• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headphones or Earphones?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
can't think of a good title lolol

So, quil and I were talking about headphones the other day and I did happen to get a pair for Christmas. I prefer headphones that give out good bass, and clarity comes in a close second. I gotta have the BOOM BOOM BOOM in my ears when I have the volume up, ya know what I mean? :P I do have gummy in-ear earphones that's mainly used for phone calls and skyping, but I prefer over-ear for best sound.

This thread is all about earphones and headphones! Which of the two do you prefer? What do you look for in headphones or earphones? Quality sound, bass, clarity, comfort in general? For an optional question: what brand of headphones/earphones do you prefer?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I prefer headphones over earphones due to the quality of practically everything =P

But earphones are also cheaper but also less good of quality. And it's also alot more portable than huge headphones.

As for the brand, I like Skullcandy and WeSC. Until now, I don't regret buying them :)
I do hate Beats tho.. for the prices those headphones/earphones goes.. you could get other brands that cheaper and better.

Years
I use both headphones and earbuds. I use headphones when at my desktop (and never use speakers), but on-the-go for both playing games and listening to music (or whenever I need to not broadcast my laptop's speakers), I use earbuds.

Last edited:
Years
I've never really liked over ear headphones. They always seem so clunky and draw attention to me. Honestly I've never really been that bothered by sound quality, I've never really been an audio person so I don't spend loads on speakers and such. I'm happy enough with my cheap £5 earphones I got from home bargains.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
I used to prefer headphones until I got myself a pair of Apple EarPods. It's light and small so I find it convenient to bring outside my home and it's easier to clean as well. I'm not really a fan of loud sounds so the sound quality of EarPods is just enough for me and it fit my ears well. The EarPods doesn't fall off my ears while jogging, etc.

Earphones for me.

Last edited:

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I don't go out, so it's headphones for me, though I always have one ear clear so I can hear what's going on around me. Plus I only use them for Skype calls.

Years
Honestly, I don't really listen to a lot of music or anything, so I just bought a cheap pair of earbuds that I'm more than happy with. They're a lot easier to transport than a pair of headphones, and since I only really use them with my iPod, earbuds do the trick for me.

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I used to not care about sound quality, but I couldn't understand why someone would spend $500+ on a pair of headphones if they all sounded the same. So I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 588 on recommendation from my step dad who works in the music industry.

My mind was blown. The clarity and the bass was unlike anything I had ever heard. I loved my headphones, but with a 9 foot cord and an open ear design, they aren't exactly the best travel companion. I found a pair of ear buds by the same company (CX 200) and they sounded even better than my headphones. The headphones I paid $20 for (they where on sale) out performed my $179 headphones. I took headphones back and just used ear buds for quite some time. I recently purchased another pair of headphones from Sennheiser, but these ones (HD 202) are much cheaper, their sound is very good for the $30 I paid for them.

To answer the question, ear buds when I'm away from home, and headphones when I'm just hanging out in the apartment.

ugh so much typing on a tablet, please excuse any typos

Gerri Shin

  
Years
It depends upon the orientation of my head, I far prefer earphones when Im trying to fall asleep, however when sitting in a chair I must use headphones. I've got a pair of Bose on ears that I now use as a backup for a pair of Bose Over ear noise canceling phones My brother gave me for christmas.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Headphones by far. I have yet to have a pair of earbuds that hurt after wearing them for a while. Though I have like, four pairs of headphones for their own respective reasons.

Sir Codin

Earbuds irritate my ears nowadays, plus the average earbud set I'd usually get I later found had inferior audio qualify compared to using your standard $20 headphones. So I use headphones, not just because I find them more comfortable, but also because of superior audio quality.

Still, neither beats car speakers.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I refer to them all as headphones, regardless if they are or not. Lol so reading this thread is confusing me. I like the SkullCandy in-ear ones though. Sounds pretty good to me, pretty comfortable, and yeah that's about it.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Headphones. Earbuds hurt for one, and the sound quality of the ones I've used were pretty tinny. Also, since I listen to instrumental music over songs, I gotta hear how each instrument adds to the overall piece for it to me justice. Even the super nuianced background instruments that you can barely hear over the bassline, I notice that stuff. It might be different if I was only concerned about the lead.

Also, I prefer headphones because they're sometimes good for makeshift earmuffs, and can dull louder noises like road construction.

Years
I wear earbuds always because regular headphones dont fit my head, I prefer earbuds anyway, I can hear better using them and they are more comfortable.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I usually prefers headphones if it is in my home, but if I listening music or video through HP or going outside, I'll prefer earphones.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I prefer Earphones overall. I get what your saying about quality. I bought a pair of Bose sound cancelling Headphones for $150-$180. They broke..
I like Earphones more because well Headphones never felt comfertable to me. I have to find the right pair of earphones though. I notice pretty good sound/bass from lets see I think I'm using Coby now.
I don't see the appeal in Headphones, espc in public.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Headphones, since those earphones never fit in my ear right and usually just end up falling out of my ear anyway. I'm not really fussy about the type of headphones, except I don't like the big ones with the vinyl/rubber type cushions since they irritate my ears and make them start sweating.

Back