• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Len dove right back into the water in an attempt to dodge Dratini's Dragon rage attack. The fire was homed in at him, and his Paralysis didn't make it any easier to avoid. Eventually the dragon fire caught up to Len and hit him directly. Dratini was getting alot more clever both it and her clone had began to move around alot more. Len attempted to use Mind reader... but the Paralysis left him stunned. He couldn't move. It was really starting to effect him heavily.

"Len! Comon you can pull through!" Len's nerves went numb and he was completely helpless...

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie glanced at Mark very briefly. She then considered using twister. Yet, she then decided that that was a terrible, terrible idea. Flamethrower was equally terrible, but for very different reasons. She only knew one other move that would be more effective than Dragon Rage at any given time. It occurred to her that she might want to try to get Dratini to learn something new. Yet, for the time being there was a battle to finish.

"Dratini, use Dragon Rush! It's having trouble with paralysis!"

Dratini, hearing the command, suddenly swam at Len, its expressing turning to one of anger. Blue'ish energy radiated from its body as it charged through the water at great speeds, streaks of white energy soaring off to the sides as it attempted to slam into Len. Dratini was not really all that angry, but Dragon Rush was an attack that required quite a bit of passion to use, second only to Outrage in that field.

Meanwhile, Charmander angsted hard over the fact that Dratini was getting to battle. Sure, it hated water, but it just wanted some attention! The pokemon, while very irritable, was fairly sensitive, a potentially dangerous combo when one thought about it. Valorie of course wasn't aware of this angsting at the moment.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide Facade, Return, Toxic)
---
---
---

Megaman765

Years
Len, completely helpless to move away from the attack was hit directly by Dragon Rush. Len was already getting really tired... That last attack had really done a number on him. He surfaced back to the water and peeked his head out. Len had been panting, extremely exhausted. "Len! You alright?" Mark said, worried about him. Len nodded. He wanted to get at least one more attack out there. He needed to think of something a little more clever... Crap if only he knew more moves...

Len closed his eyes to sense where Dratini would be going next... it was moving pretty fast on it's own. Putting all of its heart into its next attack, He aimed straight for Dratini to hit him full force.

Dawn

Years
Dratini was surprised by Len actually knowing where she was and is struck again. This time Dratini took the attack less gracefully, accumulated damage taking its toll, and cried out in a rather pained way before abruptly turning and shooting off a Dragon Rage at Len without warning. Valorie's eyes shot open. It wasn't often that Dratini attacked on her own. That was Charmander's thing! Dratini was simply a much calmer pokemon in general. Poor Charmander aside, Valorie silently wondered if Dratini was still sore from yesterday. It would've explained why she seemed to have panic'd. Never-the-less, Dratini still seemed to be fully capable of battle, let alone other less intensive things. She saved the worrying for if something actually happened.

004fxt.png
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide, Facade, Return, Toxic)
---
---
---

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Len's physical attack did a good number of damage to Dratini, however he soon countered with another dragon rage. Paralysis kicked in and he was again helpless to defend himself. He took the raging storm of fire head on and was hit. The impact caused a small explosion to pop out of the water. Len was sent flying right into Mark and he was splashed by a large thin wave of water. He feel down onto his back with Len laying on his lap unconscious.

"*sigh...* Good job buddy. You sure held you ground out there." Mark said, returning Len to his Pokeball. He had to make sure to use a full heal on him when he got back to shore. Mark sat in the water and looked up at Valorie, giving her a bright smile. SUch skill! Mark was envious... yet so attracted to her... he was seriously falling for this girl.

"Great job. Haha! And minimum casualties as well!" Mark joked as he splashed her playfully. "Seriously, Your really good at this."

Dawn

Years
Valorie observed the situation for a moment before it became clear to her. She'd won! She promptly displayed a huge-as-hell grin and did this cheesy victory pose where she raised a fist in a celebratory manner, closing her eyes tightly as if reliving the moment in her head. She was silently basking in the joy of winning, and it was pretty obvious that she enjoyed such, perhaps maybe even a little bit too much. After having lost the last two times, winning had put her in high spirits.

Then Mark complimented her. She opened her eyes and beamed with pleasure at him. Not only had she won, but Mark was both happy and showing respect over it! She really couldn't have asked for a better outcome to a battle. This was pretty much how she dreamed of every battle going. Then she was splashed and felt mildly teased, giving Mark a lightly playful look. Dratini then emerged from the water right in front of Valorie, and Valorie was startled, grabbing Dratini lightly. Dratini seemed to be pretty happy.

"Thanks..!"

She hadn't been in such a good mood her entire stay at the academy, really. She waded over to Mark, Dratini wrapping around her abdomen laying her head against Valorie's shoulder. Dratini was fairly tired from the battle, and probably sore from what Valorie could tell. She didn't mind. She wasn't sure why she had waded closer, come to think of it, but had simply felt like it. They were now well within arm's reach.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 19 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
---
---
---

Megaman765

Years
Mark got up and was glad that Valorie was so happy about winning. It was a good battle, Mark never usually took losing a battle the wrong way a lot of the time unless the other opponent used some kind of cheap trick but he was happy! Valorie then moved a bit closer to Mark. They were close enough to be within arms reach. Staring into her eyes, Mark tried his best not to blush. His face slightly red, he smiled at her.

"Heh... um...really... you must have been trained to battle fairly well huh? I'm kinda new at this myself but I..uh... think I've been holding out kinda well..." Mark said to her, moving slightly closer to her as she did. Mark kept staring at her eyes. They were absolutely gorgeous to him...

Dawn

Years
Valorie noticed the nervousness, and then noticed she was being stared at. Suddenly she became aware of the situation and swallowed out of nervous habit. Dratini detected it too, and looked up curiously. Dratini was a young pokemon. Nobody would know, but Dratini also believed Valorie to be her mother, as Valorie was the one that hatched her and took care of her. That being said, Dratini was highly interested in the undertones she was picking up.

"I did..! Lots and lots of training. You did well..."

Valorie was nervous, but not nearly as much as when she was being teased earlier by Selene. She had complimented his battling. Valorie was a bit of a braggart. She had a lot of pride, and wasn't exactly modest about it. Yet, putting down others was /not/ her thing. She had no desire to look down on others, only to be looked up at. Then Mark got even closer than they already were and she briefly looked him up and down before returning her attention to his face. What was he doing? She didn't quite see where this was going. That being said, she didn't mind him in her personal bubble, but she couldn't help but suspect something more in intent.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
Dratini ♀ Lv. 19 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
328p.png
---
---
---

Megaman765

Years
"T...thanks..." Mark said. He noticed he was a little too close for comfort and backed up a little. "O...oh! Sorry." He said. He wasn't this nervous when in battle. Maybe it was because he was so close to her now. Such an odd feeling... He thought to himself... what was he doing? This was the perfect chance to ask questions and get to know her!

Scratching his head and looking to the side a little, he sunk a little in the water so that the water reached his shoulders. "So... where ya from anyways? I'm from the Kanto region. Lived in Celedon city. Dunno if you heard, but its not exactly a very pleasant place to live in. I betcha Snype would disagree with me on that though. Heheh." Mark said to her. So far so good...

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Get a room!" Snivy yelled at them. Brian, after the battle had ended, had wandered off to go talk with someone else. Snivy chuckled to herself, then lay back in the sand. Drizzle grinned at her.
"What are you grinning at!" Snivy said. Drizzle looked at her.
"You! You're very strange. But that's a good thing! Hehehe," Drizzle said.

Duster shoved playfully at Snype. That battle had been awe inspriring! She had horgotten what they had been talking about, so she cast about for a new subject.
"Lot's of interesting people here, huh Snype? I've met so many new pokemon this year! And then there's the humans! It's incredible, isn't it?" Duster said.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
"Bean, try to dodge, and poison him too!" Alice called. Bean sprayed a thick cloud of Poisonpowder, moving to the right as fast as he possibly could. Rama's Pursuit managed to hit Bean's cheek, but Bean was more focused on making sure the powder hit Rama. Unless he was quick to make abrupt turns, the poison should've made some kind of contact. Bean quickly turned to face him, and the roots on Rama's paw glowed a bright red and sparked with what appeared to be red electricity. Bean glowed a soft white, and some of his wounds were healed as Rama's HP was transferred to himself.

Jem looked at Ellie and then back at the battle. "Go Bean! Woo!" he exclaimed. Alice watched Bean, noticing that their strategies seemed to be working, especially when it came to angering his opponent. Alice's favorite tactics were allowing the opponent to land their attack, but countering with her own attack when they made contact. This usually ensured that they were open and defenseless, even though it did risk her own Pokémon getting seriously injured. When the attack was obviously going to be too much, Alice would go with evasion, instead. But with a bulky Pokémon with many status inflicting attacks like Bean, this battle wouldn't end quietly. Although, Alice didn't want to get too cocky too soon, but she did keep in mind Rama's little transform tricks.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Rama smirked and dodged carefully, moving quickly. As he did the Leech Seed twisted off, unable to stay on with his wild movements. He didn't really worry about the Poisonpowder because it was slow-moving, at least to him. He kept twisting and turning, thinking of Volca and his stupid Acrobatics attack. That thing hurt like crazy if it hit. Compared to that, this was nothing. Rama abruptly stopped and gestured for Bean to attack. He dug his paws in, waiting to hit. "Come on," he shouted cheerfully. "Is all you're good at is defense and parlor tricks? Can you actually hit me or are you too scared to try?"

Ellie ignored Duster, watching Rama intently. She had never been able to beat him, even for those few moments when she had been stronger than him. He was a trickster too, but his fights were honest. She wondered what he was planning and looked at Skye. Ellie let a grin cross her face. Skye had that innocently curious look on. This would be cool.

Dawn

Years
Valorie was well aware that she was being stared at, but said nothing. She didn't really want to embarrass Mark over something so silly. She briefly glanced at shore before returning her attention to Mark. Seeing as standing would be awkward, she allowed herself to float with him.

"I come from Icirrus city in the Unova region. It's, um... a very cold place."

Valorie shrugged lightly, as if emphasizing how unimportant it was. Her mind drifted off to her home town, however, and her parents. She missed her parents at times. Not that she would ever admit that to anyone out loud. How embarrassing!

"I've never been to Kanto. I think my Dad has taken trips there though."

Dratini meanwhile looked directly at Snivy. It was a blank expression that didn't say much. It seemed the serpent pokemon had heard, though what it thought was a complete mystery.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
---
---
---

NightOfRemorse

Years
Bean huffed, but refused to move in himself any closer. He used to have a wild temper, but Alice had been able to train him to know better. "Leaf Storm," Alice said simply. A storm of leaves bolted from Bean's bulb, razoring quickly toward Rama. Bean's Special Attack would be lowered, but it'd be worth it.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
(OOC: Leaf Storm lowers the user's special attack by two stages actually.)

Rama grinned and charged, letting it hit. He kept running, powering through the attack. His body was glowing white as he panted for air. "Don't underestimate us! I'll show you the power Skye and I worked hard to create! Return!" He leapt up at the last second, landing behind Bean and charging from behind.

"Go Rama! Show him our team is the best!" Ellie bounced. She really didn't care about the winner but Rama looked the happiest he had in weeks.

NightOfRemorse

Years
((OOC: Oh darn I forgot, I just knew it lowers somebody's SA xD ))

When Rama hit Bean with return, he merely flinched and shook it off. "Don't let him leave without status!" Alice called. Bean turned abruptly and used Vine Whip to try and grab onto Rama. He sprayed more Poisonpowder.

Fuyu

Years
(No problem XD. I didn't remember. I had to look it up.)

Rama dodged the Vine Whip and ignored the Poisonpowder, being already poisoned anyway. He began to charge up a Dark Pulse slowly. He knew he was being left at a disadvantage but didn't care. He was still ticking and Skye was still watching him, so he wouldn't lose. Bring it on... Anything those two had, he would counter.

NightOfRemorse

Years
((OOC: Oh okay xD and I thought Rama dodged the first Poisonpowder? o.0 I probably misunderstood))

"Use your vines!" Alice commanded. Bean extended his vines and used them to propel himself forward with much greater speed. As soon as he neared Rama, he quickly used Take Down to hopefully throw him off of charging the Dark Pulse. "Counter this," Bean said. He had enough speed with his vines to catch a nonmoving foe. Though this move would recoil on Bean, it only did so because of its power.

Fuyu

Years
(Nah, he took it but tried not pay attention to it.)

Rama grinned. The guy couldn't dodge now. He fired the Dark Pulse just as Bean hit him, flying backwards to skid on the sand. He struggled to stand up, waiting for the cloud to disappear. The poison hurt but he pulled himself back to his feet.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Right when Bean made contact, Rama shot Dark Pulse. The two attacks colliding caused an explosion, and hurled Bean backward. He slid against the ground and didn't move. "Bean! Can you get up?" Alice asked him. Bean struggled to his feet and stared at Rama. He managed to get through this one, but he probably wouldn't last much longer. The recoil hadn't done him any favors. "Try the Vine Whip one more time!" Alice commanded. Bean threw himself forward with his vines again, but he moved slower this time. A white light formed around him as he attempted a Skull Bash.

Back