• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I like to join!♪
Username: angelomanalo
Partner(s): Scolipede
Reason for joining: I like Poison Types, since my dream is to become a scientist♪
Scolipede is also a cool Poison Type♪ Plus-Amoonguss, Arbok, and Seviper, are also cool♪

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Hi there angelo! :) cool! a filipino! :)

Scolipede is the heaviest poison type, IIRC. :) just a welcome trivia to celebrate your joining.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to both new members, enjoy your stay! ^^

Hmm, on the Muk vs Garbodor debate which seems to have arisen, I really can't decide! They're both two of my favourites D: I love Grimer far more than Muk though... So I'll go with Garbodor!

Muk- 2
Garbodor- 2

Spoiler:

I think if people stopped paying attention to the stupid mouth they gave the sprite (see below) then Garbodor would be a lot more popular!

569.png

Anyway, new topic time! It'll be similar to this one. ^^

New topic: Which is best, Beedrill or Scolipede?

015.png
vs
545.png

These are two of the fully-evolved Poison Bugs from the start of the games, so which do you prefer!

miltankRancher

Years
Wow. This poll is hard. Hmm... I have used both already, and both had been helpful in ways to my team, though they were not the best of them actually. I have no say to their stats, and typing. Well, I will simply judge from their movepool and design.

I like Scolipede's movepool better, since it encompasses many types and such (with Steamroller becomingg pretty famous.)

Design-wise, I will go with Beedrill. e just looks so badass.

Hm. I guess I am neutral to this. :) no vote from me.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome to both new members, enjoy your stay! ^^

Hmm, on the Muk vs Garbodor debate which seems to have arisen, I really can't decide! They're both two of my favourites D: I love Grimer far more than Muk though... So I'll go with Garbodor!

Muk- 2
Garbodor- 2

Spoiler:

I think if people stopped paying attention to the stupid mouth they gave the sprite (see below) then Garbodor would be a lot more popular!

569.png

Anyway, new topic time! It'll be similar to this one. ^^

New topic: Which is best, Beedrill or Scolipede?

015.png
vs
545.png

These are two of the fully-evolved Poison Bugs from the start of the games, so which do you prefer!

No other takers? Just a tie?

Garbodor-2
Muk-2

Yikes, we need a tiebreaker, first to 5 wins? lol

I like Scolipede, as it's mighty fast. Has a bit bigger movepool. I never really cared for Beedrill to be quite honest. I've always been more a Butterfree-type of guy so Breedrill loses my vote here.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I prefer Scolipede over Beedrill seeing as I wasn't born with the classics and Beautifly was the first final evolution bug type I've gotten. Beedrill was literally the last one I got, even after Scolipede. Mainly it's because I didn't really want to train a Weedle or Caterpie.

miltankRancher

Years
Weedle is a bugger to train. It gets Poison Sting as its first attack, which is ineffective against Pokemon in Viridian City. :)

to answer the current trivia: 7 pokemon were released in Gen V.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Weedle is a bugger to train. It gets Poison Sting as its first attack, which is ineffective against Pokemon in Viridian City. :)

to answer the current trivia: 7 pokemon were released in Gen V.
Actually, wouldn't the answer be 8?

The question asked Generation IV, you said V. Getting me all confused here! LOL

miltankRancher

Years
OOppssss. Drastic mistake there. sorry. I guess you were the one who answered. hahaha. it's 8. My eyes tricked me.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I like Beedrill for sure but based on competitive battling, Scolipede is literally better as it is more useful than beedrill. Since everyone just picks Scolipede, I willl go with beedrill. It needs some love from me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think I'll go with Scolipede. It looks so cool and is actually a decent battler; the complete opposite of Beedrill! No one likes Wasps :( Plus Beedrill is too weak to do, well, anything well o.o

miltankRancher

Years
I think I'll go with Scolipede. It looks so cool and is actually a decent battler; the complete opposite of Beedrill! No one likes Wasps :( Plus Beedrill is too weak to do, well, anything well o.o

I was about to counterargue, but I saw the last part. Beedrill is not weak. It can actually deal damage. But the bad part is, he can deal damage not as well as other pokemon.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I would have to choose Beedrill for nostalgic reasons. I've never trained one, and I never particularly cared about it other than its design, which I find really nice, just another of the original 151 wonders :p
It's one of the Bug types I like the best though, so it's easy to conclude that I don't like that many bug types >_<

miltankRancher

Years
Bug types were not strong during the first generation. however, many appeared through the gens.

Beedrill, when I used it, is... hmm.. not the best of my team. But it is good with return + brick break.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Bug types were not strong during the first generation. however, many appeared through the gens.

Beedrill, when I used it, is... hmm.. not the best of my team. But it is good with return + brick break.

Beedrill can learn Brick Break? o.o Now that is a surprise haha. New topic time!

New topic: 'If you were to design your own Poison type Pokemon, what would it be based on and why?'

miltankRancher

Years
IIRC, yes. I'm pretty sure I used a Beedrill with Brick Break in FR.

On topic;

I would base it on a poison dragon. that would be epic, imagine, a dragon spitting out sludge bombs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
IIRC, yes. I'm pretty sure I used a Beedrill with Brick Break in FR.

On topic;

I would base it on a poison dragon. that would be epic, imagine, a dragon spitting out sludge bombs.

Tbh, I always thought this should've been Kyurem :3 There's a rumor that Kyurem has an altered form being released in the future, so if that's true I really hope it gains a Poison typing! Also I reckon a Poison/Ice mix could be interesting too...

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Tbh, I always thought this should've been Kyurem :3 There's a rumor that Kyurem has an altered form being released in the future, so if that's true I really hope it gains a Poison typing! Also I reckon a Poison/Ice mix could be interesting too...
Ehh and I think it'll remain Ice/Dragon though because a move that's be rumored around of his own signature move is also...an Ice type.

Back on topic, Poison Legendary is a must, we need one.

I'd like a Pokemon that has a backstory to illness however, so a Legendary Poison Pokemon would be a perfect...Germ Pokemon I guess?

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back