• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Just going through Merson cave, and wow great hack so far. I like it that there's a mix of RSE and LG/FR music here.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Haruki, I also love how you called yourself perverted. I think that's you, anyhow.

EDIT: And I lieks how you portrayed me. Or maybe that was just some random guy. But I'll take that Kirby Kirby Kirby guy to be me anyway. xD

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Just got the 2nd badge however I correct myself from my last post; ALL the areas except for the frst route have RSE music. Guess I spoke too soon.

And nice way to get access to even more Pokemon later on:
Spoiler:

The region layout is similer to Brown so I hope I remember where to go :).

EDIT: Spoke too soon yet again, just entered Moraward Path and hear the familier LG/FR music. I think i will wait till after I get the final badge before I post here again :P.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
I'm going to get slightly technical to respond to this.

Seashore City: RSE
Trainer's School: FRLG (it's already in it)
Gravel Canyon: FRLG
Gravel Town: RSE
Prof. Jen's lab: RSE (piano remix)
Marts: RSE (drumkit remix)
Merson Cave: FRLG
Rijon's Route Theme: RSE
Merson City: FRLG
Gym theme: All
Need I say more? *shot*

Let's see-
Pokemon Center:RSE
Merson Cave:FRLG
Wild Pokemon Battle:RSE
Trainer Battle:RSE
Victory over wild Pokemon:All games
Victory over trainer:All games
Gym Leader Battle:RSE
Victory Over Gym Leader:All games

By the way, I must report a small-um...inconsistancy: The Marine Badge or the Trainer Card looks like the Boulder Badge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
its not saving on the psp its giving me the error code and i already did the fix

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
really enjoyed the hack, i have 7badges and now im stuck so can some1 plz help me?
1.where do u get rock smash and strength?
2.where is the 8th gym? and how do u get there?
thankyou in advance!

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2009
i cant save the game pls help me they said somethin abt error code i went to the website , did wad it told me and still no good pls help

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I'm going to get slightly technical to respond to this.

Seashore City: RSE
Trainer's School: FRLG (it's already in it)
Gravel Canyon: FRLG
Gravel Town: RSE
Prof. Jen's lab: RSE (piano remix)
Marts: RSE (drumkit remix)
Merson Cave: FRLG
Rijon's Route Theme: RSE
Merson City: FRLG
Gym theme: All

Need I say more? *shot*

No your gonna be fine :P.

Still it's a good mix of music, same for the routes which I find quite odd you missed out.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
dude.

i just started playing this on my psp last night and i have to say... so far its a masterpiece :D. i'm loving the scripting work and the coloured text too. the RSE music is brining back some memorys for me too xD.

keep up the great work and merry christmas
link

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I've been playing this for a while now, and I absolutely love it!
The scripts are amazing, no scripts were "Lazily" made, and Everything is just so stunning & gorgeous.

I'm not one with words, but I wish I could absolutely express my feelings to you(about the hack, anyways).
It's the type of hack, that would even bring a retired hacker, back into hacking! :D

Well, thanks for making an amazing game, it's given me such insight on what I can do with a FireRed US ROM.
And the best thing is, I've only played it for 14 minutes! No wonder it's been awarded with the hack of the year award :)

Okay, I guess I've said enough, right?
Good luck, and please finish this!! ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2008
Why can't the pokemon evolve by happiness? I realize it's a firered rombase, which doesn't support this, but still when you include jhoto and all it's pokemon....

I spent all night raising an Eevee's happiness to 255, nothing. (much less 220)

That little issue aside, this is the best hack i've ever seen. Shinygold had issues with trainer names, and it was really distractnig.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Error alert! The pillars in Moraga Gym told me I was in Azalea Gym. And shouldn't rersterauntjearu be "Resteraunt Jearu"? on one lesser note, the 3rd floor-I-think was just called "Chemist". Is that right?

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Nice

Thats Awfully Strange. I never ran into no errors. Nice Beta.
Now I can see why this Won Hax OR the Year!

I wish you Further Good Luck ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
One thing this hack needs is a new overworld sprite. I hate the original one from FireRed with a passion. Otherwise this is one of the most polished hacks I've seen. The UPS patching tool worked great also! A 32MB ROM? Who knew!

Back