• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Slightly Refurbished (But Not Finished) Good Times Thread of Drawing! <3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
^ Thanks! <3

Currently making a children's book type of thing for school. So have one of the illustrations I'm using for it! :D
(drawn with pencil, then scanned, touched up and coloured in PhotoShop)
Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Well, this is just all kinds of awesome.

Guess who's going to watch you on dA. This guy.

Pretty sure I've faved some of your stuff before, like that Mewtwo pic, but I don't think I actually looked through your gallery. Well, I'm off to spam you a bunch of fave notifications! XD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
lmao and I said I'd cover all your works one by one. That's pretty darn impossible. Not to mention a bit pointless since my comments on almost every single one of these works would not oscillate much from "That's freakin' amazing". I mean it. Anyway, there is definitely a really huge improvement in your art over the few years I've known you. You were always good at drawing but, as of now, your art is pro level. Honestly, your **** is just amazing.

Works like these: 1 2 3 4 - stand out to me the most. 2nd and 4th are really benefited by the lighting in them, to be honest. Though Gav did point out a minor problem with the lighting in the second one, I still think it doesn't really harm the piece as much and it looks nothing short of breathtaking. Same goes for fourth. Fourth is virtually perfect in my eyes. Mei looks really good in there, anatomically speaking (and no, not just because you did her bewbs really nicely here. Though that's a factor! yeah, me a perv). Much better than she does in the games, lmao. Shadows cast by those leaves on her face have been done really well, too. As for the first and the third pieces, I'd just say that two things make me love them - detailing and the sense of speed. Detailing in the first and the latter in the third one. Love the way you did those strands of hair and the art style in the first pic in general. Coloring is immaculate. Just perfect. Talking about sharpedo piece - those lines, man. That linework. ****ing amazing. Those strokes just make the drawing. They've been done masterfully. Grunge texture in the background really does wonders for it too.

Overall, I'm just a big fan of you, pokey. You've improved tons and I can't stress it enough. The fact that you're incorporating things like proper lighting in order to enhance the drawing and bring out the focus in your latest works is commendable. I didn't see it in your older works and I'll just say that they really do affect your works. In a good way, of course! <3; So yeah, keep drawing and updating this gallery. You know you have to or I'll kill you. ;]

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Asdfg stop it Vikky you're killing me! ;;;
I'm really bad at responding to compliments. Like, really bad. No matter how I do it it's just impossible to make such incredibly great words justice, to recreate in words how awesome it makes me feel that second when I get stuff like that. Thus, it feels like such a waste, haha.
But it's so appreciated, it really is. I'm so happy that people like the stuff I do, to such a, to me, extreme extent. It's when you really think it's worth all the hours of hard work and slight frustration!
...Though getting motivation is still annoyingly difficult. Pull yourself together, me!

But still. Thank you. Really. To everyone who leaves nice comments on either this thread, on DA, in person, or anywhere else. It means so much. <3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Wow! This is the ultimatum of artwork! And you know what? I had no idea you were so good.

First up is that Gastly. I love that dusty effect around it.
That Unova scenery is Oh Ma God! You've portrayed the sky beautifully, and I love the grass effect.
The Pixel Art is a-maazing! Lumiere in special looks totally awesome.
Charizard and Mewtwo's designs are perfect, and I like that lighting effect there.
And I like the way you draw people, making them look... skinny?
Elesa looks so hot, I can't compare.

I'll think you're great at effects in cartoonscapes. You really have to make that comic.

Maybe the best is your signature, you're one of the best in this community!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Thank you! <33
Hahaha, I do tend to make things really skinny.
But I actually am already working on the comic in question! I've finished almost three chapters! I'm just way too lazy to upload it all.

In other news, have some more elaborate XY stuff! :D
Spoiler:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Lookin' good, Poke

what about the pic you're using for your avatar/sig now?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Ahhh phillip you're so amazing. I loooooove the way you color stuff and incorporate lighting in your works. Mostly in your recent ones. Lighting in both Y-Chan and drill pokemon thingy work is really good. <333; and dat hair in the y-chan piece, man. You really did put some work into the hair and it shows. They look really nice. <3; Coloring is top-notch, to boot. Give your works to any graphic artist and they'll probably say that the colors are awesome and there isn't much they can do to make the colors any better than they already are. ;]

the new y-chan piece is kawaii as heck too. I don't really have much to say about the new one. Awesome, as always. :DDD

Sorry this comment wasn't as good/long/critique-ful (ain't a word ikr) as me regular posts. Exam time, ya see. But yeah, keep posting your stuff here and letting me drool over them. Being able to ogle at those smexy pieces you draw is one of the greatest blessings for me. <3;

on an unrelated note, why just use her butt in your signature? You could've used her whole body (wait that came out so dirty). I mean, she's beautiful!!!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I'm actually working hard to hone my graphic artist skills at school and at home right now. Designing things and working with colours and typography and so forth. :P
This whole engagement with school and preparing for my future career means I spend more time making things for my own sake, and less fit for putting online. But I'm confident, and once I get more time, I'm gonna try to put up more stuff again!

Other than that, working on the webcomic of mine. If I were to add it to this thread, any idea on how I would incorporate it? Put it all in spoiler tags or linking between the different pages through some interface, or what?

To be perfectly honest the only real reason I'm using her butt in the signature is because I like how the wrinkles on her skirt came out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
To be perfectly honest the only real reason I'm using her butt in the signature is because I like how the wrinkles on her skirt came out.

That comment right there is the story of my damn life.

There are so many freaking drawings I have the are ~questionable~ but I use bits and pieces of them for things because I JUST LOVE the way the hair came out or how the clothing looks. Sometimes you just pull off the perfect clothing folds and can't resist using them no matter where they're located lol. Yeah, totally identify with that and couldn't resist bringing it up. ;;

imma write about dero being a pervert in small text! ;p

Anyway, you know what I'd love to see? An artist collab between you and Loki. You two are so talented and I can just, UGH, totally see you guys working on a comic together! I know that's like.. kind of farfetched and silly, but you two are like A&D's little shining digital stars and I'd just die to see what you can do together. :)

Sorry about this stoops post that doesn't even touch on your art. But all I can give is unconditional praise so I decided to give you my other 2 cents instead. ;)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
OMG lmfao you two--

o<-<

I'm so embarrassed LOL- but hey! I think a collab would be fun, if you were up for it! *7* I love your art style, especially on the latest Y-Chan! I'm thinking of trying out an eye-style more like that, so I should start takin' notes! I like how soft your coloring is aaahhh I hope I don't sound like a total weirdo but I've spent a lot of time admiring the shade on her face cast by the brim of her hat! (How random, right? Sob I fixate on the strangest things) I agree with you though, her skirt looks brilliant-- definitely looks lovely in your signature, and the folds are to die for!

The only thing I'd say is that her head looks a tad too big for her body? I feel like having sized it down maybe 80% during the sketching process would've made the balance perfect! But it's not a big deal- I love it either way, and it's a huge improvement from the last Y-chan picture on this thread!

Can't wait to see more!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Oh gosh, eyes are not my strong point. At least not in the anime style. Terribly awkward. ;_;
And tbh the shadow on her forehead is mostly just me playing with SAI's marker tool and letting the program do the magic for me.
Aaaannnd I like big heads because they're cute okay. :'I

A collab would be fun! Projects like that I find are often hard to get going with, but it'd definitely be educating!

Also currently sick and I spend my time working on the comic book project that's due in one year instead of the graphics project that's supposed to be done tomorrow! \o/

And, uh, have a manly man with manly hair.
Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
OKAY, YOU ALL LIKE EASTER, RIGHT?
AND YOU LIKE CHICKS TOO I BET. BOTH THE HUMAN AND THE AVIAN KIND.
AAAND YOU ALSO LIKE VIDEO GAMES.

IF ALL OR ANY FITS YOU, YOU WILL LITERALLY DIE FROM HAPPINESS WHEN YOU SEE THIS.
Spoiler:

Added to the Original Art folder <3

Back