• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Swarms

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It was discussed a little in the 3DS thread, but not to a great extent. Anyway, swarms are when rarer Pokemon are announced to be appearing in a certain area for that one day. They can be useful, though annoying to players if they're awaiting a certain swarm.

So, would you like swarms to return? And would you like it to be just older, or just newer Pokemon to make it more interesting, but for the swarms to have something special like hidden abilities, or secret moves, if it's the newer ones? If so, would you rather choose in advance what swarms (aka what egg group) appears that month through a special machine? Or would you like the Pokemon leading your party to indicate what type of swarm would be there on that day? How else could the swarms be improved? Discuss!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd be cool that on certain days of the year, the swarms are all shinies~ Orrr at least with dream world abilities! Otherwise, yeah, I'd be happy to see them return; although, I hope that swarms come.. a little sooner than post game to keep catching rare pokemon interesting.

Years
It would be a large step up if they kind of took a migration stance on it.
Say
For every season you could have random swarms on different routes maybe more than one in one day like for ex
Say one day during the winter season you could have pidgey in the southern routes swarming and the same day get a call that piloswine are up north that day
The next few days maybe nothing at all ( to keep frequency low and make it more rewarding)
And have this feature active from the start of the game with region dex pkmn that are swarmers
Say after you get the nat dex you would have alot of new area to explore so you would get your multi swarms there to to help fill the dex
Its actually a good idea to me that ramble is

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
We need more ways to get hidden abilities and I don't care how. Hidden grottoes sucked because they next to never restock and I've never found a Pokemon in one except the very first time I visited. Even then not all contained Pokemon. So having the Outbreak Pokemon with an equal chance of spawning with any of it's abilities (including hidden) seems fair to me.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Maybe the swarm of the day/week/month etc.. would be based on what the average temperature is on that day. I live in australia, and If Australia gets an average on 35 degrees celcius (95 Farenheit) maybe a fire type pokemon would appear? That would be really fun feature because then you could introduce country specific pokemon and if you live in a really cold area (North Pole for example) then the only way to get the fire type pokemon that are only available in swarms will be to use the trading by wifi. And vice-verca. If Vanillish comes to this game by swarm only, maybe it would only be available in 10 degree celcius (50 farenheit) weather and since that usually doesn't happen here in Australia and if I don't have any Generation V games (I actually do, but lets pretend we don't) then the only way to get Vanillish into my game would by to trade with someone from the North Pole over wifi.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'd be cool that on certain days of the year, the swarms are all shinies~ Orrr at least with dream world abilities! Otherwise, yeah, I'd be happy to see them return; although, I hope that swarms come.. a little sooner than post game to keep catching rare pokemon interesting.

Getting shinies through swarms? It'd be really interesting but it has to be extremely rare and random. I'm afraid of how easy it could be to hack or exploit.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would love for swarms to return! Perhaps there could be an app for let's say, their version of the Poketch that informs you on locations, days and types of Pokemon swarms for the day. It would also be cool that the shiny rates for swarming Pokemon be higher than normal, but that's just me as I really love shinies. :3 Hidden abilities or secret moves would be awesome too! All the more to catch and raise them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I mentioned in another thread about how it would be interesting if they incorporated spotpass with the swarm mechanic. So the developers themselves decide exactly which pokemon start swarming in the game.

That would be pretty neat I think, it would shake things up a bit if they used spotpass to download small changes like that. Plus it would mean they could make any pokemon swarm any area they wanted to rather than being stuck with whatever is shipped with the game.

Failing that I would like to see a larger amount of pokemon included in the swarms considering there will be over 700+ pokemon now, they shouldn't be stingey with the pokemon.

They could always make it so the swarming pokemon you get is dependant on the version you play....and maybe if you connect with somebody who has the other version there's a chance that whatever is swarming in their game comes to your game and vice versa. (sort of like how villagers move in animal crossing)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't really care about swarms since the swarm Pokemon I wanted normally had an alternative and easier method of obtaining. It would totally be of interest to me if they had something special about them like swarm only moves or hidden abilities.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Personally, i think swarms will come back. If not, I would like the PokéRadar to come back. Getting good and shiny pokemon was awesome. I guess they replaced it with shaking grass :S but I prefer the radar.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Getting shinies through swarms? It'd be really interesting but it has to be extremely rare and random. I'm afraid of how easy it could be to hack or exploit.

Yeah with the chance of so many shinies, I wouldn't like it to be set in stone that everything in a swarm is a shiny, but only if certain conditions are met, kind of like certain things in the past and the lotto etc.

We need more ways to get hidden abilities and I don't care how. Hidden grottoes sucked because they next to never restock and I've never found a Pokemon in one except the very first time I visited. Even then not all contained Pokemon. So having the Outbreak Pokemon with an equal chance of spawning with any of it's abilities (including hidden) seems fair to me.

If you go to them over and over you'd have gotten great stuff :3 Took me a while before I got my DW Poliwhirl, DW Breloom etc. :x But nevertheless, I like the idea of equal, I just figured all or nothing but to have that chance I'd desperately run to swarms often lmao.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm quite certain that swarms would return to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. And if they do, I would really like to see both old and new Pokémon as swarms, but only certain Pokémon would swarms... as they would be exclusive to only being found in swarms.

I have a terrible memory, but I'm not sure if Pokémon Black/White has Unova Pokémon that are exclusive to swarms only. But either way, it would be nice to see some old and new Pokémon as swarms in Pokémon X and Y.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That also brings to mind the idea of version exclusive swarms... swarms that occur based purely on the game you chose, and the day for certain things vary depending on which game you chose!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
That also brings to mind the idea of version exclusive swarms... swarms that occur based purely on the game you chose, and the day for certain things vary depending on which game you chose!

Something just like the previous generation, it would be interesting to see some version exclusive swarms once again.

How about some special kind of swarms that can only occur upon talking to certain trainers? Like how it was in Gold/Silver/Crystal? Maybe they can also be version exclusive as well. ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh that reminds me kind of like White Forest, where the Pokemon only appear if the trainers are in the area. If the trainers can actually move and reappear freely, then perhaps the Pokemon appearing would correlate to the trainers in said area each day, which would make it a bit more like real life. :3

Back