• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Desktop Sidebar won't Uninstall?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hi guys, I've been scouring the internet for possible answers for my problem, but i haven't found any help.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to remove unwanted programs that don't seem to go away. For some reason there's a news.net sidebar that's installed on my homepage, and it updates every couple of minutes - I'm pretty sure it's chewing up my bandwidth.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop it/remove it from my computer?

I can get a screenshot if needed, thanks!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ouch, toolbars like that are the worst! There's an easy way to uninstall it from Windows, but I wanted to be sure what OS you're on before I proceed. ;) No need for a screenie since I've been through this with my dad. xD

If it's from Windows: Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program > Find the program you want to uninstall > Click "uninstall" above.

Years
Are you talking about gadgets? if it's one of those windows desktop sidebar gadgets, then you can disable those completely by downloading this fixit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719662

If it is indeed a Windows gadget you're talking about, then Microsoft urges its customers to disable those for reasons explained in the link above

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Which solution worked for you Impo? Just so we can know for future support.

Back