• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rate my team please!

pokelooker

Staraptor guy
Years
so, im an average trainer who dosent EV train or cheat. My team seams preaty good but i could still do with some help.

Gavantula
Moves:thunderbolt
voltackle
thunderwave
bugbuzz
Samowatt
Moves:surf
icebeam
hydropump
attract
Staraptor(yeah,really)
Moves:arielace
bravebird
fly
closecombat
Archeops
Moves:acrobatics(no item, double damage)
u-turn
stonedge
dragonclaw
Volcarona
Moves:quiverdance
bugbuzz
flamethrower
overheat
Zoroak
Moves:u-turn
night daze
flamethrower
grassknot

any reply is appreciated and of corse, i accept any challenge so let me know if you want to battle this team!

PS: my time zone is GMT so i might not reply to you if im asleep:)

ryziken

Neutral scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
...volt tackle on Galvantula?
I'm assuming you mean Volt Switch?

For Archeops, use the Flying Gem item. Trust me, it combos quite nicely w/ Acrobatics because it is consumed BEFORE the attack happens, thus you get double damage PLUS the Gem boost.

Also, I just want to point out that EV training is super easy and definitely worth doing. If you want, serebii.net has all the information you need about it. That's what I use.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
If you're not going to Ev train it's going to be difficult to win any kind of competitive battle.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
id like to further reiterate that EV training is essential and todays metagame. also beneficial natures are very important, as are held items. these three aspects can reallt help you out in a battle.

and as stated before EV training is not that hard. once you get the hang of it you can EV train a poke in its respective stats in 40 minutes or less. also smogon has guides for EV training, which come in handy when you first start.

now to natures. these can be very beneficial to your pokemon. i will use your zoroark as an example. since zoro has high base speed and sp. attack you will want to have a modest or timid nature because they will help your zoro excel in either speed or sp. attack.

i cant reiterate enough how very important EV training, natures, and held items are.

hope this helps you out a little =)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Yup. I don't want to be redundant but EV training, natures, and held items are very important and essential to winning lots of battles unless you don't want to win that much. :(

Galvantula would like a coverage move, probably Energy Ball > Thunder Wave. Hidden Power Ice would also be a good option but difficult to obtain especially if you're unwilling to breed for IVs etc.

Samurott would probably be better off with a Swords Dance set. Since I'm too lazy to type it out...

daikenki_animated_sprite_by_t7fu8-d31bq56.gif

move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Aqua Jet
move 3: Megahorn/Night Slash
move 4: Waterfall/Return
nature: Adamant
item: Life Orb/Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Even if you don't decide to use that set, you should use another move over either Hydro Pump or Surf; you don't need two of the same STAB move basically. Waterfall and Aqua Jet are usable on the same set because Aqua Jet has priority while Waterfall has power; Surf and Hydro Pump don't have anything notable between them except power/accuracy. Attract is hard to use because you will be hard-pressed to use it effectively but whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Staraptor would prefer to not have three Flying-type moves. Try using a set like Brave Bird/CC/U-turn/Return with a Choice Scarf or Band, or Brave Bird/CC/Substitute/Roost with Leftovers or Sharp Beak.

Use a Flying Gem on Archeops! It gets destroyed when you use Acrobatics the first time, meaning it will be really really powerful.

Same thing goes with Volcarona; you don't need Overheat and Flamethrower. Flame Dance would actually be the preferred option, with a 50% chance to boost your Special Attack every time you use it. You can use something like Morning Sun or Psychic >> the other Fire-type move. :)

Good luck with your team!

Back