• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stranded (rated M for possible adult themes)

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Victoria watched Kelsey walk away briefly before turning her attention to the sunset that she had pointed out. The look of childlike endearment on Kelsey's face was infectious and Victoria had to admit, even in her less than perfect vision it was quite beautiful. She sat there a few moments longer reflecting on the hectic events that had led up to this moment. She turned her head and saw the commotion of a man and his Kadabra cutting down some trees.

It took Victoria a second before she figured out what he was up to, and she had to admire his quick thinking and resourcefulness. She quickly recalled her now slumbering Vulpix and Hippopotas to their Pokeballs and left Archie resting on her head. She stood up shakily, her legs having fallen asleep as she was seated. Quickly brushed off the seat of her pants and approached the young man. The first thing she noticed was the most peculiar color of his hair and how it contrasted with his dark blue eyes. Another girl was in view now, looking to be talking to the boy herself. Victoria couldn't help but wonder now how many people there actually were here.

Victoria adeptly dodged the now pseudo construction zone that the Kadabra had created. She approached the boy and mentally composed herself for a moment. "Uhm, hi? I'm Victoria." She called out. "It kind of looks like you're building a shelter, is there anything I can do to help?" She asked hesitantly digging her heels into the sand.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Bliss sighed, watching the boy walk away towards some other girls. She would have followed to join them, but she wanted to be alone. She would join them when she felt she was ready to interact. Bliss walked near the water, staring out into the sunset. Grace and Free-Free followed, but Freequa kept her distance away from the sea, as Bliss started to talk to herself.

"How are we going to get home? I knew I shouldn't have left Goldenrod..." she said to herself, "I wonder if the wreck is on the news yet? Have dead bodies washed up on this island? Poor mother, I bet she's worried sick about me. But even if I do return to Johto, I still can't visit Goldenrod. I'm too afraid of her reaction..." Grace and Free-Free had heard all of this, and their concern grew for their trainer. They hugged her, trying to comfort.

"But I still have you guys, don't I?" Bliss chuckled, looking behind her as Freequa was laying down some feet away. She also noticed some trees being cut down, and the boy she interacted with a bit earlier on. Bliss narrowed her eyes towards Freequa, then looked upwards. Not a cloud in sight, and some stars had began to appear. She looked again at the other girls, one of them had approached the boy. Bliss shook her head, then walked over to the two of them, her Pokemon following.

"We can handle trees with ease," Bliss said, then smirked. "Freequa, use flamethrower!" The said Typhlosion used it's attack, burning through the trees trunks. Many of them fell to the ground, some still had a bit of fire around them but eventually burned out.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Vincent Phoenix​

Vincent stared at the girl for a little while as he waited for her to respond, blinking slightly as she simply turned around and moved towards the water. "What the…?" He shook his head, sighing deeply. "I guess being stranded and shipwrecked does weird things to you…" She had acted like she hadn't even heard his question, and then walked off to look at… Vincent didn't even know.

He grunted quietly and turned around to have a look at Ace slowly lowering the treetrunk against the Y-shaped tree, creating an area that could be shielded off against the elements and any wild Pokémon that may be on the island. "You're doing a great job, Ace!" Ace nodded swiftly, but seemed focused on his task of not letting the tree drop to the ground as it hovered through the air.

As he was about to head over to take the large leaves he had gathered and scatter them on the 'floor' of the shelter, another girl spoke to him as he had his back turned, making him turn around again, his brows raising. "Huh? Oh! Yeah, I am… I mean, someone has to, right?" He smiled lightly and nodded to her. "I'm Vincent, hey. And, uh…" He looked over his shoulder at the shelter-in-progress and then up at the sky that slowly had begun darkening, though the sun still painted it a soft, dark orange. He hadn't taken notice of the sunrise at all, however.

"Well, if you could get us some more of the huge leaves, we could use them as a sort of… wall, to keep the warmth in, and everything else out." He nodded a little, relieved to see that someone had gathered their thoughts enough to try and help out. For now, they had to make sure they had a place to rest. It would be a tight fit, but… Vincent was doing what he could with what he had. Just as the girl had gone off to collect the leaves, the girl from earlier walked up to him again, with her Typhlosion in tow.

Before Vincent could say anything, she had ordered her Typhlosion to use Flamethrower… on the trees on the outskirts of the jungle. Right next to their –wooden- shelter. Vincent's eyes widened and he called out "No!" But it was too late. The flames spewed out and covered a majority of the trees, but luckily, didn't even touch the shelter. Several trees fell, and others simply caught fire. Gritting his teeth, Vincent turned to Ace, who seemed just a little shocked at what had happened.

"Ace! Psycho Cut, quick! Get the burning trees into the sand!"

"Dabra!"

Doing as he was told, Ace quickly dispatched the few trees on fire, which fell to the ground with a roar, putting out the last fires. Vincent then turned to Bliss, fury in his eyes. "What're you thinking?! You could've torched the entire damn forest with that attack! And you almost hit the shelter!" He huffed, his fists clenched as he stared the poor girl down, Ace walking up behind him to place a hand on his shoulder. "… Bra."

At first, he didn't even react to it, but after a few moments, he shook his head, taking a deep breath to steady himself, rubbing his temple. "… I'm sorry, but it was a really stupid thing to do. I didn't mean to shout."

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Bliss' cheeks went red, then stared at Freequa.

"You were meant to use it at a pace where it would just cut down some trees with little flame that would extinguish by itself, NOT set the whole d*mn forest on fire! We've been trying this technique for ages now!" She said, trying to control her anger. However, she calmed down. "I guess I should've had Free-Free on standby with Whirlwind." Bliss turned to Vincent. "I don't blame you, I should be apologising." She shook her head.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Seated upon Victoria's head, Archie woke with a fright; ever alert to the cacophony of noise now unraveling itself around him. "Chen! Chen!" He shrieked. Victoria snatched him in her hands stroking his beak. "No, no, no, it's ok, shh....it's ok I promise." Archie visibly relaxed into her grasp though still clearly distressed. The other girl had appeared and used flamethrower on a forest full of trees and other combustible foliage. Victoria couldn't believe it, however she had to give credit that a few of the trees did fall conveniently.

The boy named Vincent turned to the other girl and began to verbally berate her, but his Kadabra seemed to intervene before he completely lost it. Victoria hadn't realized that she herself had tightened her grip on Archie in response to the tension that now permeated the air. She slowly released Archie being careful not to hurt him. "Hey Archie, how would you like to help out real quick?" She asked him calmly. "Chen?" He responded eagerly. "By the looks of it, you are one of the few who can fly around this place, would you mind seeing if you could find some sort of food or maybe water while I collect these leaves? Just please be back before dark. Ok?" He looked at her quizzically for a moment processing the request and then staring out into darkening forest before him. "Ch-Chen." He nodded in agreement hesitantly.

"Don't worry buddy, I have faith in you, it'll be ok. If you run into anything scary just come right back here ok?" Victoria added stroking his beak one last time placing him on her arm like a falconer would. She thrust her arm in the air and off he went circling her first and then off over the forest. Victoria had to fight the sinking depression and worry that overcame her at seeing him fly away. "It'll be ok." She whispered to herself reassuringly.

Keeping herself busy, she went to work right away collecting the leaves that Vincent had pointed out. They were rather large and a bit heavy for her to carry comfortably, however she carried a bundle back to Vincent tensions still running a little high. "Hey I got some of the leaves you wanted!" She said still carrying them in her hands. "Where do you want them? Where do you want them? Where do you want them? Where do you want them?" She began to ask repeatedly. "No not now!" She thought and panicked inwardly. "Where do you want them? Wher-?" She dropped the leaves and began to run away from the other two, thrusting her hand into her mouth to stop the cycle. She bit down harder and harder, blood began to poor into her mouth and sting her tongue. "Where do you want them? Where do you want them?"

She took her other free hand and began to thump it against her thigh. The pace of the repetition began to slow and the uncontrollable urge began to subside. "You're such a freak!" Victoria cried out vociferously, tears streaming down her face.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Vincent Phoenix​

Well, the girl had at least apologized. Though she still seemed intent on cutting down the trees none the less, Vincent gave a little shake with his head, sighing quietly. "… Listen, it's fine. Just… don't start using fire moves like that near the trees. We don't even need to cut down anymore trees right now." After a moment of hesitation, he added, a little reluctantly. "… But thank you for trying to help. Could you round up the other survivors you can find and let them know we're making a shelter?"

Without waiting for a reply, Vincent went back to the shelter-in-progress. Ace had managed to move the tree trunk against the Y-shaped tree still standing, creating a suitable base for a shelter. Vincent got to work and grabbed a pair of the large leaves he had collected earlier, and began laying them out as a floor. He huffed slightly, the leaves being rather big, and very heavy.

A moment later, the girl from earlier, Victoria, stepped up to him with a couple of leaves in tow. Vincent smiled a little in relief. At least someone was doing something right, besides him. He glanced back at the shelter and then to the girl again, ready to direct her to place the leaves up against the trunk. "Great! Just put them-" Vincent cut himself off, blinking slightly in surprise as the girl continued to ask the same question. Was this some kind of weird prank? The girl's eyes lit up in fear and panic, which led him to believe that something was wrong.

"Hey, are y- h-hey!" The girl had turned and run off, down the beach and behind a cluster of rocks. Vincent frowned to himself, glancing back at Bliss and Ace. "… Keep going, I'll go check on her. Ace, get some of the leaves tied together and use them as a roof." "Dabra, kad." Ace nodded and turned to get to work, as Vincent ran down the beach, to where Victoria had moved behind a bunch of rocks.

After a short while of searching, he found the girl, leaned against one of the rocks, a faint trickle of blood running down her right hand and tears streaming down her cheeks. He looked around to make sure she wasn't under attack before stepping closer, clearing his throat lightly as to not startle her. "Hey… Victoria? Are you alright? What's wrong?"

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Vincent's voice cut through the air clear as day, and sent a chilling shiver through her spine. Victoria jumped to her feet, turned to face him and quickly thrust her right hand behind her back in a vain attempt to hide the bite mark hoping he hadn't noticed. Her eyes puffy with tears, she took her left hand and hurriedly tried to clear them from her face. "Uhm...would you believe me if I said nothing?" Victoria replied with a cheesy smile and obvious forced laughter.

She averted her eyes and began to stare at the ground, desperately not wanting to initiate eye contact with the boy. She could feel her composure wavering, and caught her breath once again before continuing. She didn't want to cry again, too many tears had already been shed. "Let's see, uh. I guess it can't be a secret much longer." She added, her gaze still pointed at the ground. "I was born with....a condition." She continued meekly, her left arm now rubbing her right in an up and down motion.

Her green eyes began to quiver from the recollection. She had hoped beyond all desires that she could have kept this a secret. "It's just something I do from time to time. When I was six..." She paused unsure how much to reveal. "...I began to count things like my toys and leaves on a tree over and over again in rapid succession. I was taken to a doctor and diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder." Victoria stopped once again, this time deciding not to reveal too much to a complete stranger.

"I know what you're thinking! This girl is crazy..." She began to choke up again. "I promise you I'm not crazy! It's just....sometimes....I uh..have to do things over and over again. I don't know why. It's just when I do it, I don't feel anxious anymore...." She cast a sidelong glance toward the forest. Her right hand now throbbing with pain she turned her attention back to the boy. "It just seems to be a permanent foible of mine."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Vincent Phoenix​

As the girl heard his voice, she jumped slightly, quickly hiding the slightly bloodied hand behind her back. She pretended nothing was wrong, but it was easy to tell that she didn't even believe that lie herself, Vincent's lips tugging into a very small smile. "Heh. I think you know the answer to that yourself."

He stayed quiet as she began explaining, folding his arms across his chest while listening to her. He had a look of concern and patience on his face, seeming a lot different from when he was shouting at that other girl earlier.

As she finished explaining herself, Vincent shook his head lightly, taking a step closer while waving his hand dismissively. "Listen, listen… you don't have to excuse yourself. Something like that is out of your control, and you can't help it. I don't know much about… well, anything, about that disorder, but it sounds to me like it's something you don't decide over."

Pausing for a moment, he stepped closer, reaching into the pack at his side, pulling out a strip of bandage, holding his right hand out towards her right hand, looking at her expectantly, a knowing look in his eyes, as he continued speaking. "… Besides, it's not like it hurts anyone. But I –have- seen people with something like this before. It's not weird ,Victoria… just don't be ashamed of it, mmh? You can't run away from all of your problems."

He continued holding out his hand, as if asking for hers, the roll of bandage ready in his hand to bandage her knuckles up should she place her hand in his. "We need to live together here… probably for a long while, if this isn't an island anyone's been to before. So there's no sense in hiding from everyone else, right?"

OOC: Claire, you can go ahead and write about Vincent starting to bandage up her hand, if she chooses to let him. No need to waste another post with me just writing about that :P

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
IC

A few things.

1. It is becoming nighttime in game. By the time Kelsey is knocked unconscious, it's dark.

2. If any of you have any issues with the way I control your characters a tiny bit, please let me know via VM. If you want to control other people's characters a tiny bit, that's allowed unless they say differently. Just don't manipulate them majorly or do anything out of character. I give you guys permission to control my character (when she regains consciousness), but please keep it in character. Thanks. You can also give other people permission to control more than just a few words/small actions. No matter what, the important part is staying in character.

3. trainerbliss, can Bliss please tell the others that Kelsey went to gather food like she asked of her to say? Then, after a while, they'll realize Kelsey has been gone a while. At that point, one or two people should go to search, only to find Kelsey and Coal unconscious. At that point, the two who went searching would bring Kelsey and Coal back to the beach (the stronger of the two would carry Kelsey and the other would carry Coal) for medical attention? I will bring Kelsey and Coal back to consciousness whenever I write my next post. I know that this is an oddly specific request so I hope you guys will cooperate.

IC

Kelsey noted the drama going on around the beach. First, Vincent yelled at another girl that she did not know the name of for starting a fire. Next, Victoria gathered some leaves and dropped them, running away. She could tell from far away that Victoria was clearly distressed. It made her glad that she wasn't involved, partially because of her awkwardness and anxiety in social situations, but more so because she wouldn't want to mess things up with any of her "friends".

She also noticed that including the girl who Vincent yelled at, there were two people she didn't know the name of. The other was a guy. She decided to introduce herself. There was benefits to knowing everyone's names.

First, she approached the girl, who had shockingly long hair, longer than Kelsey could ever imagine keeping it, and pretty green eyes. She smiled weakly, giving her usual shy introduction.

"H-hi there. M-my name is Kelsey. What's yours?"

"I'm Bliss."

Kelsey thought Bliss was somewhat of an usual name, but at the risk of sounding rude, she decided not to comment on it.

"H-hey, Bliss! I just wanted to say hi and l-learn the names of everyone on this island. Would you mind telling the others that I'm going into the forest to gather some food for them? Th-thanks!"

Without even waiting for her response, Kelsey jogged up to the boy sitting on the beach. He hadn't done much all day. He just sat there and stared at the waves. Kelsey noticed that he looked much older than the others; he couldn't be younger than 20. She got down on her knees and turned her head.

"H-hello! My name is Kelsey! What's yours?" Although she stuttered a bit as usual, Kelsey managed to sound more enthusiastic than normal in her greeting this time.

"My name is Damion." While he said that, his facial expression was rather cold and distant. His eyes were flat, and his mouth was expressionless.

"It's n-nice t-to meet you, D-Damion! I-I just w-wanted to say h-hi to everyone. I'm g-gonna g-g-go gather food now, okay? B-bye!"

"Way to go, Kelsey. Way to make yourself look like a total fool in front of him and everyone else. You just can't stop stuttering for a second, can you? It's pathetic," Kelsey thought to herself, frowning deeply at her self deprecating thoughts. She took a deep sigh, and bolted into the forest.

Once she was a bit deeper in, she sent out Coal. Coal stared up curiously at his trainer.

"Cyn?"

"Hi, buddy! I decided to stop being useless and came here to gather some food. If you see anything, let me know. Don't be afraid to eat some things for yourself, but other than that, find me if you get anything, okay?"

"Cyndaquil!" Coal cried out. He then started ran away to find some berries.

__

Coal ate many berries for himself, but still fetched Kelsey most of the time after finding a particularly good berry tree. In the end, the results were good. Kelsey wound up with an armful of delicious looking berries for the gang. With a satisfied grin on her face, Kelsey marched down the way to the beach. Coal scurried behind her.

Suddenly, something hit Kelsey's legs at a high speed, presumably Coal. She fell over face first, and the berries she had collected went flying in every direction. Then, something that didn't happen much finally happened: she got angry.

"Coal, what the f***?" Coal walked up to her face, tilting his head to the side, looking confused and particularly hurt.

"Cyn?"

"You little s***! Why did you have to do that?" She groaned in annoyance. "Now we have to gather up the berries we dropped again, and it's all thanks to you!" she screamed.

Coal looked at the ground with a very saddened facial expression. A single tear formed in his squinted eyes at his trainers harsh yelling. This moment was then cut off by the real culprit: a mischievous, trouble making Pikachu. It hopped onto Kelsey's back, and then ended up right in front of her.

"Chu!" It gave Kelsey a small thundershock, which cased Kelsey to gasp, but didn't hurt all that much. While cringed, she sat up.

"Pikaaaaa..." The Pikachu was about to use thunderbolt, and Kelsey was trying desperate to get up.

"No!" She started to panic. Then, unexpectedly, Coal leaped in front of her, and used a fire attack. It distracted Pikachu for a bit. However, Kelsey did not train him much during their time traveling together, so the attack he used was only a mere ember and didn't have much of an effect on the powerful Pikachu.

The Pikachu then, without a second hesitation, used thunderbolt on Coal.

"Pika... chuuuuuuuuuuu!" This caused the tiny, weak Cyndaquil to flying several feat back. He was paralyzed, and collapsed to the ground. Kelsey turned around, hyperventilating.

"Coal!" She screeched in fear. She tried to get help to help her beloved Pokemon friend, but before she could even stand up fully, the Pikachu used thunderbolt again.

"Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" The thunderbolt was even more powerful this time. It brought Kelsey to her knees again, and then back to the ground. The mean yellow rodent was smiling as much as a Pikachu could at their pain. It was unbelievably sadistic. Although the Pikachu probably was not evil, it still seemed like an awfully mean thing for a wild Pokemon to do, and it went beyond mischievousness.

"Pikaa," the Pokemon cried in a giggly tone before it dashed back into the woods.

Kelsey and Coal were immobilized.

"Coal... are you okay?"

"Cyn..." His cry was weak.

"Coal, I hope you'll be okay. You deserve that much." Like Coal's cry, Kelsey's voice was weak. "I... I'm so sorry for blaming that stupid Pikachu's actions on you! I should have known better. You rarely misbehave. You're an amazing Pokemon and friend... hell, you even risked your health and took the first thunderbolt for me... I appreciate you... I truly do."

"Quil." Coal's cry was slightly stronger that that, but not by much. He sounded truly appreciative of Kelsey's apology and kind words.

"I don't know if we'll make it... but I hope we do... at... at least... I hope you do..." Kelsey's vision was obscured and her eyelids felt, so she closed her tired eyes and slowly slipped away, far away from this place. Coal was next to faint, leaving their two unconscious bodies all alone, rather far away from help.

Last edited:

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Victoria stared at the bandage for a short while, nervous and embarrassed that he had seen her hand after all. She pulled her hand out from behind her back and studied it for the first time since it happened. The knuckles bloodied, and small teeth indentations visible towards the base of the fingers. Vincent's tenderness certainly didn't seemed forced or insincere, and he continued to hold out his hand expectantly to bandage her hand.

Her resiliency and determination kicked in once again. She reached out with her left hand, retrieved the roll of bandage and began to wrap it around the wound herself. Victoria winced in pain, and pulled the bandage tight after a few rotations. She bent over and tore it between her teeth, folding it over on itself to stay secure. Victoria coyly replaced the now diminished bandage roll back into Vincent's hand and folded his fingers back over it.

"Thank you Vincent, it's a good thing you travel prepared for....well everything I guess." She said in a convivial tone, and flashing him probably her first unforced genuine smile since regaining consciousness.

Archie suddenly came squawking in loudly, puffing his chest out triumphantly. He perched himself on her shoulder and studied Vincent with utmost scrutiny. His gaze steadfast like the leer of a true predator.

"Archie!" Victoria cried out gleefully. "Did you find anything interesting?" The little Archen averted his gaze from Vincent and back to Victoria. "Ar-chen chen." He said excitedly. "That's great news little guy! However, it's getting too dark, it's probably not safe to go out there right now. Maybe you can show us where it is in the morning ok?" Archie seemed to be content with this answer, and bathed in Victoria's praise with complete unabashed relish.

"Alright, back in the ball little guy. You need some rest." Victoria held up his ball, the sudden beam of light illuminating the surroundings in it's crimson glow.

"Vincent, we should probably get back. Would you mind just keeping this little event between us for now? There's no sense in having to alert the others just what -exactly- happened." She said rubbing the now bandaged hand.

OOC: Bastian, if you want to go ahead and control some of Victoria's movements on the way back to the shelter be my guest. I trust you to keep her in-character. Just remember she can be a little stubborn at times. E.g. the self bandaging. :P

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Vincent Phoenix​

Vincent continued holding out the bandage and his hand expectantly, but he seemed surprised as Victoria simply grabbed the bandage and wrapped up her hand herself. He didn't mind, as long as she got her hand bandaged, but it was kind of silly not letting him do it, he thought. As she placed the bandage back into his hand, he smiled lightly and packed the bandage away, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"I didn't pack everything. This was just what I always pack, in case my Pokémon get hurt." At that moment, the Archen came flying from the jungle, crying out as it landed on Victoria's shoulder. Vincent raised his brows in surprise. He hadn't seen this kind of Pokémon before, but it seemed to belong to Victoria. He stayed quiet as it 'reported' back to her, and Vincent figured out that she had probably sent him scouting in the forest for… something. Food and water, probably.

Vincent smiled lightly, tilting his head a little while folding his arms across his chest, waiting until the girl had taken the bird back before nodding his head. "I understand. I won't say a word to anyone… not that I know anyone else here, heh." He offered a light smile as an attempted joke before nodding back towards the beach. "Come on, we better get back and finish the shelter before it gets dark."

As they were headed back towards the shelter, Vincent cleared his throat slightly. "… It was a good idea to let your Pokémon scout out the island. Hopefully he'll have found some food or clean water for tomorrow." He gave Victoria a glance and another, small smile. It was clear that he wasn't used to giving that much compliments, but he still sounded like he meant it.

As they reached the shelter again, with the girl, Bliss, that Vincent still didn't know the name of, he gave a little nod and a smile. "Everything's okay, don't worry." He glanced out over the beach, frowning a little as he was unable to see the girl from earlier, Kelsey. Turning back to Bliss he raised a brow slightly. "Hey, do you know where Kelsey went off to?"

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC

Unless she doesn't sign on in a while (like a day from now), I would like trainerbliss to be next to comment to keep the flow of things, where she'll say something about me going to the woods to gather food. If she doesn't sign on for a while, I can change the plan, but I figure she will.

The order after that doesn't matter. I just wanted to say that people should let her be next to keep the plot in line. That is all.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
"Oh, that girl Kelsey? She said she was going to get food a while back," Bliss replied, a worried look began to take over her face. "This is, a while back. Do you think she's all right?" Grace had begun to tug at Bliss' sock, as if she was trying to say something.

"Leafeon Leafeon! Leeeeeaf! Eon Eon!" Grace cried out, tugging more violently towards the forest.

"All right, all right, stop all ready!" Bliss said roughly, trying to separate her sock from her Pokemon's teeth. "What do you think we should do?"

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC

Sorry to be overly picky, but just remember two people go into the forest to save her, and one carries her Cyndaquil back and the other carries her. I promise I'll avoid enforcing my desires for this roleplay too much.

My IC post will come whenever I'm rescued.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
OOC: It's perfectly fine, Abi :P In return, I'll try and stop posting like lean mean posting machine.

Vincent Phoenix​

Raising his brows, Vincent looked towards the jungle as the sky continued to slowly darken, the sun almost done setting behind the softly rocking waves. He let out a groan and rubbing his forehead. "She went to get food –now-? While it's getting –dark-? We don't even know what Pokémon or people are on this island… damnit."

He sighed deeply, pressing his lips together while peering back at Ace who was still working on constructing the shelter's walls out of the large leaves. After a few moments of contemplation, he looked back to Bliss and Victoria. "Could you two go make sure she's safe? Two's always better than one, and make sure you have some strong Pokémon out, just in case. I'll help Ace finish the shelter. You two just find her and hurry on out of there. The more you stay in the dark, the more prone to attacks you are."

He glanced between the two as they both agreed and headed off towards the forest. Vincent sighed deeply, taking a moment to collect himself. "Good grief… I hope this'll go better tomorrow…" Rolling his shoulders, he let out a huff and went up next to Ace, working on tying the leaves together to provide cover from both sides of the shelter. It was going to be small, but it should be able to fit the six-ish people he'd seen so far.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
The verge of the forest loomed before Victoria, the sounds issuing forth from it's depths both foreign and inhuman. The other girl stood at her side, poised to go search for any signs of the now missing Kelsey. Victoria hoped nothing had happened to her, a whole list of horrific fates now running through her head that the poor girl could have encountered.

"I'm Victoria, by the way." She said absently, her gaze still unwavering from the seemingly impermeable frondescence. The other girl gave a small nod. "Bliss." She responded.

"Well Bliss, I guess we should get started." Victoria reached for her belt and pulled off two Pokeballs. She gave them a gentle toss and out came Pixie and Bubba, each yawning in harmony. She knelt down to their level, giving them a quick rub. "Hey you two, you know that girl I was talking to earlier? Well, she's in this forest somewhere and we have to find her, ok?" She asked in a falsely put on cheery tone to keep them calm.

The Pokemon hesitated for a second, each processing their own personal chagrin. "I know it's scary guys, I'm scared too. We just can't leave her out there. How would you feel if I was the one lost in there all by myself?" She argued convincingly.

Pixie thought it over for a minute, suddenly put her nose to the ground, and attempted to catch some sort of scent. Victoria knew that Pixie was no Growlithe when it came to scents, however it had to be better than going in completely blind and without any sort of assistance. The little Vulpix seemed to catch a whiff of something, what it was...well... Victoria had no idea. Pixie took off on a brief bound, with Bubba bumbling behind.

Victoria knew not to let her Pokemon get too far ahead of her. She held her breath and took one shaky, apprehensive step into the forest. She brushed some of the lower hanging branches to the side and took another step, and another, and another. The forest, seemingly aware and displeased with her presence, unleashed a barraging maelstrom of uproarious howls and wailing. Victoria bent over, cupping her hands over her ears. The noise subsided for but a minute.

Pixie came bursting through the underbrush. "Pix, Pix!" She yipped, beckoning her onward.

OOC: TrainerBliss, I hope you don't mind I went ahead and had Bliss give me her name. I didn't want to have to write some awkward introduction situation while time was of the essence. If you want me to change it I will. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
OOC: Nah, that's okay. By the way, just to let everybody know I'm not going to control any characters, even if it's a bit of dialogue. When I'm looking for a response, I'll just leave what my character says, all right?

Bliss nodded, making sure her three Pokemon were with her.

"Ready, Freequa, Grace, Free-Free?" She questioned. They all cried out, ready for whatever may oppose them.

Victoria seemed a little nervous about going into the forest, as she had cupped her ears.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you scared of the forest?" Bliss said, trying not to be too cocky.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Victoria turned around at hearing Bliss' tone and slightly snide comment. She uncovered her ears and glared at her from across the expanse between them. "No, I'm not scared." She replied. "It was just really loud, you telling me it didn't hurt your ears a little?" She concluded, turning her back to Bliss once again now slightly miffed.

Pixie insisted yet again for her attention. "Pix! Pix!" She bayed. "Ok, ok, I'm coming. Keep your tails on." Victoria replied, as she started to make her way over to what the little Vulpix so eagerly wanted to show her.

Victoria finally arrived, a good distance from the shore. She really hoped Bliss was still behind her. She quickly surveyed the surrounding area, and noticed the berry trees scattered about. Pixie seeming triumphant with her discovery, and ever so proud of herself as she pranced around them. Victoria let out a muffled sigh. "Pixie, as much as I appreciate the effort, we just aren't looking for food right now. Maybe tomorrow we can come back and get them. Remember, we're looking for a person, not food. Ok?" She said, making wild gestures hoping to be understood.

The little Vulpix looked at her appraisingly, cocking her head from side to side. "Pi-Pi Pix." She whined. "Not now, I know you're hungry but just let it go. Ok? Don't make me put you in your ball for now." Victoria scolded the little fox.

Pixie inclined her head and stared at the ground sorrowfully. "Vuli-pix pix." She cried out. "No, enough! Return." Victoria said sternly and held out Pixie's Pokeball. The little Vulpix vanishing in the beam of light. Victoria looked over at Bubba who was happily munching on the fallen berries. "What are you looking at?" She said in an obvious tone of displeasure. "Po-potas." Bubba responded unfazed.

"Whatever...where did Bliss go anyway? Maybe I shouldn't have run so far ahead..." Victoria tried to retrace her steps, Bubba plodding along behind her, still eating merrily. "Bliss! Hey Bliss! Where are you?" She took a few more steps. Her foot thumped against something mid-stride. The impact forceful enough to shake her off balance. Victoria landed with a jolt, the leaves underneath cushioning her fall.

It was at that moment she noticed what her foot had struck. She had tripped over Kelsey's body. Panic caused her eyes to widen, unable to tell in the dark if the girl was dead or alive. She quickly rolled the girl on her side and placed her head against Kelsey's chest. Faintly the sound of her raspy breath broke through the backdrop of the forest indicating life.

Victoria launched herself to stand, and began to shout. "Bliss!... Bliss!.... Bliss!"

OOC: I understand Bliss. Normally I would never control the actions of others either. I didn't know how long this search was supposed to continue. I figured Abi would want to post again eventually. Anyway Bliss, the ball is in your court. Who do you want to lift? :D (Victoria hasn't noticed Coal yet.)

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC

You don't have the continue this for too much longer. In fact, you can wrap it up in the next couple posts if you want.

Back