• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Mint Fantasy [Demo Released!]

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Congratulations on making it to The Showcase.

Much appreciated. I will release beta two as soon as my beta testers finish their job up (none of them seem to want to go past Loris Town...) I have given Chuchu some new moves, namely attacks fom the Trading Card Game, and the ability to learn Volt Tackle.

Colourful

Lolcat-Trainer, srsly
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2016
Looks great! I really enjoy the idea of including a card game into Pokemon and also taking over moves from the official TCG =)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The game is on hiatus for a bit. I have some school I need to catch up on, and I plan on moving Mint to a new engine (Jan 28th drastically edited by me) and extending the play time for Beta 2, which will take some time.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Very short; I don't recommend it as it's pretty bad. I was going to release beta 2 a while back but I have decided to rewrite the story and rename the game.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
It's back, now 300% better in every possible way.

I really need some feedback on the new skills system I've formulated, which you can read in the spoiler on the OP. There will be a download within a couple weeks for people to test how things work.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Small update. I'm gonna be talking about the Game Corner and its minigames.

First off, the Game Corner is in the Trujon region, and not the dream world, Inoue. While there are minigames to play in the dream world, I figured the Game Corner would be appropriate only in the real world, which is post-game content, much like Kanto in GSC.

For the minigames.

First off, we have Trivia. This is the simplest one, there are 4 difficulties available and you must answer a set of 10 questions. You get a prize depending on how many coins you bet (Max of 999).

These prizes can range from coins to a Masterball and the TM Payday.

Next we have Blitzball Arcade. Basically its a reference to Final Fantasy X's sport Blitzball, there's only one Arcade machine in the Game Corner to play this, and its solely for fun. No prizes are won from this (unless i add a title system to Mint, which is doubtful). It's a text-based Blitzball game, which will loosely be based off the rulings which can be found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/19103

Nothing too special.

Finally, we have VoltorbSweeper. Basically, Minesweeper with Voltorbs and Oddish. Again, nothing spectacular.

I'm also working on a possible gambling method that will double your coins at a 50-50 chance, or triple them at a 20-80 chance. This will be the only way to win the magazine "Setzer Weekly Vol. 1" which can be read to obtain an ACE CARD. the Ace Card can be equipped to a Pokémon to raise their critical hit chance to 100% for the first turn.

And of course, the prizes.

Unlike on the other games, you will have to turn 999 Coins into a Coin Certificate, or COIN CERT, and buy items this way. For example, a TM that would cost 4995 Coins will simply be 5 Certs.

Prizes
TMs:
Dynamicpunch - 6 Certs
Hi-Jump Kick - 5 Certs
Thunderbolt - 8 Certs
Dragon Rage - 8 Certs
Toxic - 1 Cert
Shadowball - 7 Certs

Pokemon:
Porygon - 30 Certs
Voltorb - 25 Certs
Magnezone - 50 Certs

Items:
Dubious Disc - 20 Certs
Ultra Ball - 1 Cert
Rusty Key* - 40 Certs
Rare Candy - 33 Certs
Lucky Chain** - 300 Certs

* - Used to get Klefki from the sealed chest in Altoma Ruins.
** - Buying this will increase your chance to get rare items in Treasure Hunting and Boss Chaining significantly.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
It sounds good to be back in Mint Fantasy. I had played the beta before and I liked the Darkrai plot, even it was only the beginning.

But I haven't really understand after Mina will take on her adventure to save her life. Is it possible to switch between Trujon and Inoue?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
It sounds good to be back in Mint Fantasy. I had played the beta before and I liked the Darkrai plot, even it was only the beginning.

But I haven't really understand after Mina will take on her adventure to save her life. Is it possible to switch between Trujon and Inoue?

In the real world (Trujon), Mina is in a coma as her soul has been taken by Darkrai. However, with the help of Cresselia, her soul has infused with Darkrai's own in a desperate attempt to save herself. Once Darkrai is defeated in Inoue, the credits roll and Mina wakes up out of her coma, free to explore the Trujon region.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Some new screenshots, Acacia City and the swampy region around it. This is available in the southern Inoue region and also where you can groom an Eevee into a Sylveon.

Ff5Pr.jpg

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Looks great and since its got sixth gen sprites it will definitely be worth playing

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Many of my followers ask me when the next release of Mint will be...

I'm sorry to say, but there will not be another release of Mint Fantasy...Atleast not for PC. Unfortunately, Essentials has become so DS-oriented it is almost impossible to downgrade the battle system completely. This huge problem has made development near impossible. Going back to a version old enough to work with is out of the question too, as porting over bug fixes is nearly just as difficult.

However, do not despair! Mint will be ported to the gameboy color, eventually. I am patiently waiting on news on whether porting some features to Gold such as diagonal movement is possible. The moment these features are added via asm I will gladly work on it again.

Now, as of right now I am indeed ROM Hacking. I am actively working on a PHO project as well as Ancient Platinum with Mateo. The results and planning of these projects are very promising and I hope to share some media with you all soon.

To the present, and the future,
Pia Carrot

If you'd like to play a beta of the game, here is a demo of Ice Plateau, without battling. The ice puzzles are pretty fun, the first two are extremely hard based on my beta testers' feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pntvro0ahdyfdxi/Ice Plateau.rar

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello, all! It's been over a year with no updates; That changes today! Check out the front page, the game has gone through some major changes and I am nearing a beta release!

Just wanted to say the return of Mint would not have been possible without COMBOY releasing his GS Essentials kit. I was extremely demotivated to work on the game but that changes now.

Also going to say while the dream world idea was scrapped, Ice Plateau will be making a return as a 16 floor endgame dungeon.

Last edited:
Back