• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
I love this hack. I'm playing it for the 3rd time (this time I won't use any starters).
MY team is:
-Spheal 30lvl
-Sandile 23lvl

If you want to get Froslass, Chandelure or other pokemon that need to be traded to evolve use YAPE or another program to edit their evolution way :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
Does the english beta end after the ghost gym? Because I can't seem to go any further..

No it doesn't, you should go down and you'd see a bridge or you should go to that building in top left corner in ghost town if you wasnt there before. (sorry for my english)

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
hey just wanted to drop off and let you know this is a great hack!
I've been playing for some time and now I am currently in last gym
enough with the intro
I found some bugs that I am sure you could fix it, but seeing that my version is the complete/ final version you won't make a revision to it
anyway it won't hurt if I tell :)
the bug is with the sprite when we fish while surfing, I don't know whether it was meant to be like that because you had no free space left or something but it kinda looks weird :p
see for yourself
s7.postimage.org/a1fbc62ef/Pokemon_Light_Platinum_U_02[dot]jpg

replace the dot with a .
(won't let me post URL )
someone might have already reported this but whatever :)

Putting this aside this is a very cool hack.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm using the right one, because I can't get into the tower and theres no bridge, just this
538509_202127869899489_100003068328545_298043_2080575522_n.jpg

EDIT: I just save using the shift+f1 method. If I need to update the beta, how would I keep my save file?

Years
I'm not sure if I'm using the right one, because I can't get into the tower and theres no bridge, just this
538509_202127869899489_100003068328545_298043_2080575522_n.jpg

EDIT: I just save using the shift+f1 method. If I need to update the beta, how would I keep my save file?

With the changes from the beta that you are playing, you most definitely gonna have to restart from the beginning. Since your probably playing beta 2, just go to wesleys site for this hack and download the final beta.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
That's a bummer. I have a poison type team that are all lv 45-48.
Thanks for your help though :)

EDIT: Can someone link me the GBA to patch to? I remember I downloaded a light platinum gba file straight from the internet but never patched it myself.

Last edited:
Years
View attachment 64119

big problem here. look at the guy on the skarmory infront of my guy. when i battled him, he moved one step towards me. i beat him and advanced to the gym leader. when i beat the gym leader, he was still one step ahead of where he was standing, blocking the arrow tiles that move you. after i beat the gym leader, i came down the moving tiles that would normally move you back down to the platform as shown in the picture. since he blocked the "drop off point" of the tiles that move you downwards, i was stuck on the last down tile thing. if i moved left, the up tiles would send me up and then in a circle to where i started. i was in a "trap" that would normally be impossible to get out of. It took me an hour of thinking to solve this problem. the only way to get out was to use ADVANCED MAP to edit the gym so i could fly out of it. if i didn't have AM it would have been impossible to get out of there.

I think you can Click the image to make it bigger if it is too small to see clearly.

This situation might sound confusing, but its hard to explain better than this. I hope yall understand what happened here. wesley needs to fix this if he can.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Okay I downloaded ruby 1.0 and downloaded the Pokemon LP english version I used Lunar IPS to patch it and went to play it but it white screened anyway have an answer im using windows 7 if thats any issue.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Does anyone have any clue to why Electivire makes the game crash?
I need to fix it, he's my fav Electric type

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
It is, I have changed it twice now,uninstalled,reinstalled ruby but I am getting nowhere after patching with Lunar IPS.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Normal version of Lunar IPS I am using an original ruby file and still get the issue, I have done this before so I am not sure what the problem could be.

I still cannot get it to work and im not getting any answers would appreciate it if someone did have an answer.

Last edited:

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
ya ikr i really dont get this either

Plz Somebody Help Me with this?

OK ALL THANKS FOR THE HELP! ITS WORKING. GONNA START NOW!!!!

hmmm... i think this is the greatest ROM HACK EVER. only problem being some of its in portugeise. sorry for my spelling

Last edited:
Back