• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Pokemon Failing Moments in Black and White

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Ever have that moment when you are doin some research. When you discover something and get more you are like "wow, just wow. Cant believe that happened?'

Yep that happen to me just now. Searching how to get Wide lens. Did some research found that guy in Castelia City that gives it away after 5 trades. I did 50+ and got a wide and zoom lens, Choice scarf and a Master ball. I was thinking. "How did I not figure this out sooner?" Thought this was an epic fail on my part and can laugh about it. XD

Just wondering if others had that moment and are willing to share.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I... did in B/W when I realised I shouldn't EV train Litwick in attack because I thought special attack only applied to super effective attacks. :( /sodumb

Hmmm what else...

I hadn't explored all of Castelia until MONTHS after playing it and wondered why everyone talked about a certain location and couldn't find it - it was in that end street which doesn't look like there's buildings there! I'm sure I've done other dumb things, imma try to recall.

Also I'm just going to specify that this is for Black and White in the title because otherwise people might end up posting about other games.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I... did in B/W when I realised I shouldn't EV train Litwick in attack because I thought special attack only applied to super effective attacks. :( /sodumb

Hmmm what else...

I hadn't explored all of Castelia until MONTHS after playing it and wondered why everyone talked about a certain location and couldn't find it - it was in that end street which doesn't look like there's buildings there! I'm sure I've done other dumb things, imma try to recall.

Also I'm just going to specify that this is for Black and White in the title because otherwise people might end up posting about other games.

I take it that you edited my topic, lol its cool.

and ouch

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can't say I've done anything like that, but I have at times thrown out a Grass Pokémon to face the Fire...and quickly had to call it back after one turn realizing I screwed up...

Cyclone

Years
Uh, I guess this qualifies!

On my first playthrough, I really wanted an axew and figured I'd pass through Mistralton Cave on my Journey...nope. Didn't figure it out until Opelucid I believe (too late then in my eyes) so I went for a deino!

Years
When I was playing through the main story in Black, I accidentally ran from a Shiny Boldore while I was in Twist Mountain.

*facepalm*

That happened to me too... I didn't know where to find Burgh, Iris and Bianca when I first got to Castelia City.

Years
When I tried to train my Solosis in Driftveil near the ice warehouse, I ran to find an Audino in the grass. I go in battle, but this little Solosis is slowest than a bug.

So, the audino hit me with his "clouts" attack. In one attack, they touch me 5 times and all the hits were criticals. Solosis was KO in only one attack... Nothing anormal ? Yes, the audino was level 20 and my Solosis were level 31...

Another time, I found a Vanillite Shiney. I attacked him to weaken him. But my pokémon stuck THE critical blow. (The kind which would put KO a legendary in one step). My pokemon was not a higher level than vanillite. He was just one level above. (and not an advantaged type).

Years
When I tried to train my Solosis in Driftveil near the ice warehouse, I ran to find an Audino in the grass. I go in battle, but this little Solosis is slowest than a bug.

So, the audino hit me with his "clouts" attack. In one attack, they touch me 5 times and all the hits were criticals. Solosis was KO in only one attack... Nothing anormal ? Yes, the audino was level 20 and my Solosis were level 31...

Another time, I found a Vanillite Shiney. I attacked him to weaken him. But my pokémon stuck THE critical blow. (The kind which would put KO a legendary in one step). My pokemon was not a higher level than vanillite. He was just one level above. (and not an advantaged type).

OMG that was so unfortunate. I feel sorry for you.

Years
It's a pity, but I trust in... (not in me ^_^) the game and I hope to meet again a Shiney. ;)

It's also a pity for your boldore. Even if I admit that I prefer vanillite.

This is not my only fail ^^. On my black party I tried first to find an axew in the chargestone cave during about 2h30. After this, I go on a pokepedia to find the localisation in the cave with the highest rate... and I see I was wrong. Axew is in Mistralton Cave. :(

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I know it's about a Pokemon from a different gen, but this happened to me today in White.

I wanted to evolve Shuppet, so I thought I'd take the occasion to try some moves I never used before. So I taught Rest to my Shuppet. I try to use it in battle, BAM Shuppet's Insomnia. I started laughing, because it was a double fail, 1. for obvious reasons Rest+Insomnia = not a match and 2. I actually wanted to evolve the other Shuppet I had, with the ability Frisk.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That is definitely unfortunate in the shiny KO. I know when I realized I had a Shiny Nincada in front of me in Emerald I was praying not to get a crit. That would have been horrible.

Cyclone

Years
Before I caught a Frillish,

I had a Seismitoad (Water/Ground) level 38. He was put KO in One Shot by the fire attack of one Darmanitan level 39. I don't remember the attack but I perfectly remember the sentence : "It is not very effective".

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Before I caught a Frillish,

I had a Seismitoad (Water/Ground) level 38. He was put KO in One Shot by the fire attack of one Darmanitan level 39. I don't remember the attack but I perfectly remember the sentence : "It is not very effective".
By any chance, did "Critical hit!" follow "It's not very effective..."?

Cyclone

Years
In my original Black game, I got the Victini event. I erased my save file on my white, which had THREE Victinis, one from that game, two from my Black. I should've kept 'em safe somewhere...
And then, I had forgotten that it was an event for the Liberty Ticket, and I was looking every where. EVERYWHERE.
I also failed so hard when a newbie on GTS Negotions was showing me his/her/its starter. I said, "Awwww! A newbie! I'd better give them a headstart." I traded them one of my Excadrills for a lillipup. Then I realized this; BADGES.
Badbadbadbadbadbad! Plasbad!

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
^ I have done the same thing. I feel all noble for helping out someone and making their day by trading them stuff that I dont need/use anyways for pidoves and such. I leave smiling and then....oops. I'm not sure if they realize I actually wanted to help or if they think I was just being a jerk xP

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I spent almost 3 hours figuring a way to get further in Skyla's gym, where there are 2 cannons facing each other until I figured out that one cannon can shoot you south. Felt like an idiot after I got through.

Years
Catching Reshiram with my Master Ball. *facepalm*

I never knew there were Pokemon that it should have been saved for, like Kyurem.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
During my first Black playthrough, I had no clue how to navigate Twist Mountain; the maze in there was very intricate.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
In B/W in the Pokemon League where I accidently used my last Full Restore on my Feraligatr when I intended to select my Milotic and to make things worse, I was in the first Elite Four battle.

Back