• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RPGMXP] Pokemon Emerald: Beginning of the End

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Pokemon Emerald: Beginning of the End!
never thought it would come to this...​

Intro​

Hello. Its (surprisingly) WillPowerPedro (in the Game Development and not in ROM-Hacking)... I've been messin' around with RPG Maker XP forever and now, it is time to make an epic video game with Animal Crossing and Chrono Trigger midis! I started with this idea at an airport. I was going to fly to Florida. I had been studying up on my religion and I was on the part were Moses was taking the Israelites away from Egypt, and God would help along the way. I started thinking about heaven and hell. I started to ask my mom and dad about heaven and hell. How it looked, how it was formed. Nobody knew. Nobody. Awhile later, I was talking to my brother about a new rom-hacking idea. Then, I came up with one! Pokemon: Eternal Light! Travel Heaven and Hell and side with angels or demons and pick your quest! Destroy Heaven or Hell! The idea soon became this. Now enjoy the Drawing Board idea of Pokemon Emerald: Beginning of the End!

Story​

"Its been 1000 years after the heroes, Brandon and May, tamed Rayquaza. Eh?" asked Joel.
"I guess it has, wise one," said Grandpa, "Littleroot used to be sticks and stones until now! Look at Littleroot now... I guess its more like Bigroot! Hahaha..."
"Teehee. I guess it is Grandpapa." said Jessica.
"But watch out! Bad guys are at every turn, so watch out!"
"You said that twice, Gramps!" said Joel.
"...Oh."
"Hahaha, Life is good!"

Everything is peaceful until your 10th birthday. Team Zealot kill all the people in your town and your family, and destroy the town. Luckily, you make it and don't die. but Team Zealot is unforgivable and you seek vengeance. You must awaken the pokemon gods and restore balance to the world. But there is one question still remaining... Will this backfire? Explore (Future) Hoenn Region battling Gyms, The Elite Four, and the terrible Team Zealot! Play as Joel or Jessica in the ultimate Pokemon adventure!!!

Features!​
  • All 649 Pokemon!
  • Good, old Day/Night System!
  • Even better Seasonal System!
  • New Region, Trainers, Gyms, Elite Four, Gym Leaders, and Story!
  • Animal Crossing and Chrono Trigger midis!
  • Fakemon and Pokemon! Brand New Pokedex!
  • And Mystery Gifts, PokePhone, and Pokewalker!

Support and Screenies

Support​

Coming Soon!

Info on our team and me:
Code:
Team name:
Virtually Awesome

Team Leader:
me

Current Members:
none so far

Current Game title:
Pokemon Emerald: Beginning of the End

Current progress made:
5%

Position(s) needed:
mapper x2
spriter x3
graphical editor/animator x2
scripter x2
inserter x2 (inserts tile, maps, sprites,etc.)
artist x1

I dont need alot of members, but it will be very helpful to have many members.

Timezone: Eastern Timezone -5 hours

Preferred Method of contact: Please just PM me.

Additional info: Made on RPGMXP. Using DS Pkmn Essentials by vemon12.

Thank you very much!

If you want to sign up, send me the form below in a PM all filled out.

Code:
UserName:
Timezone:
Job(s):
Proof of Work:
Any Extra Info (optional):

Screenies​

Screenies Beta 1.0
Spoiler:

Downloads and Extra Info​

Download:
Beta 1.0 - Coming Soon!

Extra Info:
Made on RPGMXP. Using DS Pkmn Essentials by vemon12.

Credits:

Tiles - Kyledove
pokestarter ds - vemon12
creator of pokestarter - Flameguru/Poccil
RPG Maker XP Creator - Enterbrain
Communitydex Friends, Scarf and Chesu - Fakemon
~Involuntary-Twitch - Pokedex Template
~Gendrome - Fakemon

Team:

WillPowerPedro - Creator, Mapper, Basic Scripter, Spriter (somewhat)
countryemo - Mapper, Researcher, Spriter

Thank you for browsing and Bye!!!

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Nothing? Anyone have questions, comments?

I don't think anyone is commenting as by the looks of it there's nothing really for them to comment on, as I mean the story seems too generic and the screen shots are just shots of existing systems of pokemon essentials DS. My advice would be to try work up the story a bit more to grab the audiences attention into going "wow, this game seems creative" and also try to make it so that the screens don't look so common with just default systems.

Years
If it is 1000 years from back then, how come the trainers still looks around the same?

I agree. You should revamp the the sprites and give them a futuristic outfit.

Also, we need more of on the story. Are there gyms or some variance?

And your intro and story (the little you have) don't quite flow. In your intro you say "Destroy Heaven or Hell!" and in your story, you mention nothing about Heaven or Hell. The only thing that has anything to do with it Heaven and Hell are the Pokemon Gods. This entire project just need more thought. As of right now, it looks like you have somewhere to start, but you plan on just winging it as you go along.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Youre missing out on a lot of credits. Venom12 might have made Pokemon Essentials DS but not Pokemon Essentials, so i think it is only fair that you also credit the original creator. There are various other systems from other people in there, so you should credit the people that he credited aswell.

With that being said, the story is a bit plain, and you haven't really shown any progress of the game, so all the points made above are valid. I get the impression that you're actually comming up with parts of the game as you are progressing with it, by that I mean that I don't really feel that the game is properly planned out. One reasin for that would be a vague story. It is imporant to know what you're going to do inthe first place, so you should think about that.

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Youre missing out on a lot of credits. Venom12 might have made Pokemon Essentials DS but not Pokemon Essentials, so i think it is only fair that you also credit the original creator. There are various other systems from other people in there, so you should credit the people that he credited aswell.

With that being said, the story is a bit plain, and you haven't really shown any progress of the game, so all the points made above are valid. I get the impression that you're actually comming up with parts of the game as you are progressing with it, by that I mean that I don't really feel that the game is properly planned out. One reasin for that would be a vague story. It is imporant to know what you're going to do inthe first place, so you should think about that.

Yeah. I agree, but this is my first time. I will definitely fix the stuff.

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Forgot to answer other questions/comments.

~carmaniac

Yeah, I know. I really wanna work on it, just I need some help, or a tutor/good tutorial.

~ProdigyX

I agree! But I need to come up with what they look like, or get a spriter's opinion.

~DForte

I know. If you read it all it says, "The idea soon became this." meaning that the idea turned into something like this. And I want to make a series of these, so the future titles will blend into the idea in the intro. And I want to get further into the game before I put all this random junk in, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for posting! Have a nice day!

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
VERY SMALL UPDATE

Inserting new tiles and fakemon! Screenshots coming soon!

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
That game is bad. it should have:
Edited overworlds
Changing pictures
and lots
Even the plot is boring, it is supposed to be edited. and if Brendan/May lived 1,000 years. thats so boring, that looks so stupid! you didn't even changed anything by the kit.

Years
Edited overworlds
Changing pictures
and lots

First of all, way to get his confidence up, and help support him making this game.
I'm sure what you just posted isn't what he's looking for in comments, he'll be looking more for constructive critism, meaning you say what you like, what you like about it etc, or what you don't like, and why. Just saying something is bad doesn't help in the slightest.

And just saying that his his whole game is bad really isn't the way to go about things, you'll just dishearten him.

While the tiles etc are 3rd Gen, it may just be that likes that style, but if you look 1 post above him, he's already said he's working on changing the tiles about a bit.

Even the plot is boring, it is supposed to be edited. and if Brendan/May lived 1,000 years. thats so boring, that looks so stupid! you didn't even changed anything by the kit.

Personally, i like the plot.
I can't see anywhere in it where it says that Brendan and May survived after 1000 years, it just mentions that it's 1000 years after they tamed rayquaza (Emerald Storyline).

Anyways, here's my take on the game.

As i've said, i think the story is great, pretty creative! I'm looking forward to how you'll portray future Hoenn via mapping, should be good!
I do agree with KingSnivy on one tiny point, which i'm sure you'll address and probably have already started, i may be wrong, but yeah.
Though Pokemon Essentials DS is a good starterkit to use, try not to keep everything "Box Fresh". By that i mean change things around so that your game is different from anyone else's.

I'm sure if you work hard, this will turn out to be a very promising game!

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
First of all, way to get his confidence up, and help support him making this game.
I'm sure what you just posted isn't what he's looking for in comments, he'll be looking more for constructive critism, meaning you say what you like, what you like about it etc, or what you don't like, and why. Just saying something is bad doesn't help in the slightest.

And just saying that his his whole game is bad really isn't the way to go about things, you'll just dishearten him.

While the tiles etc are 3rd Gen, it may just be that likes that style, but if you look 1 post above him, he's already said he's working on changing the tiles about a bit.

Personally, i like the plot.
I can't see anywhere in it where it says that Brendan and May survived after 1000 years, it just mentions that it's 1000 years after they tamed rayquaza (Emerald Storyline).

Anyways, here's my take on the game.

As i've said, i think the story is great, pretty creative! I'm looking forward to how you'll portray future Hoenn via mapping, should be good!
I do agree with KingSnivy on one tiny point, which i'm sure you'll address and probably have already started, i may be wrong, but yeah.
Though Pokemon Essentials DS is a good starterkit to use, try not to keep everything "Box Fresh". By that i mean change things around so that your game is different from anyone else's.

I'm sure if you work hard, this will turn out to be a very promising game!

Thank you! Just, Thank you! Someone who doesnt expect me to be the best when I just started! Crazyninjaguy, you are the most nice and one of the best at scripting I've seen here in Game Dev. If you need help with anything, just PM me! ;)

And I'm looking for more fakemon and I might get the pokedex in by... a week, maybe less.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
My one suggestion. Try not to be cliche. The plot is very cliche at the moment. It gets real generic, especially on a site full of these types of stories.

The idea of it isn't horrible. Its not great either. But keep in mind, most stories plots in concept are not usually great. Really, for that, you should find something that you (which you probably already have) adn get that set in stone. From there, you can work on the story telling part of the game. The story telling can take the blandest of stories and make them exciting. Getting rid of cliches would be a good first step.

EDIT: Oh, adn another. You say you'll get your Pokedex in a week. If this is the case I doubt you're making the fakemon yourself or you underestimate how much work needs to be put in to make good fakemon. Unless I'm mistaken. Avoid taking other people's work without asking to use it and giving credit. This may be drilling in an obvious point, but I've seen it happen plenty in the past, so i rather someone starting out not miss that important detail.

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
My one suggestion. Try not to be cliche. The plot is very cliche at the moment. It gets real generic, especially on a site full of these types of stories.

The idea of it isn't horrible. Its not great either. But keep in mind, most stories plots in concept are not usually great. Really, for that, you should find something that you (which you probably already have) adn get that set in stone. From there, you can work on the story telling part of the game. The story telling can take the blandest of stories and make them exciting. Getting rid of cliches would be a good first step.

EDIT: Oh, adn another. You say you'll get your Pokedex in a week. If this is the case I doubt you're making the fakemon yourself or you underestimate how much work needs to be put in to make good fakemon. Unless I'm mistaken. Avoid taking other people's work without asking to use it and giving credit. This may be drilling in an obvious point, but I've seen it happen plenty in the past, so i rather someone starting out not miss that important detail.

Thank you for the tips, and about the pokedex, I'm using sprites by the communitydex (in the pixel art section). The sprites there are awesome!

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
I actually think you have a good, simple story; my concern is will you be able to draw off of that enough to make this game worth while? What sets it apart from other games?

I am excited to see you progress with this though :) I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

Oh, and one more comment/question: Do you intend to change the existing pokemon around? I'm just curious, I would think some kind of evolution would have gotten to them. That might just be my interpretation though.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
The idea is, as mentioned above simple and/yet interesting, but perhaps you could explain more about it in the story: the Pokémon Gods, their purpose, what or who they are, where that team came from and what their purposes could be... that kind of stuff, you know? Filling in the plot holes xD

Additionally, you could try to do some placeholder screenshots (and by placeholders I don't mean kit maps and such), even with the default tiles from the kit. Even if they're just beta versions of a village, a city, or even the lab.

Other than that, you seem to be dedicated to this project; and you don't usually see that around here.

That being said, good luck! =D

WillPowerPedro

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I actually think you have a good, simple story; my concern is will you be able to draw off of that enough to make this game worth while? What sets it apart from other games?

I am excited to see you progress with this though :) I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

Oh, and one more comment/question: Do you intend to change the existing pokemon around? I'm just curious, I would think some kind of evolution would have gotten to them. That might just be my interpretation though.

Heck yeah! There is going to be fakemon, so I will have stuff like Spinda pre-evo and Pachirisu evo. So, you will be expecting other pokemon than the original. There will be regional pokemon changed around so I will have starly and zigzagoon.

UPDATE

New team member, countyemo! He is a mapper! Yay!
and banners comming soon.

Last edited:
Years
Edited overworlds
Changing pictures
and lots

Sorry kingsnivy, but i'm sick of you, everyday you post the most irritating stuff on this forum, and you saying this game is crap? Well look at your 5 games your currently making, one went to showcase with no screenshots or story then 2 days later you took it off saying that you cancelled it now you're saying your working on 5 other games??? Then you started to make a essentials, which all you did was steal everything from other kits and put it into your own...
Please just grow up.

And saying the plot is stupid, is a stupid saying from you, its Pokemon, not the real world, they can live for that long if they like, i find it interesting, better then 80% of plots of games out here today.
And yes maybe the tiles look a bit old, even though his going to change them, i don't see you posting and saying this on dooms thread, his using gen 1 graphics, which i think is a great idea.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
That comment is without spamming.
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Spoiler:

And, anytime you want me help, PM me!
Even, i am spriter, let me join if you want, if you want me show you, see my prof. pic!

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
That comment is without spamming.
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Spoiler:

And, anytime you want me help, PM me!
Even, i am spriter, let me join if you want, if you want me show you, see my prof. pic!

Don't take this person's help. He can't even help his own game at the moment.

EDIT: Don't want to spam your thread, so hopefully you see this. Don't trust post below this.

Last edited:
Back