• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pendulum announce split

Years
OMG! I was not expecting this.

They did such awesome music. Wait 'til Tyler and ShadowExcadrill hear about this.

TY

I've been into them since 2005... and i still like their music

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well that sucks. One of my favorite bands. :( WELL we have good albums to go back to at least. They've left their mark.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Pendulum were my 9-14 year old childhood ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
NOOOOOOO.

Although I feel like they were on their way out, this is a real shame. I knew they were never gonna go back to their old days as in Hold Your Colour era, but still, that sucks hard. And while I don't really dislike Knife Party too much, it doesn't hold a candle to Pendulum imo.

Years
I'm a sad, sad Gira. One of the few bands who always got it right (for me), it's a shame for them to have made it official (though it was pretty clear it was going to happen eventually- I just wasn't ready :( ).
On the other hand, I like Knife Party a lot, so it's not ALL bad. Still pretty bad, though. :(

Years
Glad everyone feels the same about this, it is very sad to see them go! :(

I made sure I had all the albums on my phone last night, so I could play them back to back! :(​

TY

I really loved the Hold your Colour songs, i almost have em all...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
W-WHAT? And here I was waiting for a new album. And I missed out on seeing them live too!

SDJFKSNDFKLJSNGKJSFKJNFSDKFMS DISAPPOINT.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Not the biggest D&B fan, but it's really sad to hear that Pendulum have split up. Really great band. My favorite song is probably Witchcraft, though I've yet to listen to more of them.

Years
Pendulum are probably my favourite DnB artist and I really like the genre, so this was pretty big news.

My favourite song is probably Watercolour because that introduced me. I also really like Hold Your Colour's title track.

Knife Party is nothing in comparison.

Years
No, I loved Pendulum, so sad that they're splitting. I would have loved a last big tune from them, though...

Their songs were amazing, my favourites were Watercolour and Witchcraft.

droomph

weeb
Years
HAHA GREAT NOW I HAVE MOAR KNIFE PARTY. MWAHAHAHA

Although I did like their "Immersion" album. But that's pretty much all I know about them - Knife Party and Immersion. I'm lame I know

edit: fave song? The Island Pt. I & II. :D Wub.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Streamline please. It's a shame that most people only really know their stuff from In Silico or Immersion because imho they were reallllly at their best before then.

...there's no real wub in those songs iirc. Or most Pendulum stuff. Idk why just "wub" is considered the make or break of music anyway lol.

droomph

weeb
Years
...there's no real wub in those songs iirc. Or most Pendulum stuff. Idk why just "wub" is considered the make or break of music anyway lol.
I know. But Pt. II has them about 8 bars in, and it's probably why nobody thinks of the second song and there's no publicity for it. It's not the only reason I like it (it would be really sad if it was) - it's only the reason I found about the album, it has a lot of other aspects that makes it awesome. I don't listen to them that much but when I do it's usually something that I find at least decent
Streamline please. It's a shame that most people only really know their stuff from In Silico or Immersion because imho they were reallllly at their best before then.
Well, maybe we'll get into them later, right? It's the same for Daft Punk - I found out about Discovery first, then I slowly downloaded their other albums. It's the same here, it's just that they never have gotten the main spotlight, though they were famous. And now that they have Knife Party, it's not like the other dead bands who you can't get any new songs from.

Last edited:
Back