• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
POKEMON Hall of Fame Version

Table of Contents

I. Introduction
II. Story
III. Characters
IV. Features
V. Progress
VI. Screenshots
VII. Videos
VIII. Support
IX. Staff and Partners
X. Credits
XI. Known Bugs
XII. FAQ
XIII. Releases

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
=================================================

I. Introduction

Have you ever wanted to play a Pokémon game that encompasses everything you love about Pokémon and the Pokémon universe? What if there was such a game? And it was being made right now!?

Pokémon Hall of Fame is the brainchild of several Pokémon fans with only one goal in mind: to create the ultimate Pokémon gaming experience. The project will follow the story of Ash, the protagonist from Kanto, Pallet town to follow his dream of becoming the champion and Pokemon master. Ash will begin his journey in Kanto, where he will have to college badges, battle against trainers, evil organizations and eventually reach Indigo Conference. The tour of Orange Islands starts after he wins the champ of Kanto League and explore an unknown region to the south of Kanto. Pokemon HOF will include elements from existing Video games, Anime and Manga, but also with its own features.

This game is made with RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials.

-------------------------------------------------

II. Story

For simplicity, the story will be separated into several chapters.

Chapter 1: Gotta Catch 'em All! [Completed]

You will follow Ash Ketchum's quest to become the world's greatest Pokémon master in its early days. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of Pokémon game playing and the many features of Pokémon Hall of Fame. Many adventures and rivals await you in your first quest, which leads to the Pokémon league. You will complete this chapter by competing in the annual Kanto Regional Championships of the International Pokémon League, held once a year in the Indigo Plateau.

Chapter 2: Citrus Paradise [Work in Progress]

After being awarded the honors of being Kanto Regional Champion, Ash Ketchum journeys out to seek the Elite Four of Kanto, with whom he desires a challenge. However, he is forced to deal with a minor setback in the Viridian Forest before he is able to get his hands on a ticket to the S.A. Monica, a cruise ship that travels from Kanto to the Orange Archipelago. What new adventures await Ash in this tropical paradise? You have to play to find out! ;)

Chapter 3: The Ultimate Clone [Coming Soon]

After defeating the Elite Four and rescuing the legendary birds from the hands of a dangerous collector, Ash is called on to deal with a powerful force which has no equals!

III. Characters

Ash Ketchum: The protagonist of the game, he is a young boy from Pallet Town aspiring to be the world's greatest Pokémon master.
images

Gary Oak: The grandson of Prof. Oak and Ash's long-time rival, he will soon be following his grandfather's footsteps in becoming a notable Pokémon researcher.
images

Olga Blue: Olga is a mysterious girl from Pallet Town who steals one of Prof. Oak's Pokémon and goes on an adventure of her own. Although she is a real menace, Olga is a quite gifted trainer and helps Ash on numerous occasions.
trainer083.png

Ritchie: A young trainer who resembles Ash in many aspects. He's more like a friend to Ash rather than rivals, even though their Pokemon battle with each other fiercely.
images

Jamy: A young girl who appears in Viridian Forest around the same time that Ash is trying to find a way to the Orange Islands. Who is this girl, and why is she looking for her uncle?
images

Kanto Gym Leaders
(will be updated soon):
Spoiler:

Indigo Plateau Opponents:

Spoiler:

Orange Islands Gym Leaders
(will be updated soon):
Spoiler:

IV. Features

Spoiler:

V. Progress

Kanto: Done

Orange Islands

Spoiler:

Mandarin Island South: Done
Trovita Island: Done
Fairchild and North orange islands: 0%

Orange Islands Regional Maps: 30%
Revision of Kanto: 15%
Graphics Upgrade: 20%

VI. Screenshots

The screenshots will be in spoiler tags, ordered from most recent to least recent update.

screenshot10-1.png

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

VII. Videos:

Three videos about Pokemon HOF have been released, with two of them describing the new Pallet town events and the latest video portraying Misty's event. Why not take a look at them and see how different the new version 1.3 will be compared to the previous betas?

Spoiler:

VIII. Support

If you would like to support our game, you can do so by putting a banner on your custom signature. You can also post a reply saying you want to be a supporter. The new animated banner has been made by Destrozone and is already available to use now:

Support.gif

support-1.gif

The pictures below are the old banners made by Pokemon Platinum:
HOFuserbar-1.png

HOFBANNER2.png

Current Supporters: Pokemon Platinum, Cooluke21, EJames2100, Pokemon OI, Kyogre Trainer, ryushin5, Elynxer, Durandral, PokePlatinum(don't mistake this person as Pokemon Platinum), Trace, Pikachu192, AuraAshley, Vivek_chat, Tony Montana, Elevat0r.

IX. Staff and Partners

Head staff:
Hall of Famer - Project founder, administrator, designer, mapper, scripter

Mappers team:
Jonny Chleevas - Head Mapper, Project New Kanto leader, tile editor
Ashandmisty - Tile Artist
Beta Zero - Tile Artist
colcolstyles - Mapper
Ninja Caterpie - Mapper

Spriters team:
Lornami - Head Spriter, Trainer Spriter
Destrozone - Pokemon Spriter, assistant head spriter
OblivionMew - Overworld Spriter
Evil Monkey - Overworld Spriter, Trainer Spriter
Bubblewrap - Overworld Spriter
Itachi Senpai - Pokemon Spriter

Writers team:
*morningstar - Head writer
bobandbill - Writer
Bojjenclon - Writer

Scripters team:
Lokiferne - Head Scripter
Zerro - Scripter
Ty101 - Scripter

Designers team:
Oceanblack - Head Designer
InMooseWeTrust* - Concept Designer
Finneon - Graphic Designer
UltimaEpika - Music designer
Jace - Music designer
EJames2100 - Beta Tester, idealist
(Note: Inmoosewetrust's status is still on hold)

Partnership: Pokemon HOF is collaborating with the following game developers and their games/hacks
Victorspvl - Pokemon Silver Chronicles
Venom12 - Pokemon Crystal Rain
Ty 101 - Pokemon Sandstone
Pokemon Platinum - Pokemon Ultramarine

Although we are thankful for all the help we have received, we still need a whole lot more help for all the things we're trying to do. That's why, if you have ANYTHING at all to contribute, we would love to have it from you. Also, if you see anything in our game that you like, let us know and we can negotiate a trade.

Here is a list of available jobs. Keep in mind that some of these jobs are unique to our game.

Spoiler:

Anything else? If you have some skill that we might need, just let us know and we'll let you know how you can help us. If you're interested in applying for a position, here is the application form. Fill it out and send a private message to Hall of Famer.

Spoiler:

We can not guarantee that you will be accepted just for filling out this application. We have every right to ignore you if you claim to help us but refuse to actually contribute anything.

X. Credits:

Organizations and Groups:
Spoiler:

Game Developers:
Spoiler:

Random Contributors:

Spoiler:

XI. Known Bugs

This is a partial list, so please tell us if there are any more. Also, please let us know if you know how to fix these bugs.

Spoiler:

XII. FAQ

Don't ask something that is already answered here.

Spoiler:

XIII. Releases

The version 1.3(January 2009) has been released, please check this link below to download the game from adrive.com:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GT8G7WJG

The older releases version 1.2 (August 2008) and version 1.1 (June 2008), and can be found here:

http://www.adrive.com/public/c8f9d779f2d44107ca9372077e57e8b9a24bf9bd86e48fbe332ca850ef4a55b9.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/124527930/Pokemon_Hall_Of_Fame_V_1.1.rar

=================================================
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading this post and we hope you enjoy our game.

Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
It looks pretty cool but I still don't understand the whole chapter thing. Please explain that. Also, is it just me or do the screenshots look blury? Um... I can't open .rar so I can't the game but good luck!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Looking quite good, but still nees some work. It looks unfinished. And I suggest getting someone to make trainer sprites for you instead of resizing images.

Oh, and for your 'The player can use HMs even without badges and POKEMON.' error, does that happen when you play the game normally too? Because you're supposed to be able to use HMs if you testplay the game.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Looking quite good, but still nees some work. It looks unfinished. And I suggest getting someone to make trainer sprites for you instead of resizing images.

Oh, and for your 'The player can use HMs even without badges and POKEMON.' error, does that happen when you play the game normally too? Because you're supposed to be able to use HMs if you testplay the game.

I see. I just played the game using the "playtest" option from RPG Maker. However, I just don't know how to get the fishing rod event to work and the starter kit producer seems to care the least about this issue. I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help me solve this problem. Besides, as you said above, I do need both trainer sprites and charset to make it work better.

It looks pretty cool but I still don't understand the whole chapter thing. Please explain that. Also, is it just me or do the screenshots look blury? Um... I can't open .rar so I can't the game but good luck!

The chapter system is introduced for the reason that it's projected to be a long game that feature both the physical and psychological growth of the protagonist. For instance, the protagonist is stated to be two years older in chapter 2 --- Orange Island than the time he wins the indigo plateau conference. In this way, this game is a little bit similar to the adventure manga and it's possible for you to see a change from the protagonist and his rival's appearance after chapter 2 or 3. If you still don't understand, then just ignore this point since it doesn't affect the game processing at all.

I'll provide more screen shots below, in which you will see the progress of the chapter Orange Islands. Two of the GYMs have been made and I added a cave for that LAPRAS event. Have fun!
screenshot3.png

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Looks good anyway but the trainer sprite. They look blur and they are not in pixel form.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Looks good anyway but the trainer sprite. They look blur and they are not in pixel form.

I do need help with the graphical thing. After all, I'm not a good artist at all and I just grabbed all the resources I could find on internet, which is still far not enough. Do you know someone that can help with the character sprite and trainer sprite? Thanks.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The reflection of the hero surfing in the gym is also off.
But my first impression of this game is that it looks really well done in terms of likeness to the official games, I was nearly going to joke and say "nice hack." (Just a little joke in this community section).

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
The reflection of the hero surfing in the gym is also off.
But my first impression of this game is that it looks really well done in terms of likeness to the official games, I was nearly going to joke and say "nice hack." (Just a little joke in this community section).

Well, it's fine if you consider it to be a hack at first. As I stated above, the chapter 1 is almost a re-make of the original game with merely slight differences. My mission is to make the journey of Generation I to continue after the protagonist win the indigo champion and therefore, I didn't make this thread even when the entire chapter 1 is completed. Instead, the chapter 2 is a brand new one and I'm supposed to add the element from the anime to the game(hopefully someone would help me with the graphical thing).

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I could help if you really need. I could make titlescreen and so on.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I could help if you really need. I could make titlescreen and so on.

I'd truly appreciate it very much if you could help with the graphical thing (the character sprites, trainer sprites and possibly tilesets). It would be great if you can make a titlescreen as well. Can't wait to form a team for this project!

Besides, I'm currently working on the island called Mandarin Island North, where two team rocket members stole the POKEMON from the islanders. The protagonist will attempt to discover their hide-out and defeat these two rocket grunt so that the POKEMON will be brought back to their owners. I'll give more screenshots once this is done.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
What I can do is only titlescreen. Anyway, PMed you. Check it!

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
like it but you should make the indigo league real, i mean no elit 4, maybe face those later r somewhere else

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I've already successfully made the Mandarin Island North with a Corporation called Lightning Co., where two former Team Rocket Grunts (Butch and Cassidy) are settling at the basement of that building and disturbed the islanders by constantly stealing their dear POKEMON, selling for cash or something else. Here're the screen shots:

screenshot4.png

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Looks pretty cool. Are the Jolteon and the Flareon from the screenshots part of the Eevee that Red had in the manga (the one with the Vermillion Bay stones)?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
New title screen has been made thanks to OmegaGroudon. Here're the two pics of the title screen and please leave your comments on this thread.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hello, everyone. I'm back with the project again! During these days I've successfully made the map and script of Sunburst island. The screenshot of Sunburst Island is already added and here's the new screenshot of the crystal onix event:

screenshot5.png

I created a Crystal Cave where the protagonist will find a mystic Crystal in the end. The wild crystal Onix will appear near the Sunburst Lake and the protagonist will battle against this wild Onix to prove the existence of crystal Pokemon. However, the Onix is still an ordinary Pokemon and the only chance is to make it a shiny Onix... I'm sorry that I'm unable to create a real crystal Pokemon in the game...

Besides, three new types are introduced as Mystic, Undead and Holy.

The Mystic type fits the Pokemon like Clefairy and Togepi who have mysterious Power in the game(I add this type to make them different from the other normal type Pokemon). The Mystic type has no advantages over any other types, but it also doesn't have a weakness.

The Undead type fits fossil Pokemon and some special Pokemon like Cubone. Almost all the physical attacks are not so effective against Undead type, with the exception of Ghost type. The Undead type is super effective against Normal, Fighting and Poison but weak against Ghost, Fire, Dark and Holy type.

The Holy type fits Pokemon of Mew, Celebi, Deoxys and Arceus. Almost all the special attacks are not so effective against Holy type, with the exception of Dark type. The Holy type's only weak against Dark type attack but is also super effective against Ghost, Undead and Dark type. attack. Therefore, the Holy type doesn't have weakness and is regarded as the ultimate Pokemon type.

Besides, several new moves are created as well, with Holy Ray, Angle's arrow, Holy, Ultima Beam, God's Power for Holy Type; Bone Throw and Bone Slash for Undead Type; Mystic Power, Magic Circle for Mystic Type; Dark and Black Hole for Dark Type; Stone Edge for Rock Type, Gunk Shot for Poison Type and Shadow Force for Ghost Type. Some of the moves are also modified in the moves.txt. You can find out these significant difference in the next release.

Have a nice day, everyone! Hope you like the game I made.

Last edited:
Years
RELEASE:
The POKEMON Hall Of Fame V 1.0 version is already available to play. Check this link if you're interested in this game:
http ://rapidshare.com/files/11563937..._Fame.rar.html
Well, I don't know why my game is so big and I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could give me advices on how to reduce the size of it, thanks.

After downloading your game I understand why it is so large. I think you should:

->Remove the unnecessary maps in the game (the Intro map IS needed)
->Remove the Screen Shots folder
->Remove the Word Document (1 MB in itself :p)
->Remove the Server items (if not needed)
->Remove the Town Map Generator

Next, in the game menu, under File, press "Compress Game Data". This will compress the game :p. Also the file you have up now allows for anyone to take your game and change it for their own use. When you choose to compress the game, if you select the box on the lower left it will also create an encrypted archive of the game. This will make it so no one can take your work and make it their own.

Removing these things I compressed the file down to: 51.4 MB.

As much work as you have done to the game itself it will be a fairly large file because of all of the data in the game.

I've found a bug too. If you lose the battle to Gary in the beginning it not only takes you to your house, when you walk out you can walk by the Prof. Oak (I think thats who it is). Also if you reenter the lab you have to fight Gary again, then the game freezes. I don't know if these are fixed but thats what I have so far.

Edit: BTW PokéCommunity Staff. I understand not being able to post links before having 15 posts, but you may look into fixing it to where it does not give this when you are quoting others. :p Anyway the links broken up due to this small problem.

Edit 2:
Whenever I double-click Game.exe it never runs.
What am I doing wrong?

Do you have the RPGXP RTP installed? Is there an error?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Latest Update:
The Pinkan Island is already created and I also made the map of the deserted island with KABUTO's fossils as well. I did choose some Pokemon with Pink/Purple color to appear on this island while it's still impossible for me to bring all the pink color Pokemon to the game though. See the screen shots below and give me feedbacks if you want:
Pinkanandfossilscreenshot.png

I've found a bug too. If you lose the battle to Gary in the beginning it not only takes you to your house, when you walk out you can walk by the Prof. Oak (I think thats who it is). Also if you reenter the lab you have to fight Gary again, then the game freezes. I don't know if these are fixed but thats what I have so far.

Edit: BTW PokéCommunity Staff. I understand not being able to post links before having 15 posts, but you may look into fixing it to where it does not give this when you are quoting others. :p Anyway the links broken up due to this small problem.

I noticed the bug already and it will be solved in the next release(After four gym leaders in Orange Island are made). I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy the game I made. Have a good day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back