• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Christian Challenge V3.5

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Christian Challenge V3.5
___the_creation_of_mew____by_gymjack-d4ahakd.jpg

This challenge is based off of the rants thaqt Christian Extremists made on Pokemon. (Note: These rules are all not my opinion, and are for comedic effect. I don't intend any offense to Bisexual or Homosexual people, or Christians)

RULES:

1. NO SNAKE POKEMON. This counts Snivy and it's Evolutions, so they can't be chosen as Starter.

2. Pokemon can't breed until Level 22. Also, no Pokemon of the same sex can be put in the Daycare at once.

3. Legendaries are false Idols. They must be defeated. (Cannot play Pokemon B/W because of this rule)

5. No Ghost, Psychic, or Dark-types, or any Attacks of those Types. Witchcraft is villainy! (Note: If you're doing Gen I or playing FR/LG, Bite does not count as it was Normal-type)

6. Never go to the Game Corner. Gambling is strictly off-limits.

7. NO DRUG ITEMS SUCH AS ZINC, CARBOS, PROTEIN, ETC.

8. Eggs must be kept in the Party, Hatched and raised to Lv. 18 before being deposited.

9. No HM Slaves.

10. NO RESURRECTING FOSSILS!

13. No using God's name in vain. This includes in Walkthrough's, Comics, or ANYTHING else. No naming your Pokemon after God or Jesus.

Challenge ends when:
R/B/Y: Defeat your rival after the E4
G/S/C & HG/SS: Defeat Red
R/S/E: Defeat Steven
D/P/Pt: Defeat your rival after the E4
B2/W2: Defeat your rival after the E4
X/Y: Defeat the Champion after the E4

Username:
Version:

Christians:
monsterhair005 - Ruby
ShadowGreninja - Sapphire

Dedicated Christians:
TrainerMusaddiq - Gold
AnonygooseD - Silver
LilJz1234 - FireRed
KoboraX - Blue
*Thanks to johnny18 for the CSS template*​

Last edited:

tnfsf11

This looks funny ^_^ I'll make sure to sign up when I'm free.
Should my updates be in screenshots or is text enough?
Also I think this could be a Nuzlocke, because when a Pokémon dies you can't "revive" it :P just imo though...

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
@ou can uodate however you like :-)
And I actually thought about that, but they did had a revival in the new testament :-P

tnfsf11

Okay, so as I promised here's my sign-up form:
Name: AnonygooseD
Version: Silver Version
I'm going to add my own rule, which is never capture pokes, only use ones given to me as gifts, because I think capturing pokes against their will counts as slavery. :P

What I've done so far #1:
Spoiler:

My team so far:
g19n.png
dcrx.png

Trainer card:
4cle.png

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Name: TrainerMusaddiq
Version: Gold Version

It's Well Be A Great Challenge :)

What i'll done so far

-Started a new game, named myself Musaddiq
-Chose Cyndaquil
-Got the Mystery Egg & PokéDex From Mr.Pokemon House
-Battled rival & won, named him Silver
bth_1375862918932_zps5557f021.png

-Reached Violet City & entered Sprout Tower
-Battled Sage Li
bth_1375864125572_zps5cd9759c.png

- Got Hm 5 Flash
bth_1375864129845_zpse9203479.png

- cyndaquil evoled
bth_1375864075442_zps4d06073e.png

- battled to Falkner & got Zephyrbadge
- got egg
bth_1375864229109_zps549c86d4.png

- got onix by trade
1375864293777_zps3808d9ca.png

- reached Azalea Town and Slowpoke Well
- battled team rocket in slowpoke well & won
bth_1375864737397_zps2c07669e.png

- battled Bugsy & got Hivebadge
bth_1375864843280_zpsc0551f3a.png

- got hm 1 cut in Ilex Forest
bth_1375865063089_zpsd46029a0.png

- reached Goldenrod City & Battled Whitney & Got Plain Badge
1375865471265_zps76862c06.png

- Got SquirtBottle & Battled Sodowoodo & Won
1375865794260_zps5b6b0998.png

- Reached Ecruteak City & Entered Burned Tower
- Battled Rival & Won
- Quilava Evoled
1375866753435_zps0b229653.png

- Battled Morty & Got Fog Badge
- Got Hm 3 Surf
- Egg Into Togepi
1375865770553_zps1801c412.png

- Reached Olivine City
- Got Hm 4

- Reached Cianwood City
-Got Hm 2
- Got SecretPotion
- Battled Chuck & Got Storm Badge

- Fly Back to Olivine City
- Give SecretPotion To Jasmine
- Battled Jasmine & Got Mineral Badge

- Fly Back To Ecruteak City & Reached Mahogany Town
- Reached To Lake of Rage & Battled To Red Gyarados & Got Red Scale
- Fly Back To Mahogany Town
- Battled To Team Rocket & Won
- Battled Pryce & Got Glacier Badge
1375882482359_zps221fd518.png

- Fly Back To Golden Rod City
- Battled Team Rocket In Radio Tower & Got Basement Key
1375882160900_zps7e360cc9.png

- Battled Team Rocket In Basement & Got Card Key
- Go Back To Radio Tower & Battled Team Rocket Again & Won

- Fly Back To Mahogany Town & Reached Blackthorn City
- Battled Clair & Reached Dragons Den & Got Rising Badge
1375885068363_zpsb60b477a.png

- Fly Back To New Bark Town
- Reached Victory Rod & Battled Rival And Won
1375928863701_zps4819cd2c.png

- Reached Indigo Plateua
1375929016225_zpsb655c640.png

- Battled Champion Lance & Won
1375929777771_zps7dabbbe1.png

Challenge Completed

Final Team & Hall Of Fame
1375929828196_zpsbaa1ac07.png
1375929835718_zpsd3d89d8c.png
1375929843914_zps60097c0f.png
1375929852449_zps4a1f7436.png
1375929860484_zps66021ede.png
1375929868117_zps93887179.png
1375929878629_zps8dfdd476.png

My Trainer Card
1375885194574_zpsdf56f380.png

Last edited:

tnfsf11

Looks like I'm as late as police cars in an action movie! :P
Anyway here's another (larger) update.
BTW, I'm using an emulator on the PSP & it can't take more than 99 screenshots per game because of the filename format, so these 99 screenshots must be removed for the emulator to take new screenshots...
I only discovered that lately & many screenshots that were supposed to be taken weren't saved :( so the lower part of the update won't have screenshots, sorry. -_-
Though I'll make sure this doesn't happen again in future updates...

What I've done so far #2
Spoiler:

My team so far: (Screenshots just taken)
dsp.png
l59r.png
chu5.png
s3rb.png

Trainer card:
o4i9.png

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
First update! (Because I needed to finish Syd's event challenge before the end of August to make sure I'll be part of the raffle^^')

I chose Squirtle as my starter and named it Hydro. Also caught a female Mankey which I named Marielle on Route 22. We then proceeded to beat Brock with no sweat at all since they're super effective against Rock types :)

We then proceeded to Cerulean City where Marielle fought most of the battles so she can gain some experience, but when it came to Misty, I had to bring Hydro to Bite away at Starmie, where he evolved into a Wartortle!

At Vermillion City, before going to the gym, I went to Diglett's Cave to catch a Diglett of my own in which I named her Tria. Then we challenged Lt. Surge to a Pokemon battle where Marielle had her time to shine, being super effective against Steel type Pokemon, and during the battle, she evolved into a Primeape! (I also made my newly caught Diglett gain some experience from those battles :) )

Then after I made an effort to skip a lot of trainers and only do the main battles to go further in the storyline. So I can be able to get to Fuschia City before going into Silph Co. In the grass close to Fuschia City, I caught my own Doduo and with a little bit of grinding, evolved into a Dodrio!

Now I'm only one team member short, and It's gonna take some time until I get that Pokemon :(

Currently facing the whole Team Rocket at the Silph Co!

Badges Obtained:
Spoiler:

Current Pokemon Team:
Spoiler:

tnfsf11

I almost forgot you even participate in this challenge! :D haha
Well I'm sorry about the double-post, it was actually 2 different posts with a time gap in between so they didn't get merged :/ I tidied up a little bit so that every update is in a separate post.

Anyway I'm reserving this post for my next update which will (hopefully) be up in a few days from now... Oh & nice team btw, if you can upload some screenies from the game that'll be great! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Late as always :P
Here's the third update, it may not be as big as the last one but here goes...

What I've done so far #3:
Spoiler:

First half completed!
I guess I can claim my "Dedicated Christian" title now :P ... Looking forward to beat the gym leaders of Kanto along with Red.

My team so far:
oa5.png
pl.png
w0kl.png
0x2s.png
adq.png

Me:
wu6w.png

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I almost forgot you even participate in this challenge! :D haha
Well I'm sorry about the double-post, it was actually 2 different posts with a time gap in between so they didn't get merged :/

Anyway I'm reserving this post for my next update which will (hopefully) be up in a few days from now... Oh & nice team btw, if you can upload some screenies from the game that'll be great! :)

Hmm, what kind of screenies do you want? I'm not really sure which ones would be interesting, haha.

tnfsf11

Well screenies of your team pokes could be good :) like when you go to summary/stats & take a screeny there showing abilities/moves/natures...etc it's really good to look at imo :P

Anyway I'm reserving this post too because I already made the update above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here is my fourth update!

What I've done so far #4:
Spoiler:

Next time, see my battles with the remaining gym leaders before I meet Red!

My team so far:
3h7.png
i4hi.png
e54o.png
8qo9.png
dryr.png

My trainer card:
rhys.png

Last edited:

THZskillz

The Highest Zero
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
This is pretty difficult lol, thinking about attempting it and putting it on youtube for an LP

tnfsf11

You don't need to put your challenge on YouTube, screenshots posted here would be enough, or if you're not on an emulator then just write your progress. :)

And I don't think this challenge is that difficult, I mean there's more difficult challenges (Nuzlockes lol)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm back! This is my fifth & final update, check out my progress... :)

What I've done so far:
Spoiler:

Challenge Completed!
Wow, I can't believe it only took 5 updates, but it was a fun challenge tbh despite the difficulty...
Never knew Pokémon like Shuckle & Togetic could be so useful, especially Shuckle, what a wall. I made it through without my favorite type, Water, so I guess I'll be off to a Monotype Water challenge now {XD}.
Guess it's also time to return Shuckie to his owner in Olivine City :P I bet he'll be like "OMG where have you been since forever I was worried si... Wait, you trained my Shuckie & it entered the Hall of Fame?! :O" LOL.
Well good luck to you LilJz1234 on your challenge, thanks for making this & I hope you make more, I'll keep checking back here & commenting & stuff, just don't forget to add me to the list of "Dedicated Christians". ;)

One more thing left to do though, which is killing Ho-Oh... I'll do it later & make a post here afterwards so wait for that! ^_^

My triumphant team:
z3x3.png
sbrd.png
ep6b.png
hbo7.png

My trainer card:
4ew.png

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Here's a rather small update :)

2nd update
I caught a Poliwhirl because I was about to trade it for a Jynx. But I remembered that Psychic types were banned in this challenge ;~;
So I ended up getting a Lapras from the Silph Co. and named it Aerith
I also got myself an Eevee and named it Voltbolt because I used a Thunderstone on him :P
I took some time to grind Voltbolt & Aeris then after their level was almost on par with the rest of the team, we headed out to Silph Co. to take on Team Rocket.
With the help of Aerith & Marielle, we took down Giovanni.
We then headed out to the Celadon Gym and easily won against her, thanks to Aerith & Koros (My newly named Dodrio).
We then headed out to face Koga in which I had bit of a hard time with all those poisoning, high leveled Pokemon & his Muk using Minimize and Acid Armor. Luckily I had Aerith use Perish Song and make him switch it out, nullifying all his stats boost. We ended up winning the Soul Badge!
Now we're on our way to the Saffron City gym! :)

Badges Obtained:
Spoiler:

Current Pokemon Team:
Spoiler:

tnfsf11

You've already got a full team! Good for you :)
Just don't forget to remove "Pursuit" & "Bite" as they are Dark-type damaging moves ;) & in the rules the moves are banned as well as Pokémon...

Also as I promised I battled Ho-Oh, I'll let the screenies talk for themselves...

Me encountering Ho-Oh:
Spoiler:

Alternatively:
Spoiler:

In other news:
Spoiler:

I kinda saw that last one coming, they can't just make him take Shuckie after I've been through a lot with it, but I was surprised nonetheless! ^_^

Well I guess that's pretty much it, I transferred my precious team to my (main) Gold save file so that they're among other strong & cherished pokes... :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea but Bite is allowed in FR/LG since it was a normal move in the originals. And yes, thanks for reminding me that Pursuit has to be taken off xD
Luckily I never found a good time to use it :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Final Update!

I defeated Sabrina with some easy, but her Alakazam was pretty tough.
I took some time to grind my Pokemon to a decent level and then proceeded to Cinnabar Island.
Went inside the Pokemon Mansion for to get the key to the Pokemon Gym!
Faced Blaine with ease thanks to Aerith, Hydro & Tria.
I exited the gym and Bill was waiting for me in front to bring me to the Sevii Islands.
Arrived there, I had the mission to go looking for Lostelle, on the way, I defeated a group of Bikers and then finally rescued Lostelle from a Hypno.
Her dad gave me the meteorite and I delivered it to Celio.
I then went to the Viridian City Gym and faced Giovanni for the last time and easily won with Aerith & Hydro, one hit K.O'ing every single one of his team.
I then continued my journey to the Indigo League but I was challenge by my Rivalto a Pokemon battle in which my team won.
I then went through the vicious Victory Road but I persisted and go out of it.
I finally came face to face with the Elite 4 & finally, my Rival. I defeated them by type advantage and some use of strategy.

My Team after defeating Gary:
Spoiler:

Back