• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proudest Game Completion!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
What game have you beat in your lifetime that made you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment that you felt you could break in CNN's broadcast and shout it into the mic? In short; what game that you beat, made you the proudest?

TY

I gotta go with a recent one: CoD Origins...
This zombie map does have a ending (some sort of Easter Egg), and i managed to complete it... I never thought i would finish it cause of all the steps and so, but i managed to do so...

Also Tiberian Sun since that game was so hard... even on freaking Easy O_O

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
None, as of date. The reason being I have either another game to jump to (thus not basking in the success of the victory) or my brother completed it already (as it is in usual cases) so I know what's gonna happen, and I've seen it before, and I know it's not as hard.

I do feel some of that pride when I reach a level in a game before my brother does, though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
A game on the Genesis called High Seas Havoc. It has to be one of the hardest games I ever played, and at times was downright insane.

another game on the Genesis was called Wiz n Liz. I was the only person in my family that completed the game, because the final boss, the Deadly Dragon, is by far the hardest boss in the game.

Years
Metro 2033. I seriously struggled in this game but the storyline is what kept me going. It was interesting and there was a lot of action.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'd say either Super Mario Bros or The Legend of Zelda, both for NES. I just recently beat both of them last summer, after failing many times to do so. Granted, I did have to use the infinite lives trick for SMB and a map for Zelda, but I still beat them. xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2022
Parodius on SNES. It's like the title suggests a parody of famous space-shooter games of that time like Gradius or Pop'n Twinbee.
That doesn't mean it's less hard or fun to play. And of course it doesn't have a saving feature. I was so ****ing proud of myself when I finally got to the end. Will never forget it.

I'm somewhat proud to have finished that game "Cursed Mountain" on the Wii. It's really ****ing bad. It was a present to a friend, but it turned out it sucked hard. He never finished it. He stopped playing after like 40 % of the game and left it lying around in his room. He didn't want to get rid of it claiming, he would someday finish it. Me and my friends teased him with it and annoyed him.
Then someday I was at his place. We were bored so I said jokingly, "okay, put Cursed Mountain in the console and I show you how it's done.". Man that was a dumb idea.
That game is boring, broken and a pain in the ass to play. Still I couldn't stop. I just had to see the goddamn end.
After a horrible night of nonstop gaming I finally finished it and persuaded my friend into going out and burn that ****ing game with fire.

Afterwards we kept the roasted instruction book and framed it...

I have a vid up on YouTube of the burning game, but I can't post links yet.

-- Matt

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
Touhou 13: Ten Desires. On Lunatic difficulty (though it's a while back). Unsurprisingly, most people would not even bother playing a bullet hell game, but it's fairly understandable if one isn't into it due to possible seizures (and it's a common reason for many).

Back