• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Games Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Oh, I was going to ally myself with Whitney anyway due to how awesome Miltank and Tauros are.

At any rate, here is my team 4 badges in (I was going to have a story to go along with this, but I'm a lazy person.):

Spr_2s_158.png
Spr_2s_098.png
Spr_2s_120.png
Spr_2s_241.png
Spr_2s_128.png
Spr_2s_133.png

Fangus/ King / ThrownStar /Whitney /Buck /Ellis/
Level 40 /Level 30/ Level 22/ Level 15/ Level 15/ Level 30/

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Today we had a snow day so I was able to focus on nothing but this challenge and consider the Hunger Games Complete! My final party was:
Ariados (lvl 100), Butterfree (lvl 100), Weepinbell (lvl 100), and I allied with the ice gym leader so Piloswine (lvl 100)

I guess I don't mind grinding as much as some other people!

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Wow, I'm behind. Well here's:
Update #1
+Got Totodile who I named Carl
+Did Mr. Pokemon Sidequest
+Caught Pidgey
+Beat 1st Gym (No Alliance)
+Hatched Togepi
+Evolved Carl
Current Team:
Carl (Crocanaw) Lv. 22

Years
This seems a nice and interesting challenge.

Username- Seppy
Game- Fire Red
District- 11
Optional Rules - 8

So, since i've got Grass and Bug, and can't learn surf, waterfall and dive, i can catch one single water pokémon, am i correct?

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Username- Ultimate69
Game- heart gold
District- 13
Optional Rules - none

seppy you can have slave pokemon to have all your HMs on but cant battlewith them

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
@seppy correct one water pokemon. or other hm slaves butonly one in your party.at a time.

welcome to the challenge seppy and ultimate69

11wildy

Me!
Years
I decided to do the challenge on Leafgreen. District 3. There's one steel type, which pairs with electric anyway.. Go Electric monolocke >.<

Username: 11wildy
Game: Leafgreen
District: 3
Optional Rules: None (altough I won't buy healing items AFTER Brock.)

One question: Can I use Electabuzz/Zapdos? Electabuzz is not available on Leafgreen, can I hack one in? Or am I stuck with Pikachu, Jolteon, Electrode and Magneton.

Years
I just found out that if i don't elaborate a perfect strategy, i'm practically f*****d.
Since grass is my type, i chose Bulbasaur as my starter. To have a team, i had to catch a Caterpie and a Weedle (that after i released because i caught a Shiny Kakuna). With no problems i defeated Brock since i was grass, and in Mt. Moon caught a Paras. Reached Cerulian, defeated Misty, and it took all the morning to train my pokémon to a decent level because i recalled that Gary has a Pidgeotto, that luckily i defeated with Ivysaur nearly dying.
So at the moment, i have:
-Ivysaur lvl 24
-Butterfree lvl 20
-Beedrill (Shiny) lvl 19
-Paras lvl 19
I've done a little research and noticed that the only pokémons i can catch are Oddish, Eggxecute, Venonat and Scyther, but the last 3 i can obtain them only after Fuchsia. So yeah, i have to do 3 gyms and travel with 5 pokémon, where only Ivysaur is good and Butterfree is ok with confusion, but the other three at the moment are useless.
I sure had to choose a new generation game, with more possible pokémon to catch and use. And no, i won't accept alliance with other gyms and have a third type, that's my extra challenge. Because yes, i love to kill myself more than i am already. Still, i wanted to congratulate with you, hopelessangelic, for making a nice challenge, even if i'm screwed i'm having quite a lot of fun, feels more like an adventure.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
@11wildy, welcome to the challenge!
@ Seppy, glad you enjoy it! It is suppose to be one of the harder ones :) I find killing myself fun as well. I'm glad you are putting so much thought into it :)

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
This sounds like a fun challenge. Heres my sign up sheet.

Username-Element0
Game- Heart Gold
District- 4
Optional Rules- 7

I'll start updating once I've cleared my old data on HG.

Years
I'll try too :)

Username-Netko
Game-Emerald
District-4
Optional Rules?
7 and 8
I haven't played Pokemon for a while so I'm gonna spend almost a whole day playing it. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Welcome Element 0 and Netko! Hope you guys enjoy it!

My update. ...
Beat 2nd and 3rd gym.. kicked plasmas butt and is basically a solo run. ... Oh well I might trade some other dragons

Years
Here's my update:
-Evolved Paras to Parasect. Use TM Dig, Secret Power & Bullet Seed. Lvl 34
-Evolved Ivysaur to Venusaur. No TM's. Lvl 34
-Caught Oddish and evolved to Gloom. Used HM Cut & Flash. Lvl 33
-Beedrill. TM Brick Break & Giga Absorb. Lvl 35.
-Butterfree. TM Aerial Ace & Return. Lvl 37
-Obtained Scyther at Game Corner (Gave all my money for coins, since i couldn't buy nothing at market. Game Corner is not market, so i didn't consider it breaking the rules, if so, tell me and i'll release him). No TM's. Lvl 35

Defeated Surge with no problem using Parasect and Dig. Defeated Erika with no problem using Butterfree and Aerial Ace. Done Lavander Tower with no problem using the new Scyther's Pursuit and Wing Attack. Defeated the Dojo with Scyther's Wing Attack. Have to finish Sylph Co. & Fuchsia next.
I was wondering, since i'm using the emulator, if i could use a cheat to replace the HM slave i need for surf and waterfall.
Luckily, using TM's, i'm managing to survive for the moment, still afraid of Blaine at Cinnabar.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
What is your stance on Legendaries? I'm assuming that I'm allowed to use Suicune for District 4 seeing as you never mentioned them in the rules, but I just want to make sure.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
everyone who posted is in. and yes you can hack pokemon if needed. and finally yup you can use legendaries if you want

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
I just beat the Elite 4. I still have a lot of work to do before I can even attempt to beat Red, but I'll get there eventually! (Though, I must admit that the farther I get into this game, the more terrifying it becomes...) Props to Lance's Outrage Dragonight that took out my Tauros and HM slave Goldeen.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Various Pictures:
Spoiler:

Dead Box:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
update, just beat the first gym. My party is a lvl 16 Geodude and a lvl 15 onix working my way to the second gym now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back