the Sword of GEMININE. Each clan has one half of the sword, and each clan wants the other clan's half. But what exactly is the Sword of GEMININE, and what is it's purpose?

Last edited:

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
wow all the screens look amazing, the storyline sounds really good ^_^, this is a really good game!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Bambotta City's awesome! Is there any way you can join one of the clans?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yes. You help out one of them because Team Rocket's helping out the other. Though at first, they'll both be making your life a pain.

I also forgot to mention that the name of Bambotta city is courtesy of Ivar and his mastery of Italian.

Back