• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Won't spoil that but I will say there's going to be a lot of enemies and a lot of confrontations with many new bad guys and bad guys a lot of you will be familiar with. The hack's going to be really huge. I believe after playing Dark Rising 1 in 4 days, you're gonna be really excited to see what happens next to all of the characters. The last battles of the hack are going to be very different from anything you've ever faced in a Pokemon game. You won't see the epic ending that easy lol.

I just can't wait for the next beta..
btw i need your suggestion..my current sav file contains around 10 bag eggs,i don't use cheats/codes but still i got those..so should i start afresh when the new beta arrives or continue with my sav file??
(ps- i love my 89 lvl garchomp..)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Very cool, I'm excited for the sequel :)
But why is Cynthias OW so big? And also those green logs look weird and there placed un-naturally.

Thanks! Yeah I'm still working on a resized Cynthia and the tiles are also still being worked on. Still trying to get all of the graphics right and everything for it.

I went to check the thing were you see all your badges, pokedollars etc...
And the game crashed, the screen just went black. Has this happend to you too?

That'll be fixed in the complete version. It took awhile, but we finally got it fixed.

I just can't wait for the next beta..
btw i need your suggestion..my current sav file contains around 10 bag eggs,i don't use cheats/codes but still i got those..so should i start afresh when the new beta arrives or continue with my sav file??
(ps- i love my 89 lvl garchomp..)

The bad eggs won't do anything to damage your file (Not that I know of anyway) so you can keep your lv 89 Garchomp(Amazed you got it that high in one beta lol). BUT, there is a cool optional event near one of the first cities you passed by in the full version. So it's up to you if you want to start over or not.

Idk if anyone notices or not but Cynthia's OW in DR 2 dosen't fit actually it looks kinda weird if ya ask me

Yep, I just explained that I'm currently trying to resized her. It shouldn't be that difficult. I'll be fixed when the thread is up for the hack.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Soooo... I was thinking...Since we're all pretty much still alive, why not celebrate it in some way? Let's see...What could I possibly do to celebrate this day? How Bout...
I announce that Dark Rising 1 WILL be uploaded within the next 24 hours? Let's totally forget the Christmas release date and have an early Christmas present! Between Now-Tomorrow, expect Dark Rising the full completed hack, to be uploaded.
It's been nearly 4 months since Beta 1 was released. It's time to relive Dark Rising and playthrough the first chapter in the series. Most important, it's time to relive the friendly rivalry between You & Kaz;

5k2bso.png

The countdown's over! Now, it's time to be ready for a release any minute!

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
wow.. the wait is finally over.. congratulation DRG for finishing Pokemon Dark Rising 1.. hopefully i can continue my journey sometime next year.. best of luck and more power..

Last edited:
Years
yes this game makes easier I play this and I quit because my oponent lvl is much higher than me and I only train salamance i dont have any pokemon to train

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
I actually talked about that Beta 2 not one so I think you misunderstood because I always think about the wanna be released beta a Beta 2
Well, I think you misunderstood again. What I meant to say was DarkRisingGirl was talking about Dark Rising 2 when she said she still has to fix the overworlds and tiles.
Just to clear this out when you typed:
I am quite amazed you are releasing the Beta sooner than expected. I would advise you to cancel the release for now and fix those O/W Sprites and tiles you were saying earlier.
DRG said that the Overworld Sprites and Tiles are for Dark Rising 2 not 1. Beta 2 will will not be Dark Rising 2 but the other half of Dark Rising 1.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Soooo... I was thinking...Since we're all pretty much still alive, why not celebrate it in some way? Let's see...What could I possibly do to celebrate this day? How Bout...
I announce that Dark Rising 1 WILL be uploaded within the next 24 hours? Let's totally forget the Christmas release date and have an early Christmas present! Between Now-Tomorrow, expect Dark Rising the full completed hack, to be uploaded.
It's been nearly 4 months since Beta 1 was released. It's time to relive Dark Rising and playthrough the first chapter in the series. Most important, it's time to relive the friendly rivalry between You & Kaz;
The countdown's over! Now, it's time to be ready for a release any minute!
Hey thanks for your suggestion earlier..I can't wait for beta 2 now,its good that it will be out any minute now..
one bug that i had in beta 1 but i didnt report,im sorry for that,in beta 1 all the scripts were running more than once,for example,in aroma town i got a victini in a house but when i entered the house second time i got victini again,so i had two victini(s)..another example would be that when you battle pete at the end of beta 1 if go there again you get to battle pete again & again..so i hope you got my description of bug..:)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I'll be releasing it sometime within the next 9 hours. Before I do, I want to mostly thank Tajaros and Hinkage for taking their time out to do some of the scripts I could not. I learned a lot from them and couldn't have completed the hack without them. Thanks also go out to everyone in the credits section because every little bit counts. And last, thanks to everyone who supports and plays the hack. It feels good to create something I always wanted to do and have people enjoy it.

Now, on to the errors you guys will encounter lol. Don't worry, there's only a few.

1. 2 people in Numassity City appear to have the same scripts.

2.The bonding scripts I was hoping for didn't make the hack, sorry guys. But don't worry, all of the legendaries are still in. You'll just have to battle and capture them by normal means.

3. For those hoping to face Adrian and his impossible to beat Shadow Lugia early on in the hack will be disappointed that we couldn't get the correct script to work. You'll still face Adrian early, but he won't have his Shadow Lugia until the end.

4.It's not really an error, but if you're facing a specific legendary Pokemon and it's sprite disappears, please let me know. There's a certain one in the hack I'm not gonna spoil that, for some reason, it's sprite disappeared on me. I believe I fixed it though and it hasen't happened again since.

ALL of these scripts will be fixed and edited in a further update and do not stop your gameplay at all.

I've completed a good portion of Dark Rising 2, so that will be on hold so I can fix any other errors you guys encounter right away.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone. I'll be releasing the hack sometime tonight. I got a little bit distracted cause after I finish my final today(Woohoo!) My mom decided to take me shopping as a congratulations and I was in the stores for awhile ^.^. BUT, have no fears, It'll be released very soon in a couple hours. All that's left is to set up one more battle pretty much and that's it.

EDIT: The Final List of Wild Pokemon in each specific area is now uploaded to the main post. Be sure to check it out if you're starting over(Recommended) and want to make a new team. In addition to the newer places in the hack, there has been slight changes to some of the wild Pokemon in the first locations such as Drillbur in Mainland Cave now instead of Patrat(What was I thinking?) Remember, the list does not included the 16 Legendary Pokemon you can obtain in the hack. You'll have to find their locations on your own or they will occur within the storyline.
14b2lao.png

In 2 Hours the hack will be uploaded.

Last edited:

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
So I saw your "secret" edit of the main post..what is it?!?!! and ha I'm liking the new pokemon locations :D Buuut :'( where is the beta! Haha!

One more hour?

Years
Can't wait to lay the smackdown on the game, but I do feel the need to ask though, were the elemental punches physical or special moves without the physical/special split, if it's special can someone please tell me what I should replace with Conkeldur's Payback, also, DRG, if u r planning on giving Close Combat in Beta 2, would u consider replacing Thrash with it. Another bug , is that after I beat Kayo or that Silver look alike guy, for the final time in the beta, u know the cave where Pete dissapears to, for some reason, I can't get through the cave meaning that I can't even enter it, so I couldn't fight evil Pete T-T . Last question, r u still considering putting The Magician's intro theme from the House of the Dead II in Beta 2? Sorry for the continuous questions I wanna let out what I have been meaning to ask u all along. Sorry :(

Back