• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Years
Well, this is my first post in the site.
I made my account only to ask this.
I downloaded Advance Map and I've extracted everything correct. Ok so far.
Problem is, when I open the program, it wouldn't let me choose a language, thus not starting.
After some Googling, I found (don't ask where) some guy saying that I should open it from the .rar file and close it. Then try extracting again.
So I did, and bang. Worked like a charm. But then again, another problem. It's all in German.
I've tried clicking the "Sprache" option, but nothing happens.
I deleted and downloaded it again, but it never asked again to choose the language when first using the program.
When I open it from the .rar file, it is in English. But after I extract the file, it is in German.
What can I do?

EDIT: By the way, I looked up for this here using "German", "English", "Sprache", "Sprachen", etc... and no luck with none. Some posts with the same problems, but I couldn't find a solution.
Can this be a problem with the "enduser.dat" file inside the Ini>Sprachen folders?
And why every time I delete it and redownload it, it won't ask for languages again?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Well, this is my first post in the site.
I made my account only to ask this.
I downloaded Advance Map and I've extracted everything correct. Ok so far.
Problem is, when I open the program, it wouldn't let me choose a language, thus not starting.
After some Googling, I found (don't ask where) some guy saying that I should open it from the .rar file and close it. Then try extracting again.
So I did, and bang. Worked like a charm. But then again, another problem. It's all in German.
I've tried clicking the "Sprache" option, but nothing happens.
I deleted and downloaded it again, but it never asked again to choose the language when first using the program.
When I open it from the .rar file, it is in English. But after I extract the file, it is in German.
What can I do?

EDIT: By the way, I looked up for this here using "German", "English", "Sprache", "Sprachen", etc... and no luck with none. Some posts with the same problems, but I couldn't find a solution.
Can this be a problem with the "enduser.dat" file inside the Ini>Sprachen folders?
And why every time I delete it and redownload it, it won't ask for languages again?
If you want to fix it the lazy way, you could just copy the english ini and paste it over the german one.

Years
If you want to fix it the lazy way, you could just copy the english ini and paste it over the german one.

Great way! =P
I'll try that.
Is there any other way I can do this?

EDIT: Tried that. Changed to English inside all files inside the folder Sprachen that is inside the folder Ini. No luck...
How can I make the computer doesn't recognize the program. Like I said, first time, I couldn't open the program after extracting the file, because it wouldn't let me choose a language.
Now, everytime I download it again, it won't even ask, the computer already has a configuration for this program. How can I "reset" him in my computer?
Or simply open it in English... =P

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Great way! =P
I'll try that.
Is there any other way I can do this?

EDIT: Tried that. Changed to English inside all files inside the folder Sprachen that is inside the folder Ini. No luck...
How can I make the computer doesn't recognize the program. Like I said, first time, I couldn't open the program after extracting the file, because it wouldn't let me choose a language.
Now, everytime I download it again, it won't even ask, the computer already has a configuration for this program. How can I "reset" him in my computer?
Or simply open it in English... =P

You need to extract all files within the .zip, not just the .exe of AdvanceMap. The program relies on all the .ini files that are within the .zip file.

Years
You need to extract all files within the .zip, not just the .exe of AdvanceMap. The program relies on all the .ini files that are within the .zip file.

Bro, I already did that.
I tried stuff with the ini files, like the other guy's suggestion in the last post.
I have all the files, THAT is not the problem.
I guess something happened when I opened the program via WinRAR, while it was still compact the first time, when the program asks for a language.
Now I cannot change this "something" that happen. I believe this theory, 'cause when I open the file inside WinRAR, while it is still compact, the program is in English...

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Bro, I already did that.
I tried stuff with the ini files, like the other guy's suggestion in the last post.
I guess something happened when I opened the program via WinRAR, while it was still compact the first time, when the program asks for a language.
Now I cannot change this "something" that happen. I believe this theory, 'cause when I open the file inside WinRAR, while it is still compact, the program is in English...

cant you just redownload it? if the file is compromised just redownload it..

oh and another thing? Are you using 1.95? Cause dont man.. itll wreck your rom sooner or later

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
What features of 1.95 wreck your ROM? Any parts that are known to be safe? I've done all my mapping, tile inserting and movement permissions on it.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
cant you just redownload it? if the file is compromised just redownload it..

oh and another thing? Are you using 1.95? Cause dont man.. itll wreck your rom sooner or later

Incorrect. Don't modify the ini and let it find offsets for you, and then it will. I did not do that, and my ROM is in perfect state.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Bro, I already did that.

The .rar file or .zip file is basically the archive where you extract all the files from. When you do, they must be all within one folder. Also, before you extract the files, did you right click the .zip or .rar file and then click properties and then click "Unblock" where it says "This file has come from a different computer and might be blocked" or something like that?

But if you really have extracted all the files from the archive and are within a regular folder and done the unblocking and the problem still persists, then there's only one thing I can think of: AdvanceMap is designed to run on Windows XP. Which means any newer operating systems such as Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 ect. will have trouble running it. I'd suggest running it in compatibility mode for "Windows XP Service Pack 3", but I don't think that would fully fix the problem though.

Years
Guys,thanks for all the answers.
I've restored my computer to before I started hacking stuff.
I redownloaded Advance Map, I still got the "No language" to choose in that first box before Advance Map opens.
What changes from Advance Map 1.94 to Advance Map 1.95?
Because, I think what Platinum Lucario said is right, my Windows is 7. I'll try do what Splash said and download an older version of it. I think something went wrong with some ROM I was messing with, 'cause it wouldn't open in another hacking tools for compability issues, though it ran ok in VBA emulator.
I just feel like something is wrong, 'cause when I open the program as a extracted file, I can use it in English. Problem is only after I extract it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Guys,thanks for all the answers.
I've restored my computer to before I started hacking stuff.
I redownloaded Advance Map, I still got the "No language" to choose in that first box before Advance Map opens.
What changes from Advance Map 1.94 to Advance Map 1.95?
Because, I think what Platinum Lucario said is right, my Windows is 7. I'll try do what Splash said and download an older version of it. I think something went wrong with some ROM I was messing with, 'cause it wouldn't open in another hacking tools for compability issues, though it ran ok in VBA emulator.
I just feel like something is wrong, 'cause when I open the program as a extracted file, I can use it in English. Problem is only after I extract it.
There is no 1.94. If you mean 1.92, basically the entire program was rewritten for 1.95, and there were several added features, most of which are documented on the first post. There's nothing wrong with 1.92 (infact it has a few features that are missing from 1.95, like the world map editor), and it's generally regarded as less buggy. I would recommend you give it a go, there's really no big negatives to using 1.92 as opposed to the latest version.

Years
There is no 1.94. If you mean 1.92, basically the entire program was rewritten for 1.95, and there were several added features, most of which are documented on the first post. There's nothing wrong with 1.92 (infact it has a few features that are missing from 1.95, like the world map editor), and it's generally regarded as less buggy. I would recommend you give it a go, there's really no big negatives to using 1.92 as opposed to the latest version.

I didn't know what was the last version. I assumed it was 1.94. =P
Well, I've restored my PC, so now it asks for the first box, like if I have never used it.
Still, I'll try using 1.92. Let's se how it goes.
Thanks. Any more problems, I report back. =D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Try opening the program while it is in the .zip

Wait till it fully loads up, then close it. It should tell you that new files have been added/extracted etc, do you wish to save them? Select yes.

Then extract the files, it should work normally.

I cant open the program in the zip, it tells me i need to extract first. When I extract it still doesnt show any languages. How can i fix this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I cant open the program in the zip, it tells me i need to extract first. When I extract it still doesnt show any languages. How can i fix this?

I've actually had this same problem, so if anyone knows why this is happening it would be much appreciated.

Years

I've actually had this same problem, so if anyone knows why this is happening it would be much appreciated.
Well I don't know if this is the problem or not as it seems unlikely, but after you extract everything, if you go to the ini is there a folder titled "Sprachen"? As far as I know all the languages are stored in that folder.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well I don't know if this is the problem or not as it seems unlikely, but after you extract everything, if you go to the ini is there a folder titled "Sprachen"? As far as I know all the languages are stored in that folder.

Oh, I definitely have the Sprachen folder (which is German for languages). I think it may be an issue with Windows 8.1/10...

Back