• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
well, i been reading this and is there a team like rocket or galatic?

Last edited:
Years
Epic game, Wichu. If you still need some scratch DPPt sprites then PM/VM me and we'll talk (i don't like throwing sprites around the place, the place is full of thieves). if you don't then that's good because it means you're closer to finishing, lol. Excellent work, keep it up.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
geez did not realize this thread was 54 pages long. read through the first 22

but anywho...this game looks great. I especially love the menu. The starter pokemon look pretty cool especially Charcub.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
The game does look very good and i also like the menu. The starters and maps look very good as well

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Hey

Wichu, absolutely amazing game :)
Been reading the forum topics and have been amazed at what you have achieved.
I was just wondering:
1. Where did you get your download of RPG Maker
2. Do you have any need for anything else to be done in relevance to the game as I would like to gain some experience in hopes of making my own Pokemon Game some day :)
The opportunity and speedy reply to this message would be greatly appreciated :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Need any more help

Hey Wichu do you need any more Spriters to Sprite NPC's,
I would like to help out, If you need an example of my ability working
with your Template, I will put them up

Yaliw

Water/Steel/Fighting Trainer
Years
While i want you to take your time and make this with as little missing and as few glitches as possible..

hurry the hell up or a Hydrocannon is on the way.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
One of the best games I've seen here. I support this 100%! But this is such a huge project. Would you mind if I make a forum if you haven't, to organize this even farther?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
well, i been reading this and is there a team like rocket or galatic?
Yep; if you read the first post, you'll see that there is an 'evil team' known as the Necros Organization.
but anywho...this game looks great. I especially love the menu. The starter pokemon look pretty cool especially Charcub.
Its name was actually changed to Ignicub a while ago; I just haven't got around to updating the userbars until now :P
You have to pay for RPG Maker XP, but you can get a trial from a bunch of sites... here is the official site for XP: http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/download.html
Also, keep in mind that you need the RTP to play test games or to play most RPG Maker-made games.
Actually, it's possible to disable the RTP dependency. You won't need to download anything separately to play Amethyst.
Hey Wichu do you need any more Spriters to Sprite NPC's,
I would like to help out, If you need an example of my ability working
with your Template, I will put them up
Mind PMing me them? I do need one or two more OW spriters...
One of the best games I've seen here. I support this 100%! But this is such a huge project. Would you mind if I make a forum if you haven't, to organize this even farther?
I already have a development forum; the link is in my signature. I'm thinking about setting up a website for this game later, too; I'll create a better forum then.

Anyway, I haven't posted here in a while :( On the bright side, I have a lot of free time for a few weeks, so I'll try and get the demo of this finished. Don't count on it, though :P

I've done a bit of housekeeping of this thread. I updated the first post with a couple more screenshots, although you've probably seen most of them before. I also added descriptions of two new areas.
You might have noticed that I've changed a couple of names; firstly, 'Team Necro' has been changed to 'Necros Organization'. I don't think 'Team' sounds sinister enough. Secondly, the route names have been changed. As Amethyst has no relation to Johto, I didn't think it was necessary to continue Nintendo's route numbering scheme from 47; instead, I've opted for an approach used in the Sevii Islands in FR/LG - I've given each route a unique name rather than just a number.
Lastly, I've finally gotten around to updating the starter userbars with their new designs. If you can't see a difference, try clearing your cache. Also, if any of you already have one of the old ones, there's no need to change it - it should now show the new one (again, clear your cache if it doesn't) :D

So, what was the minigame I was talking about last time? You should have guessed it by now; it's appeared in every official game so far.
Spoiler:

I really need to start working on Amethyst regularly again :P I've just had exams, and I've been relaxing for the past week or two, not really doing anything productive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back