• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
HORRAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! Somebody else finally posted!!!!

-Quake Smashers: Interesting concept... Cloudian Eye of the Typhoon is replaced by an LV series with a few too many monsters for my taste. Most level monsters have a maximum of four times leveling up, and they do it slightly easier in some regards (Armed Dragon, for example, with the useless dragon levelling up after one turn on the field.) Maybe just cut it down to level four and up so that the deck clog isn't so bad? Anyway, freaking insane effect destruction. Your opponent is gonna want to take these babies out and fast before they start really banging with the destruction mill.

That's why you can summon them seperately, and for example start off with LV6, with just a power decrease. Just because a lower LV exists doesn't exactly mean you have to use it, right?

As for the comment about monarchs.... Remember "The Dark Critic?" Yeah, play him and there's no tribute summoning for a short time. Between the two, that's a nice little lockdown scenario. Actually, I'm probably switching Critic's type to Fiend and dropping his recurrence clause in order to make it so that he's includable in Sky Scourge decks. How's that for killing the opponent?

No, I actually didn't remember.

Ooh, and... LaDD doesn't LOL. At max, it's 2800. That's 100 Atk points fewer. As long as you summon first, this thing will run it over, and on top of that LaDD nukes the field and doesn't get to special summon anything. Owwwie....

My bad.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
About the quake smashers...

-Lv 2: useless. Just use Lv 4. 1600 is still very respectable and they keep their effect unlike stupid Allure Queens

-Lv 4: probably the best out of the 5 because it's splashable. The atk decrease is neglectable. It serves as a decent beatstick against Skill Drain with its high atk power. It basically got gravekeeper assailant's effect without needing necrovalley... it's almost broken o_O; There's hardly any lv 4 monster out there with 1600 def to live against its position switching effect, and hence why the 2000 atk is really not much (maybe just Spy and that's almost it). The additional effects are icing.

-Lv 6: nuuu we lost splashability! Without lv 4's effect, you can't stand up to other 1 tributes if the opponent is attacking on their turn, but you can run over anything that you want with 2200 atk, as no 1 tribute (or any monster) got 2200+ def but dragon ice.

-Lv 8: it's like armed dragon, if you're playing dedicated quaker deck, this is the one to stop on. We get an improved effect destruction to prevent recruiters/that sort of thing with a minor burn.

-Lv 10: strong numbers, but in almost all cases, nothing that Lv 8 cannot do. It gets game ending protection... but...

A problem with quaker is that the current game is dominated by dark monsters. A lot of the quaker's level up requires on activating an effect that requires the opponent to use fire, water or earth. Unless you're against volcanic monarch it's pretty hard to use the level up. This is for lv 4 and 6.

Lv 8 gets very powerful, but then again, how does it destroy something by battle if its effect destroys any lv 6 or lower monster? The only possibilities are LaDD or DMoC, and neither of them are in any way easy to beat... there's a 3rd option, and that is to somehow force your opponent to ram into Lv 8 since your effect only activates when you attack them, and not them attacking you... but good luck doing that... staunch defender? =(

Basically, we have to use Level Up to get Lv 10, and since both Level Up and Lv 10 are situational cards (even if game ending protection, though still killed by one Raiza/Zaborg/that type of thing), it's best to stay with Lv 8 if playing them with dedication.

Best deal of course, is to splash the Lv 4 since that gravekeeper assailant-like effect without needing a field spell card is very powerful. Basically, it kills anything lv 4 and under, except Spy and Necroface... and a few other oddballs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
About the quake smashers...

-Lv 2: useless. Just use Lv 4. 1600 is still very respectable and they keep their effect unlike stupid Allure Queens

-Lv 4: probably the best out of the 5 because it's splashable. The atk decrease is neglectable. It serves as a decent beatstick against Skill Drain with its high atk power. It basically got gravekeeper assailant's effect without needing necrovalley... it's almost broken o_O; There's hardly any lv 4 monster out there with 1600 def to live against its position switching effect, and hence why the 2000 atk is really not much (maybe just Spy and that's almost it). The additional effects are icing.

The downside, of course, being that you lose Battle Damage unless you run a "Piercing damage" equip.

-Lv 6: nuuu we lost splashability! Without lv 4's effect, you can't stand up to other 1 tributes if the opponent is attacking on their turn, but you can run over anything that you want with 2200 atk, as no 1 tribute (or any monster) got 2200+ def but dragon ice.

And it can't be beat by plain old Cyber Dragon, either. :)

-Lv 8: it's like armed dragon, if you're playing dedicated quaker deck, this is the one to stop on. We get an improved effect destruction to prevent recruiters/that sort of thing with a minor burn.

-Lv 10: strong numbers, but in almost all cases, nothing that Lv 8 cannot do. It gets game ending protection... but...

A problem with quaker is that the current game is dominated by dark monsters. A lot of the quaker's level up requires on activating an effect that requires the opponent to use fire, water or earth. Unless you're against volcanic monarch it's pretty hard to use the level up. This is for lv 4 and 6.

During production, LV6 was aimed mor especifically against Monarch (all of them kind of were, really) so all you need to see is Mobius or Thestalos. LV4 was an addition and another way to get rid of the ever-annoying Grand Mole stall with extra revenge.

Lv 8 gets very powerful, but then again, how does it destroy something by battle if its effect destroys any lv 6 or lower monster? The only possibilities are LaDD or DMoC, and neither of them are in any way easy to beat... there's a 3rd option, and that is to somehow force your opponent to ram into Lv 8 since your effect only activates when you attack them, and not them attacking you... but good luck doing that... staunch defender? =(

Right on both counts.

Basically, we have to use Level Up to get Lv 10, and since both Level Up and Lv 10 are situational cards (even if game ending protection, though still killed by one Raiza/Zaborg/that type of thing), it's best to stay with Lv 8 if playing them with dedication.

Best deal of course, is to splash the Lv 4 since that gravekeeper assailant-like effect without needing a field spell card is very powerful. Basically, it kills anything lv 4 and under, except Spy and Necroface... and a few other oddballs.

Thank you, Frostweaver, for pretty much hitting the nail on the head. Yes, the ideal would be to run a 4-6-8 line, and maybe a random 10 depending on meta. The original idea was in response to Monarch, mainly, so it worked out rather well (with the exception of LV4's slight overpower, anyway).

Now, a new card:

Solemn Darkness
Counter Trap
You can only activate this card when an effect that would negate one of your card effects is activated. During the turn you activate this card, effects of cards you control cannot be negated.

Yes, severe LaDD hate.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Most common monarch has always been light or wind (and dark when dark monarch is out in the next structure deck)... mobius is a tech, and relying on a tech to level up will suck =(

Solemn Darkness- bleh... guess it helps against skill drain too, but that's better to just sidedeck your usual continuous spell/trap hate to kill skill drain. As for LaDD hate, well not really. LaDD technically got half of your LP and 1 CA back just forcing you to use this. And er, how is this a counter trap...? From wording, it's not responding to anything. Sounds like a trap or normal spell more o_o;;

Gem Missile
Rock / Effect
4 Star / Light
0 Atk / 1800 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by 900 for every "Crystal Beast" card you have in your spell/trap zone. This card can attack your opponent directly. All damage calculation dealt to your opponent as a result of a direct attack for this card is halved.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Most common monarch has always been light or wind (and dark when dark monarch is out in the next structure deck)... mobius is a tech, and relying on a tech to level up will suck =(

Solemn Darkness- bleh... guess it helps against skill drain too, but that's better to just sidedeck your usual continuous spell/trap hate to kill skill drain. As for LaDD hate, well not really. LaDD technically got half of your LP and 1 CA back just forcing you to use this. And er, how is this a counter trap...? From wording, it's not responding to anything. Sounds like a trap or normal spell more o_o;;

Gem Missile
Rock / Effect
4 Star / Light
0 Atk / 1800 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by 900 for every "Crystal Beast" card you have in your spell/trap zone. This card can attack your opponent directly. All damage calculation dealt to your opponent as a result of a direct attack for this card is halved.

That should be "Crystal Missile". Also, I don't think any "Crystal Beast" support should come in the form of Monster Cards. Stick with Spell and Trap Cards. No offense, it's just that it doesn't seem like the "Crystal Beast" theme really needs more Monster Cards.

That said, I'm going to start working on the Third-Level Nightmarens. These are the normal enemies you find in the stages.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009

Should I add in WIND-attribute monsters to be included, then? Or wouldn't that be a bit much?

......D'OH!

Gem Missile
Rock / Effect
4 Star / Light
0 Atk / 1800 Def

...Now, I've actually tried a Crystal Beast deck in WC08, and I have to say...that's a bit too much. It is quite easy to get three Crystal Beast monsters out there with all of the support, at which point you're already beating out anything under Level 7 with a freebie monster that gets to attack directly while your opponent is stuck. Yes, Heavy Storm will kill it, and it still has a S/T-weak, but that's what Rainbow Ruins is for.

Really, the biggest problem that Crystal Beast has is the lack of real non-situational beatstick monster, but you just solved that with a vengeance. I'd say cut the increase down to 600 or so, so that at least 3 monsters will only get it on par with Sapphire Pegasus & most average 4-star beatsticks.

Now, just to contribute:

Golden Soldier
LIGHT/Warrior/Effect
2 Stars/700 ATK/1300 DEF
When your opponent's monster destroys this card as a result of battle, you may select one card from your deck and remove it from play face-down. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this effect's activation, add the selected card to your hand.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Magic The Gathering

Cyclone of Destruction 3BBBBB
Sourcery-God' Wrath
(You may only play one God' Wrath per turn.)
Destroy all creatures with flying, including your own.
"The skies tore apart, spelling more doom to the planet."
Rare

Magic The Gathering

Dought of the World- 3RRRRR
Sorcery- God's Wrath
(You may only play one God's Wrath per turn.)
Destroy all islands and blue creatures, including your own.
"Soon, the ocean had dried up, being death to many who lived there."
Rare

Magic The Gathering

The Fire of Country's Death
Sorcery- God's Wrath
(You may only play one God's Wrath per turn.)
Destroy all Forests and Green Creatures, including your own.
"The crops were destroyed, bringing hunger and pain to many."
Rare

Don't just post again and again for your cards. Edit your post instead. Also, this thread is mainly for Yu-Gi-Oh! It would help if there were a separate thread for Magic.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Don't just post again and again for your cards. Edit your post instead. Also, this thread is mainly for Yu-Gi-Oh! It would help if there were a separate thread for Magic.

It's actually for all of them. There just isn't as many of us who focus more on MTG than YGO.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Oops. Guess I neglected the part of the monster attacking other monsters instead of attacking directly.

Gem Missile
Rock / Effect
4 Star / Light
0 Atk / 1800 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by 900 for every "Crystal Beast" card you have in your spell/trap zone. This card cannot battle with your opponent's monster, and can attack your opponent directly. All damage calculation dealt to your opponent as a result of a direct attack for this card is halved. During your end phase, switch this card to defense position.

I don't recall any existing monster that got a wording related to only direct attacking but not allowed to attack other monsters =o

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmmm....

The Hostile PLUTO
Monster/Water/Fairy/Effect/8*
Atk 2000/ Def 1500
This monster cannot be special summoned. In order to normal summon this monster, you must pay two thousand life points in addition to offering tribute monsters. As long as this monster remains on the field, no other monsters can be summoned, special summoned, or flip summoned.

And I'm usually the one with massive swarm effect cards. o_0

A Wanderer's Fate
Normal Spell
Tribute one "Wandering" monster on your side of the field. Destroy spell and trap cards on the field equal to the number of "Wandering" monsters on the field.

Afterlife Rave
Counter Trap
When your opponent activates a card effect that special summons a monster from their graveyard, negate that effect and remove three monsters from both player's graveyards from play.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Oops. Guess I neglected the part of the monster attacking other monsters instead of attacking directly.

Gem Missile
Rock / Effect
4 Star / Light
0 Atk / 1800 Def

Increase the Atk of this card by 900 for every "Crystal Beast" card you have in your spell/trap zone. This card cannot battle with your opponent's monster, and can attack your opponent directly. All damage calculation dealt to your opponent as a result of a direct attack for this card is halved. During your end phase, switch this card to defense position.

I don't recall any existing monster that got a wording related to only direct attacking but not allowed to attack other monsters =o

"When this card attacks, make the attack a Direct Attack."

......If it's going into defense, then why even bother giving it such a big power boost? Just increase it by 450 (or 500 to avoid the odd number) for each Crystal Beast and don't bother cutting the damage in half. Otherwise, there's still a problem with possible abuse (RoD if/when it comes off the banlist, for instance).

Hmmm....

The Hostile PLUTO
Monster/Water/Fairy/Effect/8*
Atk 2000/ Def 1500
This monster cannot be special summoned. In order to normal summon this monster, you must pay two thousand life points in addition to offering tribute monsters. As long as this monster remains on the field, no other monsters can be summoned, special summoned, or flip summoned.

And I'm usually the one with massive swarm effect cards. o_0

I...think I would rather use The Last Warrior from Another Planet in this case. That way, I've also got a semi-beatstick in the meantime and a bit more power on the final monster.

A Wanderer's Fate
Normal Spell
Tribute one "Wandering" monster on your side of the field. Destroy spell and trap cards on the field equal to the number of "Wandering" monsters on the field.

An easy way to get down to 1 Wandering monster for the purpose of Limit Breaks while at the same time clearing the backrow. Not too bad.

Afterlife Rave
Counter Trap
When your opponent activates a card effect that special summons a monster from their graveyard, negate that effect and remove three monsters from both player's graveyards from play.

That should probably have an extra part about if the player has less than three in their Graveyard, such as "If there are less than three monsters in a player's graveyard, he/she removes all of them." As-is, having less than three monsters means that you don't have to remove any.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Hostile PLUTO- difficult to use x_x; there's still plenty of removal by spells and traps out there, or just bouncing it back to the hand is painful ;_; I don't think the 2000 LP cost is really necessary considering the 2 tribute requirement even with gellenduo, because it's still highly vulnerable with low stats.

Wanderer's Fate- so many wanderer cards that i think there's double the amount of them than snowhorns now o_O and even more than Psycho Heroes, but yeah... Don't remember those cards to really judge this one.

Afterlife Rave- current wording actually say that you can't use this card unless both players got 3 monsters in their graveyard too o_o; Not sure what is your intension with that last part of the effect.

As for Gem Missile, i was basically making a random card in order to stay on topic and not let this thread die XD; But actual high number comes into play in terms of some cards like Magic Cylinder, Messenger of Peace and so on. Those card effects will utilize the actual number. Yeah like I said, it's a random card and I am still finishing world 1 right now on 2008 XD; (I hate how Pikeru hardly ever appears... and I need to do it for 3 more times too to beat Curran 5 times)

A Hero's Last Hope
Normal Spell

Remove one "Elemental Hero" card on your side of the field from play to search your deck for "Miracle Fusion" and add it to your hand.

If anyone read some spoilers for the next set, we are getting some Jinzo family support. I'll look forward to see how the English TCG get around this one... All the japanese card relies on the wording of "android" (Jinzo is "Android Psycho Shocker Jinzo" in a rough translation) XD;

New type and new attribute with new rulings? Poor sea serpents and thunder and those underused types =x

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, we already have "Jinzo #7", the direct attacker version of Jinzo, so I don't see why the others wouldn't be named in the same manner. I'm kind of wondering about them... I know their anime effects, and the "Android Psycho Shocker Emperor" or whatever the big one is had some kind of trap destruction effect that burns the opponent, I thought. But Jinzo prevents traps from being activated as well as destroying face-up ones, so.... hmm... not sure what I think about that.

Just as an afterthought here...

The Hostile PLUTO (Take Two)
Monster/Water/Fairy/Effect/7*
Atk 2400/ Def 1400
This monster cannot be special summoned. As long as this monster remains on the field, no other monsters can be normal summoned, special summoned, or flip summoned. This monster deals piercing damage.

And the next attack...

Raving Ghoul
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/4*
Atk 1400/ Def 400
When a monster is removed from play, place one "Rave Counter" on this card. This monster's Atk and Def are increased by the number of "Rave Counters" on it x300 points. When this monster destroy's an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you can remove one "Rave Counter" from this monster to remove the opponent's monster from play instead of sending it to the graveyard.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Well, we already have "Jinzo #7", the direct attacker version of Jinzo, so I don't see why the others wouldn't be named in the same manner. I'm kind of wondering about them... I know their anime effects, and the "Android Psycho Shocker Emperor" or whatever the big one is had some kind of trap destruction effect that burns the opponent, I thought. But Jinzo prevents traps from being activated as well as destroying face-up ones, so.... hmm... not sure what I think about that.

He doesn't destroy face-up traps in the real game...

Just as an afterthought here...

The Hostile PLUTO (Take Two)
Monster/Water/Fairy/Effect/7*
Atk 2400/ Def 1400
This monster cannot be special summoned. As long as this monster remains on the field, no other monsters can be normal summoned, special summoned, or flip summoned. This monster deals piercing damage.

Better. It's in ALO's range, though, which makes it a bit dangerous (hey, even if it's a semi-situational Field Spell, cards like this would make it worthwhile). Level 8/different attribute, please.

And the next attack...

Raving Ghoul
Monster/Dark/Fiend/Effect/4*
Atk 1400/ Def 400
When a monster is removed from play, place one "Rave Counter" on this card. This monster's Atk and Def are increased by the number of "Rave Counters" on it x300 points. When this monster destroy's an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you can remove one "Rave Counter" from this monster to remove the opponent's monster from play instead of sending it to the graveyard.

So, basically, all you need is to give it a single counter and you suddenly have a monster that can either remove anything that it kills from play for free or power itself up, and with a respectable ATK, as well? And it's Tomato-searchable, no less. If the current format had more battling I'd say it was broken, but it still has a S/T weak.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ehh...short break from the military so I'm going to post something quick. Not going to comment on everything, though. xP

A Hero's Last Hope: umm...yay for fusion e-hero? I suppose this is a handy way to get out that Wildedge or Shining Flare when you need it, possibly even set up some kind of return rush. (lawl, E-hero return) but I dunno', removing a monster from your field isn't too much fun. =O

The Hostile PLUTO: The Last Warrior from Another Planet, now without fusion summon, with extra damage pierce and 50 extra Atk. Meh, not my cup of tea. I tried using the last warrior as a stall mechanism in one of my Spirit Caller decks, but it annoyed me because it was such a pain to keep it from locking you out too. The damage pierce is a nice addition, though, as it actually means that your opponent can't just draw the game out and avoid battle damage by constantly setting monsters. :3

Raving Ghoul: Indeed, quite a useful card, though you'd have to find a suitable victim for the first kill (or two) to get the Atk power up. Graveyard hate is still very trendy.

Aaaanyways:

Wicked Tome of Entrapment
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1200 Atk / 500 Def

When this card attacks or is attacked, you may discard one Spell Card from your Hand in order to negate the attack and equip this card with the Monster it would have battled with (treated as an Equip Spell Card). If this card is removed from the Field other than as the result of a Card Effect, all Monsters equipped to this card are Special Summoned to their owners' Fields in their original Battle Positions. During each Standby Phase, you may remove a card equipped to this card from play.

Gale Sweep
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack. Return all Attack Position Monsters on the Field to their owners Hands.

And something completely weird. x3

Twilight Spirit - Everett
Fairy/Effect
10 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2200 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned or removed from the Field by any card effects except its own. When Tribute Summoning this card, the tributes must be one DARK and one LIGHT Attribute Monster. During each of your opponent's End Phases, you may select one Monster that was sent to your graveyard during that turn and Special Summon it to your Field. When this card is destroyed by Battle, Special Summon it from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned in this way, its effect becomes the following:
- The original Atk and Def of this card are switched and the Attribute of this card is treated as DARK. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, destroy all cards on the Field. When this card is destroyed by battle, both players discard their Hands.

Last edited:

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
Years
Heh, I know what I mean (had precisely the same thing with my necro gadget set a while back :3). As for sources, well, like I've said YGO Wikia has pretty much every card ever printed, with the newest wordings on each card, so knock yourself out. Though...you'll probably want to check the cards from newer sets since the older ones don't always have modernized wordings. =O

Stellar Galaxy: Ohh...now this is nasty. Very nasty, in fact. Anything that isn't called D.D. Survivor will really have to think twice before hitting on an empty field. (Unless they have RftDD in the wings)

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: Ahh...now we're getting to the wording modernization. Nowadays you can just say '"Cosmic" Monster' rather than 'Monster with "Cosmic" in its name". Also, you can just say "this card can attack directly" so the 'your opponent's Life Points' bit is no longer necessary. Ehh...it's strong enough to beat down Stratos and Zombie Master without assistance (since the gladiator itself is a cosmic monster) and though the nomis are still kind of so-so, the ability to swing directly for 2200+ of your opponent's life points is a pretty tempting prospect.

Okay. Fixed, thanks.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: You don't need to say 'card' in that first effect. Ehh...the original was more useful, actually. The only way to get this without tribute is to summon it in attack (which is asking for poor Venus to get...actually, let's not get into that one. Decency in children's card games. xD), and on the field it's not really doing anything that spectacular since your opponent will most likely destroy or spin the nomis by card effect rather than battle them. I'd say drop to 2200 Def and make it 4-star. That way cosmic can at least use this as a steady wall. Heck, you could make it 2000 and return the old flip effect (It's not like we're doing anything bigger than Gravekeeper's Spy). The protection effect could be extended to cover card effects too. :3

...There can be a Flip effect and a Continuous effect in the same card?... *feels ignorant* Edited, then. =P

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: Only complaint is how it's sort of odd that one is removed and the others destroyed. If you intended to remove all of them you could try something like "Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and an additional Monster for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" and "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field then remove th selected cards from play.".

*slaps forehead* My stupidity never ceases to amaze me. -__- That was the original intent, thanks.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: in a way you made it stronger. A deck with a one-sided Jinzo isn't shy about using trap cards, and this lets them plunk it out on turn one with an average starting hand (and without expending a normal summon too). The major problem here is the one-sidedness. This...also doesn't quite seem to fit in with the rest of the set. Maybe make it mess around with your opponents traps in a way that includes the other cosmics somehow? (like, make it so cosmic monsters can't be target by traps or something) :3

Yeah. I wasn't too fond on how it worked, either. It has been quite modified.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: "If there a Field Spell other than "Stellar Galaxy" is face-up on the Field, destroy it and add one "Stellar Galaxy" from your Deck to your Hand." Fair enough. Since the field is now strong it gives this some actual usefulness too.

Okay. Thanks.

Luna and Sol: better. One problem, though: with the current wording Sun's Radiance and Moon's Tear won't work since both of those can only be summoned by their own effects. Just add a "ignoring summoning conditions" clause to the end of both spells and it's remedied. Also, a small wording update for the destruction effects: "Once per turn, if "Insert monster name here" is on your Field, you may select one Monster on your opponent's field and destroy it...etc."

I could have sworn I had placed that up. oO At any rate, they've also been edited to not need the other to use their effects. The other's presence is needed for a certain something else, though.

Well, there's improvement definitely. These are still lacking in support cards, though, and their current collection of monsters makes it sort of hard to create a solid deck. (I mean, they essentially have only two non-tributes capable of beating face and no clear opening plays) A few low-level cosmics and some nifty cosmic spells and traps to round it off (search, draw, summon, protection, whatever floats your boat. S/T removal would be nice, though) would be helpful, though I'm still slightly confused as to what the cosmic thing is (other than getting power-ups from Luna and Sol). But eh...it's your set. :3

Support and Trap cards added, and a main theme that revolves on all of the monster cards as well. I'm getting the hang of this...

...I hope...

Here are my most recent tries:

--//--

Stellar Galaxy
~Field Spell~

While this card is face-up on your Field, increase the ATK and DEF of all "Cosmic" monsters by 300 points. Also, any monster without "Cosmic" in their card name that inflicts Battle Damage to a player's Life Points by attacking directly is removed from play.

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator
1600 ATK // 1400 DEF
Pyro / Beast-Warrior
4* / Effect

Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each "Cosmic" monster on your side of the Field. If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is on your side of the Field, this card can attack directly. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover
600 ATK // 2000 DEF
Light / Fairy
4* / Flip & Effect

FLIP: If "Stellar Galaxy" is face-up on the field, then add one "Sun's Radiance" or "Moon's Tear" from your Deck to your Hand.

If "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" or "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" is destroyed by the means of a card effect, this monster is destroyed instead. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper
1700 ATK // 1400 DEF
Dark / Fiend
4* / Flip Effect

FLIP: Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and an additional Monster for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" and "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field then remove the selected cards from play. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass
400 ATK // 2600 DEF
Dark / Spellcaster
6* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing a Spell or a Trap card in your Hand from play. Once during your turn, you may remove a Spell or Trap card in your Hand from play. If you do so, negate all effects from Spell and Trap cards without "Cosmic" in their card name this turn. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger
1400 ATK // 1100 DEF
Wind / Winged Beast
3* / Effect

If there a Field Spell other than "Stellar Galaxy" is face-up on the Field, destroy it and add one "Stellar Galaxy" from your Deck to your Hand. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play.

Cancer, The Cosmic Guardian
0 ATK // 2600 DEF
Water / Beast
4* / Effect

While this card remains face-up on your side of the Field, all Battle Damage done to this card's controller becomes 0. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Libra, The Cosmic Balance
1500 ATK // 1400 DEF
Light / Fairy
4* / Effect

During each player's End Phase, check your opponent's Graveyard. If your opponent has less cards in his Graveyard than you, select cards from your Graveyard and return them to the bottom of your Deck until it has the same amount of cards as your opponent's. Shuffle your Deck afterwards. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Tauros, The Cosmic Rampage
2000 ATK // 200 DEF
Earth / Beast-Warrior
4* / Effect

Once during your turn, you may select a card from your opponent's Hand and remove it from play. If you do so, during your opponent's next turn, all attacks are treated as Direct Attacks. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress
2500 ATK // 2400 DEF
Dark / Spellcaster
8* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 2 "Cosmic" monsters. Once per turn, you may select one of your opponent's monster cards and increase your Life Points equal to the DEF of the selected monster. Remove that card from play afterwards. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Sol, The Cosmic Knight
2900 ATK // 2000 DEF
Light / Warrior
8* / Effect

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 2 "Cosmic" monsters. Once per turn, you may select one of your opponent's monster cards and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of the selected monster. Remove that card from play afterwards. If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that card from play instead.

Moon's Tear
~Normal Spell~

This card may only be activated by discarding a card from your Hand. Special Summon one "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Sun's Radiance
~Normal Spell~

This card may only be activated by discarding a card from your Hand. Special Summon one "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" from your Hand or Deck, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

Magical Cosmic Thorn
~Continuous Trap~

When your opponent's card(s) are removed from play, inflict 500 points of damage to his/her Life Points for each card that was discarded.

Cosmic Radiation
~Normal Trap~

This card can only be activated if "Stellar Galaxy" is active on the Field. Remove all monsters in your opponent's Graveyard from play.

Wish Upon a Cosmic Star
~Continuous Spell~

This card can only be activated if "Stellar Galaxy" is active on the Field. As long as "Stellar Galaxy" remains face-up on the field, at the start of your turns, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the number of removed cards from play x 200. When "Stellar Galaxy" is removed from the Field, this card is also destroyed.

Cosmic Twin Finale
~Normal Spell~

This card can only be activated if both "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" and "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" are on your side of the field. Inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of cards removed from play x 400.

--//--​

I'm not too keen on the new monsters' wording, specially Libra and Taurus. Well, it's rather late here anyways, so it's bound to have some idiotic mistakes around. *rubs sleep off of eyes* Hopefully an improvement, though.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'll comment.

Stellar Galaxy- ok fine

Mars- 1900 beatstick since there's always Mars itself, guess it's fine.

Venus- fine, though I'm pretty sure that there's better ways to get those 2 keycards

Pluto- so we get a scooped up man eater bug, with stats o_o; I think that I like this far more than mars will ever be. It can defend and block 2 attacks (block one, remove the other attacker), or attack with just 200 atk points lower. Far better than mars...

Saturn- quite a weak card... its effect is so short that basically your opponent cannot activate traps or quick play spell for the most part... and it is quite costly too. High defense doesn't do much for it. We need the effect to last at least until the end of the opponent's turn, and even then it's a weak stall. (we still got nasty monster effect to destroy saturn.)

Mercury- bleh just use terraforming already... not enough other card types that rely on field spell on the competitive level. Weak stats (compare to Pluto at least) doesn't help. It is an interesting effect that stops field cards to replace one another though.

Cancer- I don't know what's with the 2600 def on a no tribute monster with no drawback doing. However, it's really not too strong of an effect except for the brutal defense (which isn't too much in a way, but it's still breaking down the traditional barriers of 2200 def and lower only unless there's drawbacks)

Libra- it's quite interesting, although nowadays we're more frilled with filling the graveyard than to empty it. However, this card is indeed quite usable and interesting. Endless chain of recruiters or monster lines because the deck is constantly refilled is a start. There is probably other uses as well. For a cosmic galaxy deck though? Probably not that useful.

Tauros- new beatstick of splashability because it's 2000, and it got an awesome effect of removing things it destroys. You don't even have to use its other effect (also *insanely* good. Who cares about the direct attack if there's half a chance that Tauros will destroy that monster anyway? Unless they topdeck something nice.) The effect itself is balanced, but that 2000 attack really isn't... on top of the cosmic galaxy monster's effect of removal too... Splashing is not a bad thing, but this one is going to end up like Stratos type of splash beyond the level of Cyber Dragon.

Luna- useless... why? we got Sol. Without comparing to Sol, it's not bad of a card and even pretty strong. We remove a card from play, with minor LP boost for the heck of it. That's similar to chaos sorcerer. To be better, we get to hack away 2500 life points. It's searchable easily by Moon's Tear. What's holding it back is that it's darn hard to get out without Moon's Tear, making it situational.

Sol- broken... we remove a threat (chaos sorcerer?), deal burn damage that may reach up to 2400 if it hits monarch, then it can still attack with a massive atk power? Although we got tribute restriction and can't revive it unless it's properly summoned the first time (it's "except" not "only" similar to chaos sorcerer's ruling), we got Sol's Radiance to completely bypass it. I think that for starter, if it uses its effect, Sol shouldn't get to attack. It's already very deadly with remove and quite decent burn. It got good stats that are unparalleled without power boosts to the extreme of necrofaces, or plasma (or spell/trap of course).

Sol and Luna are both pretty crazy (Sol more terrifying than Luna)... as long as their respective spell cards are played, you can use them with standard cards without the rest of the cosmic galaxy set. Just focus your deck on drawing The Tear and Radiance to get one/both of them out, and that's how I see them to be played.

Magical Cosmic Thorn- not enough to tempt me to use a continuous trap to burn that way ._.;

Cosmic Radiation- fair enough, big burn in a safe manner... sorta. It does have its use against graveyard intense cards... oh wait, that's like 3/4 of all decktypes out there.

Wish Upon a Cosmic Star- so now we got more LP boost, similar to how sometimes necroface uses soul absorption to completely stall out heck of a lot. We also got Libra to do similar function as necroface to refill the deck... do I see a similarity?

Cosmic Twin Finale- just attack with Sol and Luna's great stats and awesome effects than to use this situational burn card ^_^;;

It's not a bad deck except for Sol, Tauros and Luna being crazy. It can do some pretty fun stuff with necroface (field card that builds in removal for necroface, while the deck and necroface both tries to remove cards? I think that's a winner if we think it out, but I'm too lazy to do that tonight.) Strangely enough, the field card itself isn't even that necessary... although the cards are made in a similar manner with the RFG effect, there's really nothing much unifying them together as they all function pretty well by themselves.

I'll once again hijack themes =P

Jupiter, the Cosmic Giant
Beast Warrior/Effect
6 Star/Wind
2400 Atk/2000 Def

While "Stellar Galaxy" is in play, this card can be normal summoned without tribute. Remove from play one "Cosmic" monster on your side of the field (except "Jupiter, the Cosmic Giant") in order to remove all spell and trap cards in play, except "Stellar Galaxy." If this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, remove that monster from play. If "Stellar Galaxy" is destroyed, remove this card from play.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Jupiter, the Cosmic Giant: a more violent and slightly more selective Heavy Storm on legs? With 2400 Atk and practical non-tribute for the theme? Wow, these are starting to look playable. o.o

Anyways, just referring to Frostweaver's comments for the rest. :3

Oh, and since I needed a bit of extra pressure for a certain RP battle. x3

Parasitic Virus
Continuous Trap

During each End Phase, both players pay Life Points equal to the number of "Parasite Demon" Monsters and Parasitic Tokens they control x 400.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Bleh of a card there Alter Ego, but guess it's more for RP than actual card game ;_;

I need a new theme of my own =O (need to sleep now, will make a better post tomorrow)

Back