• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Thoughts on the Torchic?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
So I just downloaded the Torchic, no more than an hour ago and needless to say, its incredibly over powered! I mean wow its already at level 10! On top of that, the first Gym is weak against fire moves and, its ability is beyond amazing. If anything I cant help but feel as though Iam cheating whenever I use it. What are your thoughts on it?

PS: it sucks you cant nickname it :/

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
just breed it with Ditto then you can name it baby. the first dungeon bug type. fire is powerful against bugs

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I trained it up to a Blaziken, used the Mega Evolution once then deposited it. I haven't used it for a few gyms now.

Sirfetch’d

I really like the event Torchic. I was so thrilled when I found out that my favorite starter was not only going to be an event Pokemon at the beginning of the game but also be one of the staple Mega Evolutions as well. I downloaded this event as soon as I could because I wanted to make sure that I did not miss out on such a fantastic opportunity to receive such an amazing Pokemon. However, I am not currently using it as I already have my Fire typed Pokemon on my team and I don't want to create a type imbalance, but I do plan to use him soon because Mega Blaziken is simply astounding.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've gotten a hold of my Torchic as soon as I received my copy of Pokémon Y. Torchic is one of my most favorite Pokémon, and just like Michonne, I didn't want to give up my opportunity to download it. They might be holding another Torchic event at some point in the future, but you can never be sure. Since I already have a fire-type on my team, I decided to simply leave Torchic in my PC box—new and untouched. If I ever plan to make some shake-ups to my team though, then one way or the other, I'll try my best to fit Torchic in. :)

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
The real OP thing about it is, that it gets boosted XP. GF really throws around pokemon (Kanto starters) to make X and Y super easy for all players...

Years
I was quite happy when I got mine. By the time I actually got around to getting it most of my other pokemon were around that level so it wasn't a really big deal for me. It was also nice being able to have one of my old starters again. I think it's a great addition to my team.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
I'm saving mine for after the league!
I already have Fennekin on my team so there's no need for me to be using a Torchic at this point. Same goes for my Charmander. :')
It does sound like an overall powerfull Pokémon though. I suppose I got lucky in this considering that I wanted to train a Torchic anyway + it's one of the few mega evolutions I like.

Years
I have never liked torchic or any of its evolutions, so now when they gave me one for free I decided the best use of it would be... HM slave.

That's right torchic your only good for cutting and pushing boulders.

Mudkip.

ミズゴロウ
Years
I got my Torchic as soon as I started the game, I've got him to Blaziken now and I'm using him for my fire type. He's going to stay as a part of my team for now. I'm really happy I've got him as he's been really useful to me.

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I've got my torchic, but I wasn't able to soft reset for the nature, so now it's nature is serious.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
I'm thinking of keeping the Blazikenite and trading the Torchic for a Ditto so I can get a friend's Torchic, breed it, have a nickname, give his Torchic back, and then we have a Ditto to share and everyone's happy. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I boxed it immediately.
Partly because it's like using an Uber, which I am normally against, especially on my first playthrough. Don't want to make things way too easy. Also partly because I am not fond of the design that much and everyone and their mother is currently using it. I might train it after I beat the Champion for Wifi use but that's about it.

Years
Never really was a fan of Blaziken, but this Torchic is indeed overpowered with the Hidden Ability.
However, I've stopped using it because it simply leveled too quickly, and I didn't like the way it let me steamroll everything.
I had evolved it into a Blaziken, used his Mega Evolution once or twice and then deposited him.

Back