• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
So I just watched Summer Wars, also watching Hyoka.

As for manga, I am still reading Again!!, those chapters are long wait...

Years
right now I am watching

Darker than Black: Gemini of the Metoer - (up to episode 12) I honestly would have finished it by now but I'm putting off watching the last episode.

Shakugan no Shana - (up to episode 7) I'm really enjoying this so far but progress is slow because I agreed to watch it with my sister.

Fate Stay/Night - (Up to episode 23) this is an awesome anime with a great premise. I'm going to watch its prequel soon also.

Ro-Kyu-Bu - (Up to episode 11). Another one I'd be done with sooner but it gets put back in preference of action anime. I like the story and the characters - although the way anime puts fanservice into shows about kids can be kinda weird to get used to.

Shingeki no Kyojin - (Up to episode 12) I can't wait for episode 13, this is a great anime and is taking a really unexpected direction.

Naruto: Shippuden - (Up to episode 318) Now that the fillers seem to be mostly passed for the time being, or at least getting closer to finishing, things are starting to get quite interesting - especially as the conclusion draws closer and closer.

Chaos;Head - (Up to episode 2) I'm intrigued by this anime but it keeps coming second to others in priority.

High School of the Dead - (Up to episode 3) The premise is cool and everyone loves a good zombie apocalypse but quite frankly this anime could have been so much better. I might end up dropping it completely.

Recently finished
Kokoro Connect - This is an amazing anime and it ended perfectly. That being said I wish the controversy hadn't occurred so it had gone on. I'll be starting the light novel series in the near future.

Soon to Watch

Clannad - This looks great :D

Higurashi no naku Koro ni: insert what ever word is added to the movie/OVa coming out here - I cannot wait for this.

Fate Zero - Because it will answer all the questions posed by Stay/Night and because it looks to be just as awesome.

Guilty Crown - Because it looks good, although it is secondary to other things I want to watch I think.

Another - This just looks amazing. I love the chilling sound it has and I'm hoping it can compare to the other front runners of its genre.

Karneval - Another one that looks interesting but will possibly fall behind others in priority.

any suggestions for additions or subtractions from my list? xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
So I started reading the SKET Dance manga because I heard that the manga's gonna end and I can't wait for the new season to begin. (and the anime skips a lot of the manga)

I also just watched The Girl who Leapt through Time, and admittedly, I cried uncontrollably while watching it when Chiaki suddenly left (around 1 hour mark). So the anime that can make me cry counter is currently on 2. The other anime is SKET Dance of course. Great watch nevertheless.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
XD I LOVE THAT MOVIIE!!!!!!

I didn't cry though! :p And how'd you cry during SKET Dance?

Clannad AS and AnoHana made me tear up a bit XD

Anyways an update on Higurashi! I almost peed myself during the fingernail scene >.<
I also watched chuunibyou which was an alright anime :D

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
Anime:

One Piece
Attack on Titan
Elfen Lied (again)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Manga:
Hunter x Hunter
Getbackers
Ranma 1/2
Inuyasha
Kekkaishi
Banana Fish

I need more to read... ><

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'm following these currently airing series:
Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi / The Sunday Without God
Free!

I am interested in watching these, but I can't find the time to:
Gatchaman Crowds
Danganronpa: The Animation
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Rozen Maiden (2013)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I am currently watching Gin no Saji, Shingeki no Kyojin, Clannad and Bakuman.

For manga, its the usual 2, Again!!! and SKET Dance, still waiting for the chapters to be translated though.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Currently watching Kissxsis. Absolutely love it.

Afterwards, I'm most likely going to start up Kokoro Connect aaaaaand might get around to finishing Sword Art. I have a huge backlog... >.<

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I'm currently watching Nichijou, and I can't stop laughing. Seriously. Looking for other interesting Anime, and I guess that's it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
i currently watching/Reading :

One Piece
Shingeni no Kyojin
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
Toriko
Ao no Exorcist

Years
Reading -
Tough (I swear no one wants to translate the rest of them)
Naruto
Alive - The Final Evolution (Again)
Beelzebub

Watching:
Initial D

I'll have a larger list once I finalize my move, though.

Last edited:

Tsurera

Sculptor
Years
For anime I'm into the Monagatari series (Second season to be specific.) I'm also waiting for the movie, Kisemonogatari to come out.

For manga I'm into Ao no Exorcist/ Blue Exorcist. It's so good. The art is also fantastic.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Reading Vagabond at the moment. It really is a work of art. Both in story and art department. Just superb. Almost 160 chapters in. Then the regular ol One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Breaker new waves and Kuroko's Basket. Though the only ones I follow regularly are OP and Vagabond.

As for anime, I just got my dad's laptop for a day or two yesterday. Watched a few episodes of Baccano! in it. Was interesting. Finished watching Fate/zero. Was pretty awesome.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
reading at the moment:
- Rave (rereading the whole series)
- One Piece
- Fairy Tail
- Naruto (I'm still hoping, that this series comes to an end)
- Berserk (on halt for the moment)

watching:
- Slayers (still have to finish the first season)

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
After so long watching nothing but Pretty Cure (finished Splash Star most recently, now watching Yes! Precure 5, a.k.a. the series the fandom forgot about) I finally have some new anime to watch. Right now, I'm keeping up with the following:

- Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation: I dunno what to make of this...it's beautifully animated, and the characters are as fantastic as they are in the games, but it's taken the worst of Mk.II's 'humour' (the Dogoo scene and CFW Trick) and I have absolutely no idea how it relates to the games...assuming it does. It's all very confusing.

- Rozen Maiden - I've been waiting YEARS for this. It's a bit weird, since it's following the second arc of the manga, but I don't care - it's Rozen Maiden. Plus Kirakishou is in it this time, and I LOVE her design, and how utterly bat**** insane she is. I know how this is going to go, and I am going to love it.

- Daybreak Illusion - I don't like Madoka, and people comparing this to Madoka annoys me, because so far it's been significantly better. The concepts and characters are far more interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

- Fantasista Dolls - I'm watching this for the same reason I watched OniAi: I need a little wackiness in my life. OniAi surprised me a bit with its occasional depth, so maybe this will do the same...I'm an episode behind at the moment.

- DokiDoki Precure - Oh gods, I am LOVING this season. Not a single filler episode - something Precure absolutely loves - and the whole Cure Ace fiasco has been fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with her; since it's not Marie Ange or Regina (and after the whining in the fandom, I cannot put into words how much this pleases me) they have a chance to do something original, for a change. Right now, I'd rank this as my second favourite Precure to date, after Suite.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I just finished watching Digimon Xros Wars, which includes The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms and The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time. THE ENDING WAS EPIC!

Spoiler:

I am still watching Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragonball Z.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Right now I'm into Fairy Tail, manga and anime.
Although just the manga at the moment as the anime is on hiatus.
Rewatching Spice and Wolf.
That's about it. xD

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Finished Deadman Wonderland the second the final chapter came out, so now to fill the hole in my heart I started reading Medaka Box. I also have the first season downloaded for when I get a comfortable distance in the manga.

Aside from that, not much is going on. Sometimes I watch an episode or two of Seitokai Yakuindomo, but the humor isn't hitting me 100%.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Although I finished the anime a while ago, I just can't get enough of Uta no prince-sama (What? It's great :T) and I'm kind of rewatching it with friends who haven't seen the series yet.

I finished the anime of Karneval earlier today and started to read the manga as I got curious about how it continues.

The next anime on my list to start is Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. Just because.

Currently watching:
-Free!! (It's much more than what some people make it out to be.
-Uta no Prince-sama (The songs are so damn catchy)

Currently reading:
- Karneval (Chapter 10)
- Shirayukihime
- Ichi (chapter 34)
- D.Gray-man (still waiting for the next chapter. All the best, Hoshino!)
- Bride of the Water god
- Lady and Butler
- Vampire Knight

(low priority as I can borrow them from a friend or when I buy the volumes of BOTWG)

Back