• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Faze Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
FazeVersionLogo3.png

Hey there kids, I'm Curt and I'm here to take you on a wondrous adventure through the Reole region. The thread closed down due to activity, and the original team just kind of drifted away--but I'm back at hard work, striving to get this hack going. I completely restarted the hack, using JPAN's hacked engine and reinserting most of the tiles from the old one. Feel free to respond with opinions and ideas even if it's to tell me I suck.

picture.php

Why am I playing this again?

Region info:
Enter the region of Reole, a new landmass full of wonder and mystery for you to explore. A very peaceful region, Reole has yet to have any catastrophic events or worldwide-news-making spectacles. The reason for this peace, although no one knows it, is a secret peacekeeping organization known as the Ghost Agency. Ghost is not known to anyone at all, and this allows them to do the jobs the normal police couldn't, such as having agents working under deep cover. Ghost is stationed in Atio City, a bustling tourist hotspot due to the nearby Aero Lake.

Story info
You start as a student in the Atio Pokemon School. After handing the headmaster's son (your rival) a bitter defeat in a school tournament, he challenges you to a rematch. No students own any Pokemon, instead the school has a storeroom full of Pokemon specially trained for the students to battle with. To have this rematch, you and your rival break into the school to get some Pokemon. Suddenly your rival deserts you just as the headmaster enters and catches you in the act. It seems suspicious how your rival knew just when to leave you high and dry...
A week later you recieve an unmarked letter at your house. You open it up to find an invitation to come join some kind of
Pokemon club called Ghost...

picture.php

Originality, in my hack? It's more likely than you think.

picture.php
New Region
picture.php
New Hero/Heroine
picture.php
New Tiles
picture.php
Well Done Fakemon
picture.php
New Starters
picture.php
No Gyms
picture.php
No Reliance on HMs
picture.php
Sidequests
picture.php
New TMs
picture.php
Reordered Pokedex
picture.php
Running Indoors

picture.php

A sneak peak.

Here are the fakemon that have been done so far, I'm currently waiting on more. The first alpha won't be released until the first thirteen are done.
1Briobulbtrans.png
2Anobud.png
3Zefloret-transparent.png

Briobulb, Anobud, and Zefloret
The grass starter and it's evolutions. More info to come when it's not five in the morning.
4Fizrikettransparent.png
5Flarewigtransparent.png

Fizriket and Flarewig
The fire starter and second form
Tadroli-transparent-1.png

Tadroli
The water starter
10LarbandTransparent.png
11JunugTransparent-1.png

Larband and Junug
Bug type and its bug/flying evo
Delwat-transparent.png
Elezma-transpa.png
Torvolt-transparent.png

Delwat, Elezma, and Torvolt
Electric type pokemon

picture.php

Eye candy. Must be jawbreakers...

SS-AtioCity1.png
SS-EastAtio1.png
SS-AtioForest1.png
SS-AtioLake1.png

SS-AtioCity2.png
SS-AtioCity3.png
SS-AtioCity4.png
SS-AtioCity5.png

SS-AtioCity6.png
SS-AtioSchool1.png
SS-AtioCity7.png

picture.php

Do I hear crickets chirping out there?

There are none at the moment.

picture.php

Spread the word!

If you happen to get a wild hair and want to show support for Faze Version,
you may do with one of two banners.

NEW banner made by me.
picture.php

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191571][*IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5947&pictureid=43258[/IMG][/url]

Banner by .Tactic. featuring outdated starters.
Userbar1.png

Code:
[*url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191571][*IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww112/Curt_rocks_09/Userbar1.png[/IMG][/url]

picture.php

Those who make this possible.

Alistair - Tiles
Reck - Tiles (I think...)
LU-HO for A-Map
HackMew for all of his tools
Darthatron for a lot of tools
Wichu for the Advanced Series
Team Snag'em for tools
silver314 for YAPE
JPAN for his hacked FireRed engine
The great tutorial writers, like haefele and diegoisawesome
Team Faze

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I'm not to into Fakemon. Also I hope that those are just outline drawlings of the starters and not the actual sprites.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
great story!

seems like it's going to be good.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
hows the progress?

are you going to be getting promotions like in toxic purple?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Yes, there will be no gyms. I quite like that idea in a hack. Love it, actually.
Progress? I've just been scripting when I can, touching up the maps a little, fixed up the first route how I want it, and continuation requires a lot more indoor mapping right now.
I'll get screenies tonight if I have time to make a lot of progress.
Okay, time to type that english paper...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
What the heck? Only 8 post? c'mon people, this hack is pretty awesome. The names everything are pretty good, the maps are good, the story is interesting and well organized, and the features seem like something to look forward to. Good luck...In fact, I'll beta test for you if you'd like.

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
Years
What the heck? Only 8 post? c'mon people, this hack is pretty awesome. The names everything are pretty good, the maps are good, the story is interesting and well organized, and the features seem like something to look forward to. Good luck...In fact, I'll beta test for you if you'd like.
Nice, why don't you put our banner in your sig then?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Nice, why don't you put our banner in your sig then?

Technically you don't have the banner either. :P

Update: Dang, this thing seems to take up permanent residence on the second page. No matter what, that's always where it is.
Progress is being made people, at however slow increments. I have other things going on...
Oh well, here is a screenshot to show part of the latest script. In this shot your are reading a letter.
Screenshot1.png

It's not much, but maybe there can be more to show tonight. Right now I have to take a break because my laptop needs to charge.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
This hack looks pretty good, the fakemon look ok but if I were you i would give them better names. Is the whole hack just going to be fakemon though, or will there only be a few.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
This hack looks pretty good, the fakemon look ok but if I were you i would give them better names. Is the whole hack just going to be fakemon though, or will there only be a few.

What's wrong with the names? I slaved over those... Well, the Briobulb line anyway.

@Teapot - I actually have 53 planned fakemon, I just haven't gotten around to making "art" of them all yet. I was actually planning to finish some more soon, but I tore my hand up in the batting cage today...

Sorry, no more visible progress today.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Fizriket reminds me of a steak, and tadroli reminds me of Sushi. XD

THe bulb is ok though. XD

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Finally, an update!
No progress beyond whatever RSC has mapped in the past few days (which is actually quite a bit), but he made a video of everything scripted so far.
Please ignore the tile errors at the the bottom of the beginning room, and the block errors with the blue door and the flowers.
Scroll on up to see the video.
Great job RSC.

Edit - I hijacked the embed and added it to the first post.

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Man, this hack is good, but only 53 Fakemon? I was expecting more!
The video looks really good.
But the starters seem a bit...8 colored, if you know what I mean.

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
Years
Man, this hack is good, but only 53 Fakemon? I was expecting more!
The video looks really good.
But the starters seem a bit...8 colored, if you know what I mean.

Curt may add more... But that will be between him and the spriters... and meh! hehe! xD

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Okay, now I just realized that these Fakemon look flat. You should try to add some more shading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back