• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #3

The second sidequest sounds really interesting. :3
I like that you're using the shading; your maps look a lot better now. And the new worldmap is pretty cool too. :3

Keep it up; I can't wait for the beta. ;)
Thanks, you won't be disappointed.

Hey, a note of advice: For the second minigame, make pokemon like Shuppet and Baltoy available. Psychic/Ghost pokemon that will evolve into super powerful pokemon.
I've already decided on which Pokemon will be available for the second minigame. Shuppet is one of them, Baltoy is not.
where is the download link? this game looks amazing and the creator looks promising. and am i able to put this on my phone? i have gameboid.
The download link is attached to the first post. I'm not sure if you can play this on gameboid. I made this game strictly with VBA in mind, as such it has been play tested using VBA.
Aww it sucks that requeim couldn't make it, I was looking foward to it, oh well this looks awesome too, good luck with it, oh and one question, how much Pokemon are going to be available in the first beta?
I don't know how many pokemon will be in the first beta, I don't count. The beta goes up to the fourth gym, so I assume at least more than 50 will be available. I'll try to do a count before I release the beta.
A good hack with okay scripting, although it's strage in some places and I've noticed a lot of errors.

I'll write them down later and VM you. xx

Once again, Good hack. x
That would be helpful I guess. Be sure to specify whether you're using VBA or not and exactly how these errors occured. Please and thank you.
Ow how annoying XD
I can't exit the pokémon center
And I have no idea what the town is called lol

I just fought ace after coming back from that forest with Green
And went all the way east until I came to the next town
But now well, I'm stuck in the pokémon center XD

And I wrote stated inside the pokémon center too
Sigh
So now I'm stuck :P

Anyway other than that I really like the game lol
I'm really looking forward to the beta
Yeah I did notice that, don't enter then Emerald Town Pokemon Center. The warp is there but on a different walking level than the player is, so it cannot be accessed.

Update:
Okay people, I have noticed a variety of errors. Some were made by me, others were the result of something out of my control. For example, in Emerald Park there are wild Minun available, DO NOT BATTLE THEM! I cannot stress this enough. If they use a damage dealing move the game will just hang there. This is the result of using the DPSS Patch. I don't know how to fix the error so I just decided to reboot, and not use the DPSS patch. Now I've known about this error for about a week or so now and the reboot has already happened. But to be clear, the reboot will not affect the release of the beta. I spent the last few days backing up all of the data from the original rom into my backup. As an apology to everyone who played the alpha and experienced weirdness in it, I would like to announce that in the next few weeks I will be releasing another Alpha, this one will fix all of the bugs in the current alpha. Also as a bonus, I've decided to announce yet another Mystery Gift event. This one is more advanced than the first. Details below.
Spoiler:

Conclusion:
I'm aware of all the bugs, the hack has already been restarted, I should reach the point where I was last soon enough, the alpha will be out soon, with the a new mysterygift event, the beta will be out June 20th.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
i downloaded the game and when i try to open it up on VBA this is what i get...

no image found on ZIP file C: \Documents and settings\owner\my documents\downloads\pokemon shattered dreams.zip

and then after that i get this message...

unsupported file type: C: \documents and settings\owner\my documents\downloads\pokemon shattered dreams.zip

any solutions? ill wait patiently.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
i downloaded the game and when i try to open it up on VBA this is what i get...

no image found on ZIP file C: \Documents and settings\owner\my documents\downloads\pokemon shattered dreams.zip

and then after that i get this message...

unsupported file type: C: \documents and settings\owner\my documents\downloads\pokemon shattered dreams.zip

any solutions? ill wait patiently.

The ZIP file ISN'T the ROM, it holds the ips patch, which you need to patch onto a clean FireRed ROM. Unzip it using WinRAR, and then follow these instructions: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Will the new alpha be compatible with the current alpha? I don't want to lose my birthday ticket :P

I just barely played enough of it to get the ticket, but it seemed very detailed and well thought-out. Best of luck with future releases.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Will the new alpha be compatible with the current alpha? I don't want to lose my birthday ticket :P

I just barely played enough of it to get the ticket, but it seemed very detailed and well thought-out. Best of luck with future releases.
Yes, I plan to make the new alpha as compatible as possible that way no one loses their Winter Tickets. If that doesn't pan out I'll just have to re-release it.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
did i miss out on the eggsiting mystery? there isnt a guy in the pokecenter that gives me an egg. and im stuck at mozilla city. i beat the gym leader and now i cant find out where to go because the guy inside the building tells me that i cant go threw.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
did i miss out on the eggsiting mystery? there isnt a guy in the pokecenter that gives me an egg. and im stuck at mozilla city. i beat the gym leader and now i cant find out where to go because the guy inside the building tells me that i cant go threw.
The Eggciting Mystery will be out in a few weeks. After Mozilla City you're supposed to battle your rival and then follow him to Witchville Forest.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
ok got it. btw i got it to play on gameboid and it works perfectly ( :

im having the same problem as Meri-tje. im stuck inside the pokecenter at emerald town. i cant get out lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
looks awesome cant wait for the beta also when i downloaded the alpha i couldnt find a guy in the mozilla pokemon center giving away an egg?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #4

looks awesome cant wait for the beta also when i downloaded the alpha i couldnt find a guy in the mozilla pokemon center giving away an egg?
That event isn't out yet. Please refer to the bottom of this post for more information.

Update
First off, I want to apologize for my lack of updates in the thread. It's finals week at my college so I haven't had time to update the thread, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on this thread. I've even gotten to about the same place I was before finding the Minun glitch, so here we go:

1. First things first, in reference to the event The Eggciting Mystery, that I promised to release to make up for the buggy alpha, I've decided to postpone that event. It is still in the game, it's just not gonna be out yet. I don't know when I'm going to release it just know that it's done and just waiting to be activated.

Instead I'm releasing a different event. This one is called The Eggcellent Togepi. It's not as super awesome as The Eggciting Mystery but it's still pretty cool, imo. The event will be out May 30th 2011. This is also the release date for the updated alpha, just 21 days before the official 1st beta. The event is activated in Embark Town. Just go to the PokeMart and you'll find a deliveryman [they wear a green uniform] who will announce that you've got a brand new Mystery Gift. The Togepi is Lv. 5 and has three special moves. Along with Metronome The Togepi also knows Softboiled, Egg Bomb, and Refresh. And on that note I'll transition into my 2nd point.

2. Mystery Gift Events. I'm trying to emualte the 4th Gen as much as possible with this hack. As such the mystery gifts will work in a similar manner. First off Gift Pokemon will all be given the catch location "Mystery Event". This way the game will be able to recognize whether or not a Pokemon was truly obtained in an event or was obtained via cheating/gamesharking. Also all gift pokemon will be given to you in a Luxury Ball. This way they grow happy very quickly.

There are also events that get you items, as seen with the birthday event. These items activate events in the game that you normally couldn't activate. Also some mystery gifts activate events minus the items. Be on the lookout for many events. I have a whole page of them!

3.Micro-tutors. These are move tutors that deal with more exclusive moves. For example one tutor is there simply to teach Persian Pay Day. Another tutor is there to teach Volt Tackle. As they are not major Move Tutors they don't charge rare items, just a small fee. With the release of the beta I'll package a document showing the available micro-tutors and also a list of the mystery gift events available in the beta.

Conclusion
The beta will be out on the 20th of June, expect more updates to come in the following weeks.

~QM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I think I commented here before, but I just want to say that I really appreciate the amount of meticulousness and planning you're putting into this. It's nice to see.

marcc5m

what
Years
Tbh I think this is one of the best hacks in this section atm. I love hacks that have a lot of sidequests and mini-games. The seasons and such are a nice feature, as well as the Mystery Gifts. The tiles look good really good in this, even though FireRed tiles are pretty much overused these days. Good luck, and I hope to see some more of this hack :)

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Even then the tilesets aren't really overused at all, because everyone wants the D/P tilesets more. It really is the best hack on here... I think I'm nominating it for HotM. What do you guys think?

Also, spritingspritingspriting! There's a new contest on SmackJeeves coming up and I need all the practice I can get... so requests will make me a happy camper dude.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #5

I think I commented here before, but I just want to say that I really appreciate the amount of meticulousness and planning you're putting into this. It's nice to see.
Thanks, I plan to make this hack one of the greatest and planning is the way to do it.
Tbh I think this is the best hack in this section atm. I love hacks that have a lot of sidequests and mini-games. The seasons and such are a nice feature, as well as the Mystery Gifts. The tiles look good really good in this, even though FireRed tiles are pretty much overused these days. Good luck, and I hope to see some more of this hack :)
One of the best? That's such a huge compliment. Don't worry, there is more Shattered Dreams to come.
Even then the tilesets aren't really overused at all, because everyone wants the D/P tilesets more. It really is the best hack on here... I think I'm nominating it for HotM. What do you guys think?

Also, spritingspritingspriting! There's a new contest on SmackJeeves coming up and I need all the practice I can get... so requests will make me a happy camper dude.
Again, thanks for the huge compleiment. I'll PM you when I need some more sprites.

Updates:
Thanks everyone for the huge ammount of support. A reminder that the updated alpha will be out 05.30.11 following the beta release on the 20th of June. I apologized that I just got around to taking some screenshots. I've been extremely focused on finishing up finals. But I've taken a a few screenshots of the new mystery gift The Eggcellent Togepi. This mystery event will only last one day, so on the day of the release is the day you should go get the Mystery Gift. One thing you'll notice is that I changed the ball in which Togepi is given to you. I originally announced that Myster Gift pokemon would be given to you in Luxury Balls. But instead I decided Premier Balls were better, that way Luxury Balls can be obtained in game. That also means Premier Balls cannot be obtained throughout normal gameplay. Like the Cherish Ball of Gen IV & Gen V the Premier Ball is strrictly for event Pokemon. One could say this is another way for the game to identify whether or not an event Pokemon is legitamate. Also, for reason I can't be annoyed to reveal, in order for this event to work, you have to have ONLY one Pokemon with you. Since this event is early in the game I figure this shouldn't be too much of an issue. In the furture some events will require that you have exactly 5 pokemon. Small price to pay for the gifts you get.
Also I took drew6464's advice and resprited the hero. He looks proportional to me now. Also the hero[ine] have new official names. They are Conan and Claire. Which I think are better than Ace & Ariel. Uhm.. I think that's all I have to say. So here are the screens.

Screenshots:
Conan.png
Claire.png

MysteryGift2.png
MysteryGift.png

EggcellentTogepi1.png
EggcellentTogepi2.png

Conclusion:
The Togepi in the screenshot doesn't have a number because I forgot to activate the national dex in the save file I was using. In game it will have a normal number, like every other Togepi in the game. I've just about said all I need to say, so yeah. Til next time.

~QM

Last edited:

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
stoppin by to say its looking really great! playing it right now and idk if you know this or not but all the buildings in emerald town are locked and u can not get in them. except the pokecenter but once you go in theres no goin out lol. keep up the good work! cant wait for the new alpha/beta.

p.s. no matter what he should use or what he uses, i think the game will look great.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Uhh... your hack is great and all, but don't you think
that it is bad to make release dates?
Nope, I'm usually really good about release dates. The only release date I ever failed to meet was for Requiem but by that time I was in the process of starting this. I only give release dates because I know I'll be able to meet them. It's also a good way to motivate myself.

stoppin by to say its looking really great! playing it right now and idk if you know this or not but all the buildings in emerald town are locked and u can not get in them. except the pokecenter but once you go in theres no goin out lol. keep up the good work! cant wait for the new alpha/beta.

p.s. no matter what he should use or what he uses, i think the game will look great.
That was done intentionally. I really needed the game out on April 17th and I didn't have time to script the inside of all of the houses. So instead of some of the houses having scripts I decided to lock them all. Hence why I'll be releasing an Updated Alpha.

Last edited:

Saten Ruiko

» ^-^
Years
Heya, just wanted to give some feedback. Well, the story is generic, mostly stuff you already know from other hacks or the official games, but in a good way. I like the idea with those sidequests, it's fun to discover stuff like hidden items or cool rewards. Then, try to get better graphics for your thread. Those userbars instead of headlines/logos are weird, just my opinion. Last thing i noticed, the first screenshot looks somehow odd. Is that snow at night? Those colors are to bright, try to adjust them if you like to.

Anyway, keep your work up and sorry for my bad english.

-

And the first screenshot isn't of snow at all. It's actually lightning from a thunderstorm, I just happened to catch the screenshot directly as lightning struck haha.
Ok, nevermind ;D

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Heya, just wanted to give some feedback. Well, the story is generic, mostly stuff you already know from other hacks or the official games, but in a good way. I like the idea with those sidequests, it's fun to discover stuff like hidden items or cool rewards. Then, try to get better graphics for your thread. Those userbars instead of headlines/logos are weird, just my opinion. Last thing i noticed, the first screenshot looks somehow odd. Is that snow at night? Those colors are to bright, try to adjust them if you like to.

Anyway, keep your work up and sorry for my bad english.
The look of the thread doesn't interest me enough for me to change anything. I've been using the same layout since 2008=P And the first screenshot isn't of snow at all. It's actually lightning from a thunderstorm, I just happened to catch the screenshot directly as lightning struck haha.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Mini-Update #1

Sorry for the lack of screenshots guys, it's just that this past week was finals week. But now my freshman year of college is officially over! There will be an update coming Friday with screens and new info but I just wanted to post this mini update to change some things about the event.

1. I had previously stated that the release for the alpha and the Togepi event would be May 30th. I was wrong. I have it written in my documents as being released on the 30th but the scripts in game align with a release for the 31st. So I can do one of two things. Delay the Alpha 1 day so that everyone can get the Eggcellent Togepi event on the day of the release or option 2 is to release the alpha on the 30th and remind people to go back for the event on the 31st. Either way the alpha will be ready by the 27th so it can be released on either of the two aforementioned days.

2. I also previously stated that the Togepi Event required that you only have one Pokemon in your team to activate it. This is no longer the case. You can have any number but 6.

That's pretty much it, I'm going to bed now, and more news to come later.

~QM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back