• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your top 10 addicting games ?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet

I believe this goes her as it's about Video games
Video-games are a great thing to waste a few hours on, but some are moe addicting that others.
My top ten can be seen in my:video

but if you are too lazy to watch it:

10. tetris
9. all FB games
8. the sims
7.Animal crossing
6.pokemon
5.Harvest moon
4.Mario party
3. Call of duty MW series
2. Minecraft
1. World of Warcraft

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
1)Animal Crossing Wild World
2)Wii Sports Resort
3)Pokemon Soul Silver
4)Forever Blue 2
5)Test Drive Unlimited
6)Rune Factory 3
7)Xenoblade Chronicles
8)Final Fantasy XII
9)Resident Evil Revelations-Raid Mode
10)Chefville(lol)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My top ten of video games will be:

10. Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (PS version)
9. Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger
8. Kirby Air Ride
7. Puyo Puyo (Puyo Pop outside of Japan) 20th Anniversary
6. Pokemon Platinum
5. Pokemon HeartGold
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
2. Pokemon White
1. Pokemon Black 2

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
>Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
>Radiata Stories
>Valkyrie Profile 2
>osu!
>Dangan Ronpa
>Super Dangan Ronpa 2
>9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
>Pokemon Pearl
>Grief Syndrome
>Sly 3

If I start playing or reading (three are visual novels/games) any of these, then I NEED to either finish them or get to a decent enough point before I finish. Except with Osu I just need to play for like 4 hours and I'll be good.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Out of only games that I've played and in no particular order:

- Pokemon (main series)
Sometimes I don't feel like playing and make myself play anyway just to get stuff done, and I just don't want to put it down lmao. I get so into it that I ignore everything else basically. My favorite game series!

- Kingdom Hearts
This is a weird one, but I was so into Kingdom Hearts 2 my senior year of high school. Even when I was pissed off at the game, I was just pissed off enough to keep going and see what was past that obstacle, and the same goes for other games I've played in the series.

- Final Fantasy XIII
Yes, this specific game right here. I got stuck and left the game alone for a month then got the urge to play one day, got past what I was stuck on (in one try...) and played for seven hours straight. Imagine my face when I realized the time that day. Say what you want about FF13, but that battle style is just so fun and addicting.

- Harvest Moon
Saw an article for HM: A Wonderful Life in Nintendo Power and thought it seemed okay. Rented it and fell in love with it. I finished an in-game year in the five days I had it rented (very addictive man) and had to have a copy for myself. So I do! And have started plenty of files since. idk what it is about Harvest Moon games. They're just really relaxing to play.

- Viva Pinata
If Sims and Harvest Moon had a baby, this would be it. Sometimes it can be frustrating or tedious with those sour pinatas and making money isn't always the most fun, but you just wanna keep playing just to unlock more pinatas and get more to join your garden. You just wanna unlock ALL the things basically.

- Kirby Air Ride
Sorry Mario Kart, but this is definitely the most fun racing game for me. So many unlockables and it's just so different from other racing games I had played then, and still is. City Trial never gets old. Always hunting Hydra or Dragoon. So fun! And the music in this game is divine.

- Paper Mario
I was never good at the Mario main games, but this little diddy here...so much fun! I kinda sucked as a kid, but when I got it for Virtual Console in 2010, I was very pleased with it and couldn't leave it alone.

- The Sims
It's the same as with VP and HM. It's just so addictive in a strange way. Only in this one, you get to make people look to your liking. So you can make people you don't like burn in their home alone! I don't personally. But some do. lol

- Pokemon Puzzle League
PUZZLES ARE GREAT THIS IS NO EXCEPTION.

- Super Smash Bros Melee
I was more into this than Brawl honestly. It's just so good. It was a treat to come home from a tough day of 7th grade and get to beat up Pikachu with Young Link. This game also introduced me to the Zelda series, so I have it to thank for that as well as being addictive. Getting trophies is definitely an addictive quality.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
In no particular order:

-Pokemon Main Games
-Tetris
-Smash Bros. Series
-Mario Party 6
-Final Fantasy Series
-Fire Emblem Series
-Earthbound
-Paper Mario Series
-SimCity 4
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Here's my list in no particular order.

-Final Fantasy X
Please note that this game is not in my top 10 games, it's not in my top 10 RPGs, it's not even in my top 5 Final Fantasies, I don't which 5 are but it's not this one. I'm not a big fan of this game, you can't skip any of the awful cut scenes, the voices are all out of sync from the animation, the game makes you manually level up even though I only one path is open to you 98% of time, most skills are absolutely useless and you don't even get to start playing the game for real until you're 4 hours in. You also have to play the game twice or load someone else's memory card if you want to understand the fictional language that a race of people use in this game. I don't why I'm so addicted to this game but I am, I've spent more time on this game than any other game and I spend hours playing every time my brain goes blank and puts the disc into my PS2.

-Pokemon Crystal
I don't find this addicting any more but I feel like I should still put here since I use to be really addicted to this. I've completed this game more times than any other game, which is fair since there's an emulator that lets me run the game 10x faster than it normally does so it doesn't take very long. I use to play this game all the way up to Red and then I would start a new game and do it again, sometimes with the same Pokemon. I've completed the game with just Typhlosion and Kadabra like 50 times, just give thunder punch to Typhlosion and Ice Punch to Kadabra. You will breeze through the whole game until you get to Red's Snorlax.

-Golden Sun(The Lost Age)
This is another game I have completed many times. Sometimes I'll just feel like playing Golden Sun, but I don't want to continue whatever save file I have. I will start Golden Sun again all the way from the beginning with Isaac and get all the way to the end of the game and immediately transfer the data on a new game of The Lost Age and play that through all the way to the end. Then I will watch the credits and play it again on hard mode. I'm not as obsessed with this game as I use to be but there was a time when I was able to activate the so called Exaclibur RNG trick every time. I've been all over the internet looking at everyone's so called ultimate parties and I smirk at all the teams that don't have their parties dished out in equipment that increases the chance of unleashing critical hits.

-Tetris
Tetris is like a pyramid to me. It's incredibly old and it's a bunch of blocks, yet it is always so intriguing. I think one of my favourite things about Tetris is that the game appears to be getting more complex with all the features these newer versions spit out but in the end it all boils down to your Tetris skills. Actually does Tetris require skill or is it a game based on reflexes? I start the game out with a plan but by the time I get to level 10 it's just all instinct.

-The World Ends With You
If you have never played this game then I implore to you to do so right now. This game has so much to do and is actually really repetitive. You will play this for hours and just stop after a while because you've had enough. But sooner or later you will pick it up and go back to finish the story or collect whatever post game stuff you were working towards. Your inner completion-est will drag you back to this game every time and you'll be doing this a lot because there is a lot of stuff to collect. If you don't have an inner completion-est, well then congratulations you will after you start playing this game.

-Tekken(whichever version you own and is the latest)
I get addicted to Tekken, I'm not going to lie. This game is really repetitive even more so than Tetris, I've had identical battles many times but never an identical Tetris game. It's even worse in Tekken Tag 2 which is like my favourite Tekken game but there's nothing to work towards to like other Tekken games. You could unlock the movies but the game doesn't really fit into the storyline like Tekken Tag so the movies just normally end up being pointless crap. You could work towards unlocking equipment but thanks to lucky box you'll end up getting everything you want pretty quickly. Nonetheless the game is very addicting and I do enjoy playing it unlike Final Fantasy X which is addicting but not very fun.

-Final Fantasy V
This is a very fun Final Fantasy, while the first half anyway. Final Fantasy V has excellent game play but a not so good plot. You can play the game over and over again but depending on how you raised your jobs the game can be very different each time. Try playing the Four Job Fiesta and getting White Mage from the Wind Crystal. Final Fantasy V has three worlds. The first world is where you run all over the place getting your different jobs from the different crystals, pretty standard stuff. The second world is where it gets boring, the weapon upgrades come slowly and there's no new jobs to be gained and you lose access to your airship upon entering this world. The world is also rather barren and uninspiring probably because they spent all their effort in the first world. A lot of people just like to play the first world and just start again when they get to the second world because the game play is very good and the plot is bearable up to that point. However if you get to the third world then this is where it gets fun as everything is open to you. You can pretty much skip this whole world and jump straight into the final dungeon, but then you miss out on all the cool equipment and awesome spells. 2/3 of this game is incredibly fun and addicting, it's just too bad that the middle portion happens to be the boring part.

-Kingdom Hearts II gummi ship missions
Does anyone else just love playing these? I don't like building gummi ships in this game but I love going on the missions. I especially love when your gummi ship goes into hyper mode and you just completely wreck everything on screen.

-Crash Team Racing
Most people grew up with Mario Kart, but I however had good ol' Crash Team Racing. I played Crash Bandicoot while growing up and this game was absolutely enjoyable for me since I wasn't any good at Need For Speed or Grand Tursmo, seriously I was constantly in debt on Need For Speed: High Stakes since my car repairs were always higher than the amount of money I won. Crash Team Racing however was a lot more friendlier for me. Finally a racing game I was good at thanks to the ability to power slide and shoot rockets at other people.

-Generic Korean MMORPGs
Every now and then I will go through this phase where I feel like playing an online game and I will just start searching for some. I will normally find one within a few minutes sometimes I will go out of my way to get closed beta keys but thankfully I have a guy who can get me those. Normally I'll just play that one game for hours on end and get bored. Then I'll just search for another online game which is pretty much identical to one I just played and spend hours on that is well. All these games are pretty much Korean and most of them are from the same company so I don't even have to register an account again. I'm just playing the same game over and over again but I'm just downloading each time I play. I know it's stupid but I still do it anyway and I guess that's why I would consider it addicting.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
May not be exactly 10, but some games I have fun with.....

• 01. Pokemon - especially gen 4 and 5, its the main reason I play games honestly. Love the anime, love the game, love the movies, love the fan artwork/stories. Having a chance to capture and play with my favorite Pokemon makes it all worth while.

• 02. Grand Theft Auto series - even though its violent and the music selection generally sucks, at least I can do stuff I would never dream about doing or being capable of doing in real life.

• 03. Bubsy: In Claws Encounters Of The Furred Kind - it was the very first game I played along with my grandma, so it has a special place in my hearth and in my memory. Its fun being a character I like (bobcat, I love cats too) and can control, having fun jumping and running, stomping on enemies.

• 04. FIFA series - I love football, so playing games with football is a good passtime for me, especially when I'm between watching games. For example One game ends the next one is an hour away, I'll play FIFA games while my brain is still pumped up with football

• 05. Sim City 4 - I love trying to recreate an amazing metropolis, and with all the downloadable addons, it makes the game 100% better.

• 06. Hoyle Board Games & Hoyle Card Games - Board games and card games, its great fun when I"m bored or waiting for a download to finish, or while eating, when Its not my turn I can take a bite of the food or have a sip of my drink. It brings hours of fun, even if I don't win every game, I always have fun trying, I love some of the hilarious stuff the other characters say.

I couldn't think of any more games I enjoy playing.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Might add explanation later, but don't have time now.

1. Warioware
2. Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven/Paradise
3. Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents
4. Donkey Kong Country (including, and hell, ESPECIALLY Jungle Beat.)
5. Punch Out!!
6. Super Mario Bros (2D and 3D main platformers)
7. Super Smash Bros.
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Marvel vs Capcom
10. Game & Watch Gallery

First list without Pokemon. :P Personally don't see what's addicting about it anymore, get bored pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
10. Zoo Tycoon series
9. Spore series
8. Super Smash Bros series
7. Digimon World series
6. Super Mario series
5. Star Fox series
4. Sonic the Hedgehog series
3. Donkey Kong series
2. Kingdom Hearts series
1. Pokemon series

Diurno

Ex-Pave Low
Years
Just one thing to remember before reading; this is my opinion so don't get annoyed if I put a game you like lower down the pecking order.

1. FIFA 13
FIFA has everything I want in a FIFA game, but it isn't and never will be perfect but it is getting closer to "real" Football every year. There is so much to do in the game, and a lot of ways you can play; variety in team play and single play. FUT is just amazing and I cannot stop playing it, likewise with Career Mode. Unfortunately, my focusing of plentiful time on these 2 modes limits my gameplay from the other features in FIFA so I need to go and give those a try sometime soon.

2. Skyrim
What a beautiful game. There would be a list of over a million of things you can do and achieve in this game. You are your own character, you play and fight how you want with the skills that you earn and can build on to make your character as gifted as they can be in the desired area. So much to explore, so much to find, there is almost no end to this game. Bethesda has definitely not upset me this time.

3. Far Cry 3
The main thing that wants me to keep playing this game is to find out what I will do next; what is going to happen in this crazy island adventure whilst trying to be killed by a brilliant psychopathic mind that is Vaas. You can venture, follow the main quest, go out and do whatever you want. Everything is so well spread out, there is never nothing to do. Most importantly, there is nothing you can't achieve in this game. Absolutely brilliant.

4. Minecraft
There is no game more open than Minecraft. What can't you do in this game? You can build whatever you want, seriously, anything, just install mods and you are set for a million years. The game is so fun, and where your creative side is shown. There are many times where the game requires to make smart procedures so you don't end up in a bad scenario which is what you certainly don't want. Multiplayer tops the game off. Honestly, anything you want to do, you can do it in Minecraft.

5. Battlefield 3
Firstly, this game makes CoD looks like a laughing stock. Here, you have to know the game, you have to have skill. BF3 requires teamwork, intelligence and general non-noobiness. Why I love the game so much is that everything is up for grabs; you enter the fight and there are multiple objectives and there is plenty of time on the clock to fulfill whatever you wish. You enter the fight and there is action, being quick-minded is a bonus that is found very helpful in this game and if you aren't the quickest thinker, you learn to be. All I ever wanted in an FPS is here, in BF3.

I know this is only a list of 5, but these are the games that really stand out for me. There are no amazingly addicting games out there so far apart from these 3.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I got dis.

1. Half-life series

2. Fallout 3/NV

3. Halo Series

4. Far-Cry 3

5. Minecraft

6. Battlefield 3

7. Pokemon main

8. GTA IV

9. Forza: Horizon

10. Borderlands 2

Yup.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Rollercoaster Tycoon - i simply love building roller coasters in this game. i remember keeping my own designs (and building ultra-extreme coasters that make my guests vomit lol) and well, naming my rides after people i know. xD

Pokemon - basically my all-time favorite gaming franchise. obv. you can never get enough pokemon.

Super Mario - another all-time favorite franchise. although i am more into the classic games rather than the newer ones. especially mario world.

Syphon Filter - my first shooter gaming series, currently holds a special place in my heart. Lian Xing is so badass in this game. <3

Crash Bandicoot - haven't played their games in forever... my favorite is Crash 2.

Super Smash Bros - i still need to play melee in this series since i only played the 64 version and brawl. i'm really impressed with this series. simply cannot get enough of it!

Just Dance - I will admit that I am quite competitive with this game. yes. trying to get 5 stars on a hard song is a task to do, and it's not easy to perfect! Overall, I have fun with the series.

...that's basically it. I don't really have a top 10. lol. Also, I'm talking about series, not individual games here. lol

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
1) Pokemon of course. If it wasn't addicting, I wouldn't play it every month.
2) Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Played it over 120hours and still going on. Adding Gundam to DW was genius.
3) Dynasty Warriors 7. I love hack n slash and RoTK, so I'm enjoying more than just the gameplay.
4) SD Gundam G Generation Wars/World/Overworld. So much time spent into them. With stages lasting over 45min, no wonder.
5) Super Robot Wars franchise. Currently on hiatus because I decided not to play them anymore until I watch the shows. But I love the games. It's got two of my favorite things in one game. TRPG and mechs.
6) Super Mario. Obvious again. And with new games coming out every year, there are a lot to play.
7) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. My two favorite Zelda titles, and only I actually played haha. I played them once in a while.
8) Final Fantasy 1-6. I play them once in a while. Post-SNES games not that much. They are usually fast paced, so I play them over the PS ones.
9) Megaman/X. Not that often, but at least once a year. It's usually Megaman 1 and Megaman X 1. Just to satisfy my JUMP AND SHOOT needs.
10) Tetris. Especially on my Game Boy Color. That was one of my first Game Boy games and I still have the cartridge and play it once in a while.

Years
My top 10 addicting games:
10.Tetris- how could a game stacking blocks could be addicting? it's because you want to beat you friend score
9. Phoenix Wright series-solving cases for hours,trying to figure out who's the culprit, curiosity is the key to make us addict to this game.
8.Pokemon Gamecube series-what could i possibly want more than a pokemon in 3d back in the 2004-s uptill now.(battle revolution mehh... no story line,feels too empty)
7.Digimon World championship DS-i used to have a digivice and i lost it but since i played it,it gave me the digivice feel all over again
6.Digmon DS series-not like world championship,it includes storyline which made it more addicting to play because you sure want to know the end.
5.Tales of world series-imagine that your character battle evil with the tales of series character wouldn't be cool?
4.Final fantasy crisis core-prologue of final fantasy 7 which i would like to know about when i used to played ff7
3.Digimon world 2-there are digimon world 1,2,3 but i just choose 2 because it's seems that it's more simple that the other 2 eventhough it's 2
2.pokemon series-4 words,grow up with it!
1.Disgaea series-it's like a perfect (well not perfect==") game to spend off when holiday
==================================================================
games not included but addicting for me too:
Minecraft
Fifa series
Football manager series
Fifa online 2
Ragnarok online

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Not in any particular order

> Team Fortress 2
> World of Warcraft
> Pokemon
> Super Smash Bros. Melee
> Left 4 Dead 2
> Tetris
> Day of Reckoning
> Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
> Mario Kart
> Digimon World 4

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
In no particular order.

Battlefield 3
Pokemon
Mass Effect Trilogy
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Dragon Age 1 & 2
Minecraft
GTA series
Halo 4
Mario Kart 7 (played this for hours on end for those parts!)
Super Smash Bros series

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
The games I been playing are all at the same level so here is my order of addictive gaming.

10.Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
9. Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii)
8. Half Life (PC)
7. Wario World (GCN)
6. Minecraft (PC/Iphone)
5. Pokémon Heartgold (DS/PC-rom)
4. Metroid Prime (GCN)
3. Pokémon Black 2 (DS)
2. Pokémon Wild Type (PC-fan game)
1. Metroid Fusion (N3DS GBA-DC)

Years
Random order: