• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deoxys EX 111/116 - Plasma Freeze

Years
This week's card of the week is a powerhouse of a Pokémon! It's...

DEOXYS EX!

Spoiler:

Some ideas to get you started:

What do you think of its art?

What cards do you think this will combo well with?

What have you seen this card play well with?

Do you think this card is overpowered?

There are plenty of other things to comment about on this card as well!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
FA :3
Deoxys :3
EX :3

I think the artwork is pretty good, but not as good as the regular print imo. Its Power Connect will be useful if you rely on Team Plasma cards. Helix Force can be utilized extremely well, doing damage between 60 and 90 on average (assuming that Deoxys EX has a Plasma Energy attached to it) with a low energy cost. 170 HP is definitely a great amount.

Do I think it's overpowered?
No!

Do I want one?
Yes!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I ended up pulling 2 from a boosterbox. So i have managed to play around with it. It is probably one of the best supports for Team Plasma atm. Its basically Altaria, but for tons of types, less damage boost , but a lot more HP, and a usable attack.

By itself. This card is pretty amazing. It's attack is pretty strong. It works wonders against anything that needs to stack energy to do more damage. Examples being MewtwoE x and Keldeo Ex. Against Keldeo Ex it takes 6 energy to OHKO Deoxys, while it only takes 5 energy on Keldeo Ex for Deoxys to knock it out. Mewtwo is even simpler. Mewtwo needs 2 energy to even attack, but cant OHKO Deoxys until it has 3 energy on itself and 2 on Deoxys. While Deoxys can knock it out as soon as Mewtwo is able to attack.

The most popular deck to put it in is a Team plasma Deck. Which usually consists of 3-4 Deoxys Ex, 3-4 Lugia Ex, 2-3 Thundurus Ex, and 3-4 Kyurem PF, maybe 1 Keldeo Ex. With 3 Deoxys out, Lugia can more easily achieve KOs and picking up more prizes. With Thundurus in the mix, you can recycle the Plasma Energy. With Kyurem, you can attack pokemon like Sigilyph. With Keldeo Ex you can freely switch around.

The deck i currently use it in is my Weavile deck, so it can consistently hit for 160 without having to discard more than the 4 Exeggcute with 2 Deoxys and a Dark Claw. It provides both the support and a reliable second attacker. With a few blend energy and colress machine. It has a chance of doing 30-60 damage in T1

The only problem is with Plasma Blast right around the corner. There are going to be decks that are tuned directly against team plasma pokemon, making it impossible to even damage your opponent without a tool scrapper.

Back