• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon: Weavile's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm playing this game ASAP
sounds really interesting, and I like the saga part
the storyline and blood-revenge is eye-catching
hope you continue this you have my support

Also! can you tell me more about the custom features of this game? i congratulate you for creating that battle system

edit: Can you look for some troubles with the download? I'm getting this error message:

RGSS104E.dll could not be found

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years
I'm playing this game ASAP
sounds really interesting, and I like the saga part
the storyline and blood-revenge is eye-catching
hope you continue this you have my support

Also! can you tell me more about the custom features of this game? i congratulate you for creating that battle system

edit: Can you look for some troubles with the download? I'm getting this error message:

RGSS104E.dll could not be found
Glad you like it! Custom features? Hm...unless I have mistaken something of one of them, I can't really think of any. I suppose I could say that I want to have a custom in-game menu (not exactly what you asked for). But I cannot really think of any, sorry.

Oh, and when you get it to work, all of the 'following' events were made by me, but there are not original, I think. They just use events and map co-ordinates.

Yeah, that battle system has given me some trouble, but it mostly working. I think it still needs some tweaking, but it works. It's now made of multiple common events rather than just one massive one (very stupid idea that was).

I don't have any problems with downloading it. But I would guess that you have an older version of RGSS Player than I do, try this.
Open the configuration settings notepad 'thing' and change the 4 to a 2, in the second line. If it is a version difference this should fix it. An easy way to check is to find another configuration settings notepad 'thing' of your own game, or one that has worked and compare the two.

Hope I helped.

Kyther

Years
Hey everyone. Sorry it has been a while. Progress has still been slow, and I am sorry about that. I wanted the next update to include a lot more story-line involved, but that hasn't happened. Still stuck on the Charizard thing, but I have nearly completed the reunited part that is after the character choice (similar to that when you have to be Metagross). And don't worry, I will be going back to add the rest of the other characters that you can choose from.

However, what I would like to say is that, if anyone else has had the same problem as ★Hoenn★, that will be fixed in the next update. What! Next update!? Yes, I will be updating soon, but it will be very much like the last, only adding one extra part to it. And the save files should be compatible, I don't think I have added any new scripts to the game, but I will make sure and let you guys know if the saves are compatible or not.

So, in hopefully in a few days the update will be up. Don't hold me to it, but if I have a sudden stroke of genius, I might have the Charizard half of the next story-line event done. But that is if I have the time as well, due to the fact that I am now back at uni as of today!

Fingers crossed I can come up with an idea.

Kyther

Years
Alright guys, it is update time!

New download link has been added to the main post, along with another one. This one, the save file, does not need to be downloaded. I have put it there just in case your save file does not work. BUT the should.

**Added Town History to the main post. Just explains Pokemon that were in the town before they left(helps of story purposes)**

New things:
I have added all the town Pokemon into the town up until, but not including, arriving back from the forest (the first time)
A few map changes:
- Kids's 'hideout' and tunnels that connect to it

Added two new maps:
- Resort town
- Area before Resort town (never seen before ooooh!)

As I said above, you shouldn't need to use the save file download, but I do warn! If you last saved in any of the kid's hideout tunnels, you might find yourself stuck. So I suggest you move out of there before hand. (safest place would be in the town square)
If you do need to use it, just walk into the Swampert house to continue along to the next event. Also, sorry to say that I didn't get the Charizard half of the event finished.

For the next update, I will be working on fixing the rest of the town Pokemon and adding the other 'side quests', as well as adding the next event.

I look forward to your comments!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
OMG *o* I love this kinds of games! Kudos to you for making one of these, I love playing as Pokemon, and this looks really interesting.

However, I must, must, must point this out: in some of the screenshots and maps, I've seen human-made stuff like bookcases, notices, bridges, etc. I know it might seem weird, but having these in a Pokemon game makes no sense. You have to think that Pokemon are like animals, and therefore, they wouldn't be able to create stuff like that unless it looks extremely primitive. You don't see chimpanzees and gorillas using self-made hammers, do you? :P Try to work on that. Use Treasure Town as an example (albeit a really bad one)

Spoiler:

Now, I don't know where the cloth for the tents would come from, but logically I could see it being crafted from Spinarak/Ariados silk. Even the paint colors could have come from a Smeargle (maybe they can generate a colored liquid on their tail, or maybe changes based on what move it copies?). Anyway, just notice that a lot of the stuff in treasure town is made of natural resources like rocks and trees, and even though there are some advanced things there, each could be logically explained. The giant faces on the shops are probably made of painted clay.

My point is, even though Pokemon can do some advanced stuff, you gotta give it a primitive rendering to make it look more realistic and Pokemon-made. It wouldn't make much sense if humans came to the Pokemon world, built all this stuff, and then left :P So yeah. For the table, you could make it look roughly carved out of tree trunk, and not have a covering on it. For the paper, eh, maybe you could do some kind of wooden tablet that gets words carved into it? As for the bridge, definitely go with a kind of placed-down-log look. I dunno, it's your game, just some advice.

Will totally play the demo now if I can get the keys to work.

EDIT: Okay, so my keys won't cooperate, but I do like how it looks :D I noticed in-game that you had a bookshelf, potted plants, and leaf-themed cushions in Grovyle's den. I can't really see a bookshelf made of metal/whatever that bookshelf is made of in a Pokemon world. Maybe maybe it carved out of wood? If you decide to go with my tablet idea, you could replace the books with those. As for the potted plants, maybe change it to plants growing out of the ground with grass cracking through the floor. As for the cushions, there's an RSE decoration that's a log chair, so you could use that instead. Hopefully I'll be able to play this at some point!

Last edited:

Kyther

Years
PJBottomz, I haven't really given that topic much thought (have thought about it though), but as stated in the main post this was started in 2009 and I most common tiles I could find was LG/FR ones. I actually prefer them, that is why they are still their. And by your content of your post, I believe that you haven't gotten very far in the game. Now, Grovile's den as you call it, (and his house) is actually the only 'house' in Ponario that is in a cave as such. All the other houses are houses on the inside (if that makes sense). I never really picked one that I preferred but this is what I came up with.

Cave houses: More natural, suits the Pokemon more, but loses individuality(haha)
House houses: Totally unnatural, can confuse the hell out of you (who and how was it made??), but every house is different one one way.
(I did ask which one people preferred, but I have never gotten a response)

When I first started this, I was going for the idea that People had once lived on the land that they live on, and for some reason left. Although this idea was to never be explored in the game or even be here. There was another idea but that doesn't need to be discussed. Both of these were scraped along time ago.There was another idea but that doesn't need to be discussed. All in all, the insides of houses and 'human made' things were there from the beginning and have just stayed there. I could go back and revise all of that stuff, but for now it can stay as it is.

I like to see it as Pokemon are more intelligent than they are given credit for. And besides, Machop, Machoke and Machamp are there for heavy lifting!

This video I made of Ponario's changes though out time, actually shows Ponario from when I first made it to now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Phenomenal job so far Blazing.

I really thought the demo was amazing.

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hmmm... I see your point. That actually makes sense now that I think about it. I guess if humans lived there at one point and eventually left, some stuff would be left behind. That's actually a creative backstory when you look at it like that.

Concerning the house-house and the cave-house, that's actually a totally plausible idea. I think the only thing I'd recommend is to have the house kind-of "Pokewrecked" in that the Pokemon have messed around with stuff and used ordinary house stuff in interesting ways. I'm not totally sure how to explain it, but I doubt Pokemon would use the household objects like lamps and coffee makers the same way that humans would. Dunno if that makes sense.

I like that video, and all the changes that were made to the town. You have a really creative and unique mapping style! I adore the houses surrounded by water. Maybe you could try to vary the design of the houses? I'm sure every rock isn't made exactly the same way, right? :P You could probably even merge a few of them together but have them separated on the inside by a pile of crumbled rocks or... something. Overall, it's really neat.

And yeah, I couldn't get far. For some reason, most RPGM XP games don't work for me :( My control pad doesn't cooperate well with them for some reason, and I can't move. If it was easy to implement mouse-based movement (maybe it is?) I'd love that to play this. But yeah, this is still really cool and I'd love to play it if I could.

Good luck!

Kyther

Years
Just updated the first post with a new download.
This is not necessary to download, unless you have keyboard troubles. It just allows the mouse to be used to control the player, instead of using the keyboard. But it can still be used.
Left click moves player and interacts (action key)
Right click access menus and also the cancel key

However, using this download disables you to run/fly (move faster) in the game. I believe that this is the only drawback to using this, but if you find some that doesn't seem right, please let me know about it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The mouse version doesn't work for me either :( Grovyle just moves to the right and the left mouse button does nothing. Are these games only meant to work on Windows XP or something? Because I have Windows 7 and I think that might have something to do with it. If not, well, I guess I'm just destined to never play this game! Oh well. I still hope you can finish this! If you do ever find a workaround, just PM me about it. Otherwise, good luck on it!

Kyther

Years
Hey everyone. Just a quick post to say that I am not sure when the next update will happen. Not much progress has been made since uni and a few other things have taken up a lot of my time.
Just thought I would let you guys know.

Kyther

Years
Alright. As it may look, this appears to be dead, BUT I assure you it is not.

I am just very busy with uni and it has been taking up a lot of my time. So, I have come to the decision to have this thread locked for the time being, just until the holidays (which are actually not that long away), but also until I have more progress, and that I am satisfied with it.

So I thought that I would just let you guys know what is happening.

Catch you guys when a lot of progress has been done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back