• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sorry, I'm finished with the game's storyline, so I can go literally anywere in Pokemon Black.

I also recommend battling the Trainers in Big Stadium/Small Court if you need extra training. Cheren can also be battled at Victory Road every day, you can also battle Bianca in Nuvema Town on weekends after you beat the Elite Four a second time.

And also just like DragonOmega said, fighting wild Audino at Giant Chasm can also help you train your Pokemon.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Scrafty breeding problem

My friend had a scrafty who knew both dragon dance and drain punch. He doesn't hack Pokemon and I know both moves can be bred onto scrafty, but from different fathers and I don't think any of the fathers can learn the other move. How is that possible? He moved away before I got a chance to ask him.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
A male Smeargle that knows Dragon Dance and Drain Punch breeds with a female Scrappy/Scrafty and voila! n_n

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2012
Complete noob! Help!

Hey guys. I loved pokemon seasons and games upto Hoenn and then it turned into 734737437 new pokemons and I lost track and stopped watching since there are so many.

Recently I bought a DSI XL so I can play pokemon. It seems that nintendo are shoving new 8324828 amounts of new pokemon down our necks and we have to accept that I guess.

I want to play pokemon Black and hite but I got no clue about the pokemon.

Please guide me about what sort of pokemon are good etc

I am a pro at pokemon upto Hoenn. Know everything about them. Types, stats, attacks, evoloutions and everthing.

This new gen I dont know anything about

Guide me plesae D:

Dont just link me to the bulbapedia pokedex -.-

Wild Entei

One does not simply stalk me..
Years
People usually put the starters in PC when they get better pokemon.I really like Galvantula,Haxorus,Kyurem.Galvantula is a strong electric type pokemon and Haxorus a dragon type one.That's all i can say.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Tepig is a pretty good starter in my opinion, though Oshawott is good too. I suggest catching Pokemon like Darumaka (A really powerful fire type) Petilil (May not be your cup of tea, as it is a grass type, but it gets Own Tempo + Petal Dance once it evolves.) Axew (A super powerful dragon type that's awesome in game once it evolves) Rufflet (I suggest egg trading at the start of your game, as you don't get it until right before Victory Road) and Zorua (A pretty good Dark type. Though, see if you can egg trade it with Dark Pulse, because it has better Sp. Attack then Normal Attack.) That's all I can say without taking too much space, I suggest going to http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
and looking at the Black White Pokedex.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Seargle trouble

I am trying to teach Smeargle dragon dance and drain punch to breed in Pokemon Black and I can't get Smeargle to learn a second sketch. I already taught it dragon dance but when it passed level 31, where it was to supposed to learn another sketch, it just replaced dragon dance with sketch. Help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys. I loved pokemon seasons and games upto Hoenn and then it turned into 734737437 new pokemons and I lost track and stopped watching since there are so many.
It's actually 734737437 - 734736788 but oh well...

Even though you don't want to look at Pokédex, it's the best way ;)
You know... it's best to carefully choose the Pokémon you use :)
Once you do that, they will surely be your favorites =)

Years

Recently I bought a DSI XL so I can play pokemon. It seems that nintendo are shoving new 8324828 amounts of new pokemon down our necks and we have to accept that I guess.

I want to play pokemon Black and hite but I got no clue about the pokemon.

Please guide me about what sort of pokemon are good etc

I am a pro at pokemon upto Hoenn. Know everything about them. Types, stats, attacks, evoloutions and everthing.

This new gen I dont know anything about

Guide me plesae D:

May I come up with some good Pokemon to use in Black & White?

For a Fire-type, great options are Darmanitan for a Physical attacker or Chandelure for a Special attacker. Darmanitan (which starts as Darumaka) hits really hard due to its Sheer Force ability (Hustle as Darumaka) and man, Fire Punch hits extremely hard. Darmanitan also gets the Sheer Force from moves like Fire Fang and Flare Blitz.

You can catch Litwick (Chandelure's lowest stage) at Celestial Tower, so sometime around the 6th Badge. Litwick has pitiful Speed so you might have to give it an Exp. Share until it evolves into Lampent at Level 41. If you have a Dusk Stone, you can evolve Lampent into Chandelure. Chandelure has extremely high Special Attack (it actually has the highest Special Attack of all non-Legendaries) and it gets good Special-based attacks like Flame Burst and Shadow Ball. I definitely recommend it cos I used one in my Black playthrough and it never disappointed me.

Frillish is a good choice for a Water-type if you don't start with Oshawott. You can catch them in Driftveil City/Route 17 & 18 once you have Surf (after you win your 6th Badge). It's really good once it evolves into Jellicent, it has good defensive stats and HP, and pretty good Special Attack as well.

Lilligant is a great option for a Grass-type (starts as Petilil). They might be White exclusive, although if you're playing Black you can talk to a Lass in Nacrene City to trade your Cottonee for a Petilil. This special one comes with perfect Special Attack IVs and a Modest nature, meaning it will hit hard. Evolve Petilil with a Sun Stone at 26 and no later so that Lilligant can learn Quiver Dance. With Quiver Dance, Lilligant will start to become a sweeper on the Special-based spectrum, Petal Dance is also a must if you get one with Own Tempo.

I also recommend Scraggy, cos it gets awesome attacks at low levels (like Brick Break and Hi Jump Kick) and it can take hits pretty well. It may take a long time to evolve (Level 39) but at least its learned moves make up for that. Once it becomes Scrafty, it can hit really hard. Even better if you get one with the Moxie ability, which raises Scrafty's Attack stat when it knocks out an opponent's Pokemon. It can learn some good TMs too, with loads of great Physical-based attacks. Plus it is weak to only Flying and Fighting-type attacks, which means it isn't too heavy on weaknesses.

Drilbur (which you can find in dust clouds in most caves) is awesome to use if you need a strong Ground-type. At Level 31, it evolves into the mighty Excadrill. Excadrill has a ton of Attack and learns great Physical-based attacks that will hit very hard not to mention it gets moves like Hone Claws and Swords Dance which boost its already-high Attack stat. Being part Steel, it has a good amount of resistances not to mention it learns Earthquake shortly after evolving (Level 36) which is great since the TM is not available until the post-game. I highly recommend Excadrill.

As mentioned above, Axew is a great option for a Dragon-type cos it hits extremely hard once it becomes Haxorus. It gets moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance which boost its potency, not to mention all the great attacks they get. Try and go for the ones with Mold Breaker cos Rivalry is plain useless.

Sigilyph, which you can find in the Desert Resort is a great option for a Psychic-type. Sigilyph has good stats in everything except Attack, but that won't matter since you'll want it to focus on Special-based attacks. It gets good moves like Psychic and Air Slash. It has some good support moves too including Cosmic Power, Reflect and Light Screen. It's also a good Flying-type to use as well. Definitely go for one with Magic Guard.

Years
There is a triple Porygon event on the pokemon gl now. They said you can find the porygon c-gear password at pokemon.com and the password to befriend porygon at IGN. But I can't seem to find them. Anyone know the password to it?

By the way, I can't find it on the net because it's just available today. And it's not the Japanese event which ended some time ago

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2013
Pokegen legal help

I have been trying for about 2 days now to make my pokemon legal for wi-fi battles. My team is:

Ferrothorn, Ability: iron barbs. Moves: Spikes, Stealth Rock, Iron Head, Ingrain

Blissey, Ability: Natural Cure. Moves: Egg Bombs, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, Work up

Flygon, Ability: Levitate. Moves: U-turn, Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Incinerate

Luxray, Ability: Intimidate. Moves: Substitute, Toxic, Roar, Wild Charge

Politoed, Ability: Water Absorb. Moves: Brick Break, Echoed Voice, Scald, Ice Beam

Scizor, Ability: Technician. Moves: Agility, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Hidden Power (Water)

I dont know my secret ID, is that maybe it?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
just wondering how do you get to anville town i beat the elite four once nd have gone everywhere but there.

You have to take one of the Battle Subway Trains (the brown I think) in Nimbasa City. You don't need to battle anyone though.

There is a triple Porygon event on the pokemon gl now. They said you can find the porygon c-gear password at pokemon.com and the password to befriend porygon at IGN. But I can't seem to find them. Anyone know the password to it?

By the way, I can't find it on the net because it's just available today. And it's not the Japanese event which ended some time ago

The passwords are IGNPORYGON and PORYZCGEAR2012.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
Trade related question!

I just got Black the other day. I've had White since it came out. This is the first time in God knows how long that I have two Pokémon games of the same generation at the same time. I've just started my journey, so I can't test this out, but I'm wondering it anyway. After I get the trio badge and can actually trade, can I send my team to my White version, level them a little bit so that the game proceeds quicker and more people are at Black City, and then send my team back to Black without requiring additional gym badges for them to obey me?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Trade related question!

I just got Black the other day. I've had White since it came out. This is the first time in God knows how long that I have two Pokémon games of the same generation at the same time. I've just started my journey, so I can't test this out, but I'm wondering it anyway. After I get the trio badge and can actually trade, can I send my team to my White version, level them a little bit so that the game proceeds quicker and more people are at Black City, and then send my team back to Black without requiring additional gym badges for them to obey me?

All Pokemon received in any trades require an x amount of badges before it will obey its trainer. Depending on the level of your Pokemon in White, if you trade them to Black you'll need an a certain amount of badges if you need them to obey you. If you plan on getting to Black City, then you may need to get all 8 badges and if you plan on doing that using Pokemon from White version whom are no doubt at way higher levels, then you're going to have a tough time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
All Pokemon received in any trades require an x amount of badges before it will obey its trainer. Depending on the level of your Pokemon in White, if you trade them to Black you'll need an a certain amount of badges if you need them to obey you. If you plan on getting to Black City, then you may need to get all 8 badges and if you plan on doing that using Pokemon from White version whom are no doubt at way higher levels, then you're going to have a tough time.
Thanks for the speedy reply, but...that wasn't what I wanted to do. I already know that if I did that method it wouldn't work. What I wanted to do was trade my Pokémon I have in Black to White, train them in White to a higher level (just slapping them in the Elite Four with an Exp Share or something) and then trade them back to Black. I know when you trade / trade back a Pokémon, it gives a welcome back message to the Pokémon of some sort, so I figured it would see that, hey, this little guy was caught by the trainer that it's being traded back to now, and it wouldn't require the badge because of that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Thanks for the speedy reply, but...that wasn't what I wanted to do. I already know that if I did that method it wouldn't work. What I wanted to do was trade my Pokémon I have in Black to White, train them in White to a higher level (just slapping them in the Elite Four with an Exp Share or something) and then trade them back to Black. I know when you trade / trade back a Pokémon, it gives a welcome back message to the Pokémon of some sort, so I figured it would see that, hey, this little guy was caught by the trainer that it's being traded back to now, and it wouldn't require the badge because of that.

I see, but sadly the rules still apply. I've done it myself once back in Gen III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back