• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
it would nice to have the other regions in this game after your done with the ice. its kind of sad that we have all this cool new stuff in the ds games but are so limited to where we can go...(aside from the g/s remakes) they could structure it to wear giovani would be like 60lvl or so and the elite 4 in kanto would be uber awesome. providing a serious end game challenge.

idk how the level structure would be for the other gyms outside of the region but a seriously improved game is long over due from gamefreak.

Idk, that would seem pretty ridiculous. I mean, in just a little over a year they make a game SO massive? No. Plus, the only other region people would want right now is Hoenn. Hoenn is great, my second favorite region, but it and Unova are in two completely different continents. Not only that, but they're both great games by themselves, and should stay that way. To put in another game that connects two regions together would be way too much like HG/SS, and I think that would create to much of an outrage for them, that they wouldn't be even close to willing to make a game like that.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I think if we do travel to another region it will be a very far away one, so any previous region could still be possible since Unova is said to be far away from all of them, and Looker did mention the fact N went to a faraway region. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to go and find N in that new region. On the B2W2 website it mentions the map as "One page of the map". Its odd that they would say that unless there is another page to it? Wouldn't they just say "The map" rather than "One page of the map". Its interesting.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
^It stated it was only one page of the map? That's very interesting. I'd like to know what they mean on that one.
I feel like the second page is just a melted Unova map. I personally just don't see us travelling elsewhere, but i'm down for anything.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
i think it may be just an ingame barrier to stop progress in the wrong direction like the snorlax was and gatehouses sometimes are.
but it does seem like just a cover as it is translucent so who knows?

...Gamefreak...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well the new trailer of the game also has the ice on the map as well. I'm thinking it will just be a blizzard that we will have to stop by defeating/catching Kyreum. Both sides have good arguments. But I am gonna stick with it just being a massive blizzard we will have to stop. And yes they ar eputitng more details on the map because it is not the in game map. Remember Sinnoh and Hoenn has similar 3d maps just showing where everything is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well the new trailer of the game also has the ice on the map as well. I'm thinking it will just be a blizzard that we will have to stop by defeating/catching Kyreum. Both sides have good arguments. But I am gonna stick with it just being a massive blizzard we will have to stop. And yes they ar eputitng more details on the map because it is not the in game map. Remember Sinnoh and Hoenn has similar 3d maps just showing where everything is.

Yeah possible it could indicate the weather itself, that'd be kinda weird/annoying though, half the region in snow/ice. >__> I'd much rather if it was all just iced rather than a blizzard. XD;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Yeah possible it could indicate the weather itself, that'd be kinda weird/annoying though, half the region in snow/ice. >__> I'd much rather if it was all just iced rather than a blizzard. XD;
Agreed, though I'd want Unova to have more ice around the region. Platinum already had snow patches around Sinnoh.

Years
Personally, I WOULD LOVE to have half of the region being frozen in -game.
Just to include a sense of mystery/danger surrounding Unova...
But anyway, I wonder what could lies under those poorly edited glacier under the map...

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I'm pretty sure that the ice is just a cover to hide new places in development that they don't want to reveal yet, but my mind can't stop speculating on all the possibilities lol.

Combining a couple theories here, but what if the ice is a barrier around that side of Unova created by Kyurem? And then that side of the world is "frozen in time" for some reason? While unlikely, since there isn't really a time plot mentioned anywhere, it would add a nice twist to pokemon that hasn't really been there before.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Combining a couple theories here, but what if the ice is a barrier around that side of Unova created by Kyurem? And then that side of the world is "frozen in time" for some reason? While unlikely, since there isn't really a time plot mentioned anywhere, it would add a nice twist to pokemon that hasn't really been there before.

The Shadow Triad did give you the creation trio orbs, and Dialga has been involved in such a plot before, but I don't see a non-Unova legendary playing a large role in the story.

Years
Having a 'Frozen World' aspect would be very interesting. The ice does look a bit odd, more that it is covering something up than being apart of the scenery, but the idea is cool and it would be cool to have it actually in place, instead of just a town.​

Years
Can't remember if I posted here before, but I think there's nothing to this ice, at all. For one thing the way it's illustrated would suggest that that area of Unova is physically frozen in a block of ice, rather than the weather being colder. The ice is just there to cover up those areas so we won't see the changes until we're playing the game- that's it. Notice of covers basically every area that's inaccessible in BW until you beat the game? :) Just like when HGSS' Johto map, there were thick clouds covering the Battle Frontier, because they hadn't announced the Frontier at that stage.

Tl;Dr, the ice is just covering things, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
The Shadow Triad did give you the creation trio orbs, and Dialga has been involved in such a plot before, but I don't see a non-Unova legendary playing a large role in the story.

I can very much see GAME FREAK adding in a run-in with either the Creation Trio or Team Galactic themselves as an added post game sort of thing, but not as a main plot point. Team Galactic could think that the freeze was caused by the Creation Trio, and come to a certain area to investigate, and we could have a nice little side quest there. Hopefully involving a battle with Cyrus, because he's epic. But hopefully with non wimpy pokes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I appears that the ice is just covering up part of Unova that they dont want us to see yet. The land is not actually frozen. Obviously something drastic has changed in Unova(it probably looks different)

Years
I think the ice is to conceal certain places until the post-game. I don't think Unova has really been frozen over...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the ice is just a hint for something in the game, and it's just there for the looks. I mean we've already seen that side of the region before. Why would they hide it? Of course there's possible new places but I mean they've shown us the other half of Unova...

Years
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the ice is just a hint for something in the game, and it's just there for the looks. I mean we've already seen that side of the region before. Why would they hide it? Of course there's possible new places but I mean they've shown us the other half of Unova...

Well yeah, I mean it's likely that they went with ice instead of clouds (as they have in the past), to go with the fact that the mascot Pokemon is Ice type.
But they're obviously hiding it because they've changed something about it. If you think about it, in BW you couldn't access Eastern Unova at all until after you'd beaten the League, but now that Kyurem is the mascot legendary it's almost certain we're going to be able to battle it before the League, meaning they've done SOMETHING with at least Giant Chasm to make it more suitable to the main story.
Also, there's always Undella Town, Black City/White Forest, it's highly likely the latter have been changed or something, so to keep us wondering they've covered it up. Although they may well just announce some of these things anyway, as they did with the Frontier in HGSS XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Imo the most sense would make ice boundary line created by Kyurem. Not frozen world, not blizzard, just boundary line separating Unova. In R/S/E in Rusturf Tunnel young couple is separated until player destroys boundary rocks. Similar thing could be done with ice boundary line. I think we'll be able to see people from other side trying to break ice boundary line with no success until Kyurem is caught by player.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Or perhaps the ice will begin to dissolve as Kyurem senses it's hero getting closer, allowing it to battle, then the whole barrier will break into pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back